NY mag you suck

This is a free-for-all discussion area, with no set topic, just anything & everything DOLPH!

Moderator: Moderators

NY mag you suck

Postby Jox on 25 Nov 2008, 02:01

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2008/11/dolph_lundgren_you_suck.html
I can understand an attempt to be funny (all action stars get laughed at) but calling Dolph a wuss and saying he hasn't done anything or taken any risk (and that directing movie after movie is nothing) is really gratuitous and of "bad faith" (as we say in French) and uninformed......
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Krom on 25 Nov 2008, 14:42

Fuck'em;) 8)
TheArnoldfans.com
Krom
Regular

Postby The_Canadian on 25 Nov 2008, 16:55

I don't think they're calling him a wuss, they seem to actually like Dolph, but feel he should be doing more than cheapo action movies, hence the dissappointment.
"Loosly translated... out of the frying pan and boned up the ass with a red hot poker."
-Showdown In Little Tokyo
The_Canadian
Regular

Postby Jox on 25 Nov 2008, 17:06

while Dolph has cowered in his little corner: a scared little boy, afraid of taking real risks.

What have you done outside of your comfort zone? Nothing. Fraidy-cat.

Doesn't matter, they should be sorry just now....
Jox
Site Admin

Postby manudenis2005 on 26 Nov 2008, 16:50

The guy is an idiot.100% sure he hasn't even checked his latest movies before writing that crap.
I hate ignorants that think that all DTV actors are loosers.If a movie doesn't appear on the big screen it's crap.
manudenis2005
manudenis2005
Regular

Postby dolphage on 26 Nov 2008, 22:49

I DO think he´s trying to be funny. It´s sarcasm all the way, both in describing the other action stars as geniouses or great risk takers and in saying the opposite of Dolph.

But he should still get roundhouse kicked in the neck (in an artistic way) by the Big Guy!!!
dolphage
Regular

Postby Mosquito on 27 Nov 2008, 12:52

Yeah he's basically making fun of all the other action stars besides Dolph. Guess he really likes what Dolph does (stick to the thing he does best).
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Tom on 27 Nov 2008, 13:01

I think it's quite funny to be honest. There's definitely a sense of Irony throughout that article. Methinks that this guy heard the news of Seagal, and funnily enough instead focused an article on Dolph. I'd also guess this guy might be a bit of an action fan too. Anyway, someone should e-mail him videos of Dolph's side line career, as stadium drummer, or charity single singer. 8)
Tom
Regular

Postby Jox on 27 Nov 2008, 14:18

I knew it was meant to be funny, but I didn't even think it was funny which is worse.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Travis on 07 Dec 2008, 11:06

I liked it...and they had a great pic of Dolph
Travis
Regular

Postby Warchild on 15 Jan 2009, 21:57

I don't understand either what's his point.
His he saying for Dolph to try to do comedy or love story movies or drama.

I like Dolph the way he is, an action star, who kicks ass.
By directing his own movies, he is getting positive reviews, he is getting new fans who have given up on Steven Seagal who only does movies for the paycheck. To me i don't even respond to these magazines or people cause all they want is a response, but they won't get one from me.
Warchild
Regular

Postby The Robin on 18 Jan 2009, 14:48

"Bitter party of one, your table is ready...Bitter party of one..."

The guy wasn't funny at all.

I really didn't detect much sarcasm there, I have a properly working sense of humor, but the dude just seemed to insult him --- it seemed like he insulted him and tried to cover it up with a joke - to TRY and add sarcasm but failed.

Sarcastic or not, I think Dolph's awesome regardless of some of his "prefer-not-to-mention" movies, Dolph's my guy! He's one of my idols. This is the guy I want my 3 year old nephew to look up to. ANY kid can look up to DL, and parents should be happy with that.

To the writer of that - go ahead and be bitter to the fact that Dolph Lundgren is bigger than you'll ever be, which is why you have to stick with writing something about HIM, instead of it being the other way around.

Thanks for playing.
RIP Charles "Mask" Lewis! TapouT will never be the same.
^^ My Avatar ^^
Always an active American Gladiator!
The Robin

Dolph Lundgren, You Deeply Disappoint Us

Postby guns on 25 Jun 2009, 05:28

i love Dolph
guns
Regular

Re: Dolph Lundgren, You Deeply Disappoint Us

Postby guns on 25 Jun 2009, 05:29

When A&E this morning announced the new reality TV show Steven Seagal: Lawman, about the action hero's second act as a New Orleans deputy, we marveled at his gumption and stick-to-it-iveness. We were reminded of other inspirational, unpredictable second acts, and we immediately thought of other admirable men, like the political advertising genius Chuck Norris, the Method actor Jean-Claude Van Damme, and that great American patriot Arnold Schwarzenegger. You know who we didn't think about? Dolph Lundgren.

We knew that pathetic eighties girlie-men like Dustin Hoffman and Chevy Chase would amount to little outside of Hollywood — but we expected more out of Dolph. Other action stars have demonstrated true courage by imagining careers outside of anticommunist action thrillers, while Dolph has cowered in his little corner: a scared little boy, afraid of taking real risks. Just look at the record:

Chuck Norris: With one show, Walker, Texas Ranger, Norris ended history’s shameful segregation of cowboys and martial artists. Then he supported Mike Huckabee, transforming him from also-ran to contender. Had Norris not been held back, he would have kicked Obama's ass.

Arnold Schwarzenegger: Schwarzenegger did what he could to change the world within the studio system, using Kindergarten Cop to prove that threatening brutes could be caring fathers too (paving the way for Vin Diesel and the Rock). But that wasn't enough: His election as Governator broke barriers for Austrians, orgy enthusiasts, ass gropers, and Hummer enthusiasts.

Steven Seagal: Thanks to the brave work of this man, action films are no longer the domain of fit or thin action actors. He never spoke about it, but the quiet bulk of his moral authority transformed the genre into something bigger, even as he launched the 240-calorie energy drink Steven Seagal's Lightning Bolt. Now he's saving real lives as a deputy in Katrina-ravaged New Orleans. With his bare hands.

Jean-Claude Van Damme: Nearly consigned to a life of copycat action films like Lundgren's, Van Damme broke with Lundgren after the Universal Soldier films and reclaimed his dignity in this year’s dizzying metaphysical heist film JVCD, revealing himself to be an introspective postmodern conversationalist and avant-garde animal lover.

And you, Dolph? What have you done? Other than direct yourself in one straight-to-DVD, filmed-in-Bulgaria action flick after the next, as another crazy vigilante, another terrifying Russian, another martial artist named Lance Rockford working to stop the terrorists for a president played by Jerry Springer… What have you done outside of your comfort zone? Nothing. Fraidy-cat.

Dolph, please take a chance. You're from the land of August Strindberg, Ingmar Bergman, Victor Sjöström, and the world's most famous singing chef — don't hide your genius from the light. Rip it out with your bare hands and drop-kick it back into the ring.
i love Dolph
guns
Regular

Re: Dolph Lundgren, You Deeply Disappoint Us

Postby dolphage on 25 Jun 2009, 12:01

Yeah, again, the writer is really dissing the other actors more than Dolph. He's making fun of their respective careers more than he's genuinly disapointed in DL.

Still, he shouldn't use language like that when talking about the Dolphmeister.
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Next

Return to General Discussion