Just to express my excitement...

This is a free-for-all discussion area, with no set topic, just anything & everything DOLPH!

Moderator: Moderators

Just to express my excitement...

Postby Nathan on 28 Nov 2008, 01:28

Hey, well this post is just for me to say what a great time I as a Dolph fan have had this year and how much I look forward to 2009.

Dolph has done some great things this year, Missionary Man, a hit in rentals and in my living room, it's amazing what he done with that tiny budget. Diamond Dogs wasn't as bad as I expected and everyone else made out, reasonable DTV fair.

The pics from Direct Contact look like a proper old-school Nu Image beat-down/kill one hundred men in ten seconds action movie. I hope it will be a great 90 minutes to kick start 2009 with a bang. Then we've got Command Performance which is shaping up to be the most perfect Dolph movie in the last ten years at least. One helluva kick ass plot, possibly the sweetest synopsis for a movie ever. The footage, photos and everything I've seen so far have only got my blood pumping more and more for this movie.

Really looking forward to 2009 because The Expendables has just been announced, which was great, but possibly the most awesome thing in the history of Dolph's career is that he is actually in it!!!! Cannot wait for that and hope for a teaser and set pics around mid 2009, then Dolph kicks it up another gear with Icarus and maybe even squeezes in US-3 by dominating the screen as Andrew Scott.

Lastly I'd like to thank Jox for the CP website, for this website also and all his other fantastic work..what can I say, the man kicks ass. Congratulations to it's ten years and all the other members that posted news and pics and I know it's early for this but a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to everyone when it comes.

The future looks really bright for Dolph at the moment so let's keep our fingers crossed and hope everything goes to plan and all his movies hit the mark in 2009 and beyond.

I think we here at the Dolph forum are about to witness a turning point in Dolph's life and career and I'm glad I'm here to witness it. :D :D :D
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Postby Moltisanti on 01 Dec 2008, 01:00

I agree. Very exciting time right now both in terms of what's to be released and what's (hopefully) to be filmed in 2009. It has been a real change of pace between the lean years (mainly 2000-2004) when compared to how his career has been doing since 2005.

Extremely glad that this site is around to keep us updated on all the various projects on the horizon.
Moltisanti
Regular

Postby Jox on 01 Dec 2008, 18:13

We've all come a long way. It''s incredible to think how things are paying off.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Tom on 01 Dec 2008, 19:39

When Dolph was coming out with stuff like Agent Red, I never thought I'd see a day when he'd sign on for a $60million budget action spectacular with Sly Stallone, or when he was in control of his career, directing his own movies. Just remembering in the meantime, the feeling I had when I first watched The Mechanik, and how a dark cloud dispersed, is great, and I look forward to an even better feeling. Firstly with CP, but then sitting in a theatre and seeing Dolph on the big screen again, kicking that ass!

8)
Tom
Regular

Postby leigh1975 on 01 Dec 2008, 20:38

I was happy when the UK finally started releasing Dolph movies again after literally years, and came back to outsell his contemporaries instantly.
The buzz around Dolph and Expendables just goes to show how much warmth there is for the man beyond just being Drago. He's created more buzz than Statham and Li, and that's nothing to be sniffed at.
leigh1975

Postby Jox on 01 Dec 2008, 21:10

Yeah, Sly with Li and Statham was somewhat of an odd combination even in action world. I think that what makes the buzz strong and why people react so positively is in part due to the Sly/Dolph reunion after 23 years in a real action flick. It's a team up that works in people's minds and fantasies.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Tom on 01 Dec 2008, 21:14

The Expendables by it's very existence can only be awesome. It's just finding the level of how awesome. If it's of the quality of Stathams last few, or Jet Li's, that's perhaps the lower end of awesome. Standard of Rambo 4, mid level awesome, but if Sly pulls out something genuinely well made and exciting (meaning an action film that would stand up, even if you replace the well know action men, with unknowns) then we're talking mucho awesome. I'm hoping for the latter, cause I'd love not only a great experience and a great bit of giddy excitement, but also a genuinely good action film too.
Tom
Regular

Postby Nathan on 01 Dec 2008, 21:39

I am still hoping Dolph will be part of the team and then turn traitor..that would be good. But I fear Jet Li may be the villain...Did Dolph ellaborate on his part or character Jox?
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Return to General Discussion