Dolph hosting "SOMMAR" Swedish radio show (2008)

This is a free-for-all discussion area, with no set topic, just anything & everything DOLPH!

Moderator: Moderators

Dolph hosting "SOMMAR" Swedish radio show (2008)

Postby preacher on 12 Jun 2008, 12:02

Here in Sweden we have a radio show simply called "Sommar" (Summer) and it airs every summer (naturally). Its a daily talk radio show that every day has a different host: Actors, Scientists, Singers, Politicians, Businessmen/women, Journalists... etc.
It is not an interview show. Every quest host gets to decide exactly what they want their show to be about and get to pick the music as well. Easily the most well know radio show in the country, with a lot of listeners.

This year (on July 19th) Dolph is hosting the show. The show will be about his adventure becoming famous and the pros and cons of celebrity.

Sadly, since its a swedish show most of you won´t understand a word said.
Anyway: Here in sweden it´s like a serious honor to be asked to host the show. Even Ingmar Bergman did it ;)

I hope Dolph comes across as the nice, funny, humble guy he is. Many people here still view him as stuck up and snobby.
preacher
Regular

Postby Jox on 12 Jun 2008, 17:25

Very COOL, thanks for the news!

Hope you'll give us a summarized report. Will we be able to listen to it on the web if we want to?
Jox
Site Admin

Postby preacher on 12 Jun 2008, 17:43

Ofcourse I will give a summary.

Sure you can listen to it online.
Dolphs show airs on july 19th at one o clock pm.
Go to http://www.sr.se/P1/ and press the orange sign up right that says
"P1 DIREKT".
A window will now pop up prompting you to configure settings for your media player (if you have not done so previously). Just check the box of the format of your choice and press the blue button labeled SPARA.

Then you should be set.
preacher
Regular

Postby Jox on 12 Jun 2008, 17:43

Jox
Site Admin

Postby dolphage on 14 Jun 2008, 22:23

This is gonna be awesome beyond belief!
dolphage
Regular

Postby Jox on 18 Jul 2008, 22:06

Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 19 Jul 2008, 15:05

Listening to it right now, even though I can't understand a word of Swedish, I can tell it must be awesome.

If someone have the courage to post an English transcript that would be fantastic!
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 19 Jul 2008, 17:38

Jox
Site Admin

Postby preacher on 20 Jul 2008, 22:13

So... I listened to the show as it aired.

All I can say is:
DOLPH "FRICKIN" LUNDGREN!!!!

This was awesome. This was beyond awesome.
I had my worries. The "Sommar" programs are of varying quality, for obvious reasons; the people doing them often have no radio-experience.
And the topic of the show; "Dolph´s journey towards stardom", could easily have come across as 1,5 hours of "Im so great, look at what i have done!".

This was not the case. Not at all.
First of all: Dolph aired it live!. All the "Sommar" hosts have a choice and many of them pre-record their shows. Dolph was live from Stockholm.

The show was great not so much because of what was said but HOW.
Dolph was personal, humble, funny, human and still kinda badass while telling his life story.
Even my girlfriend, who spends most of her time teasing me for my interest in Dolph, liked the show.

I´l be back with another post in the show later (No transcript, sory). Gonna watch a movie now.
preacher
Regular

Postby Jox on 21 Jul 2008, 22:40

Transcript here!!! Almost anything you always wished to know is in here!

Many thanks to Rambo88 of the StalloneZone forum who took the time to translate and transcribe it!

http://craigzablo.proboards18.com/index ... 445&page=2
Jox
Site Admin

Postby dolphage on 21 Jul 2008, 22:41

Preacher, I will see your Dolph "frickin" Lundgren and raise you a Dolph "FCKNG" Lundgren!

Oh my Lord! This is the best thing ever!

SPOILER WARNING!

Dolph really got into talking about his father and their problems. His dad would kick the shit out of him and the story was pretty messed up. And when Dolph talked about it and said that he forgave his father, his voice faltered and he almost started crying. Just sort of whispering. Then he played "My fathers eyes" by Eric Clapton. Kinda intense.

Transcribing it is such a big task... I mean, you all really should hear/read this show but it´s so timeconsuming to transcribe the whole thing. I´ll have to see...
dolphage
Regular

Postby Jox on 21 Jul 2008, 23:02

dolphage wrote:Transcribing it is such a big task... I mean, you all really should hear/read this show but it´s so timeconsuming to transcribe the whole thing. I´ll have to see...

No longer need to, someone beat you to it!
;)
Jox
Site Admin

Postby preacher on 22 Jul 2008, 00:25

Kudos and hats of to the good people who transcribed this thing.
And from what I´ve read of the transcript Rambo88 has done a great job! Really good translation there.
This is something that all fans should hear (or read).
In fact this is something that really could turn a non fan into a fan.

Not sure if all the magic (yes magic) can be transcribed unfortunately.
For example like in the spoiler dolphage posted: It´s how Dolph said those things as much as what he chose to share.

I am not trying to rub it in the face of all you not speaking this obscure language called swedish. But for me this was a big deal. This amped up my fan-hood by some degree.

Good selection of songs to. They really fit.

Don´t know what to say.
Dolph simply is the man.
preacher
Regular

Postby Jox on 23 Jul 2008, 22:29

Rambo88 posted the bonus interview transcript
http://craigzablo.proboards18.com/index ... 445&page=2

It contains some news about CP!
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 25 Jul 2008, 00:05

Jox