Should do commentaries on the movies he directs!!

This is a free-for-all discussion area, with no set topic, just anything & everything DOLPH!

Moderator: Moderators

Should do commentaries on the movies he directs!!

Postby Nathan on 13 Jan 2009, 21:25

Wouldn't that be cool? Dolph doing a commentary on Command Performance for the DVD or Icarus. Just movies he has directed because then it will be more interesting, I think that would be great!! Plus it would only take a few hours to record and not a lot of effort for Sony or whoever to put it on the dvd...what do you guys think? Would this be possible in the future Jox?
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Postby Jox on 13 Jan 2009, 21:50

For sure that would be a treat not only for fans but film geeks as well!

It's not impossible it happens one day hopefully...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Nathan on 13 Jan 2009, 21:56

Cool, maybe for Icarus he can talk about the development of the script and stuff. What do you other guys think? Would you listen to a commentary with Dolph?
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Postby Luigi on 14 Jan 2009, 00:44

Nathan wrote:Cool, maybe for Icarus he can talk about the development of the script and stuff. What do you other guys think? Would you listen to a commentary with Dolph?

Yeah sure, I would really like to get inside his head and see what he thinks about the films he's directing. I often find many commentaries insightful, and you often get to know why a person directed or acted like he did in certain parts of the movie for example.
Luigi

Postby The Robin on 14 Jan 2009, 01:48

I listen to commentary all the time. Yes, I'm a movie geek, but a cool movie geek!

A commentary with DL would be awesome. I listened to the UniSol Commentary with Dean Devlin, Roland Emmerich, Jean-Claude Van Damme, and Dolph Lundgren. It was really good, but JC and Dolph should have been on more. I think they recorded them at different times.

Whatever, commentary by DL would be just fantastic!
The Robin

Postby Craigie-Boy on 14 Jan 2009, 14:05

A commentary by Dolph would indeed be cool. It's a shame that he doesn't seem to be asked to record any. If he were to record a couple for his recent self-directed films, then perhaps later on if he finds himself with some free time, he could perhaps revisit some of his earlier films and provide one for them too, as so many of his older films have few to no extras.
Craigie-Boy
Regular

Postby Mosquito on 16 Jan 2009, 01:34

I absolutely agree. I don't listen to commentaries by the directors much, only if they are among my favourite directors (Ridley Scott, Peter Jackson...). For sure I'd love to listen to a Dolph commentary! Learn why he decided on certain things and why something has to be exactly the way it is etc.
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Ceana on 16 Jan 2009, 15:33

A commentary would be great, because it usually gives you a whole new perspective on the movie. I love listening to commentaries, as long as they're interesting and I like the people that are doing them. :D
Ceana

Re: Should do commentaries on the movies he directs!!

Postby Warchild on 08 Feb 2009, 02:25

I agree, it's about time Dolph does a commentary because all my DVDs of Dolph has none and no Special featurette of Dolph behind the scenes.
Warchild
Regular

Return to General Discussion