What new movie would you like to see?

This is a free-for-all discussion area, with no set topic, just anything & everything DOLPH!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: What new movie would you like to see?

Postby Jox on 22 May 2009, 18:54

leigh1975 wrote:who could forget Simon Sez??? :mrgreen:

I didn't... although I have never seen the film but it's as if! Dennis Rodman?! :mrgreen:
Jox
Site Admin

Postby dolphage on 22 May 2009, 21:43

Mosquito wrote:Well, I'm always right, so how could you disagree?

You have literarly only been right two times since I´ve been on here. And it´s been years...
Mosquito wrote:But even though there are roles that don't require taking your shirt off I think Dolph shouldn't play them. 8)

I´m all for "shirtless minigun action", it´s some of the coolest shit in the world, I´m just saying if he HAS to do dramatic stuff, let it at least be heterosexual drama (sorry to all teh gheys on here, it´s just my opinion). There are badass dramas/thrillers too, he doesn´t have to act all sissy just cuz it´s not an action movie.

High five?
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Postby Mosquito on 24 May 2009, 08:39

dolphage wrote:
Mosquito wrote:Well, I'm always right, so how could you disagree?

You have literarly only been right two times since I´ve been on here. And it´s been years...
Mosquito wrote:But even though there are roles that don't require taking your shirt off I think Dolph shouldn't play them. 8)

I'm afraid you're wrong here...

I´m all for "shirtless minigun action", it´s some of the coolest shit in the world, I´m just saying if he HAS to do dramatic stuff, let it at least be heterosexual drama (sorry to all teh gheys on here, it´s just my opinion). There are badass dramas/thrillers too, he doesn´t have to act all sissy just cuz it´s not an action movie.

High five?

Why would taking the shirt off be a) gay and/or b) sissy?
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby dolphage on 24 May 2009, 18:32

Mosquito wrote:
Why would taking the shirt off be a) gay and/or b) sissy?

What?! Taking your shirt of (with the intent of killing henchmen with a minigun) is neither gay nor sissy. It´s awesome and hetero. I have NOTHING against the shirt-off/minigun combo!

I was saying that DRAMATIC rROLES are usually gay and/or sissy (no offense*).

* Q: Does writing "no offense", while offering up a, CLEARLY, offensive statement make it any less offensive?

(I hope so)
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Postby evegotbet on 07 Jul 2009, 02:32

Slapstick comedy like in "Naked Gun" with Leslie Nielsen; or comedy like in "Liar Liar" with Jim Carrey; or comedy like in the movie "Rat Race" :roll: .
evegotbet

Postby evegotbet on 11 Aug 2009, 01:35

A follies and bloopers movie with Dolph's slip-ups while making movies :lol: . (ur fans love u Dolph!)
evegotbet

Postby Craigie-Boy on 13 Aug 2009, 02:54

evegotbet wrote:Slapstick comedy like in "Naked Gun" with Leslie Nielsen; or comedy like in "Liar Liar" with Jim Carrey; or comedy like in the movie "Rat Race" :roll: .

Yeah, Dolph should really try his hand at a comedy part. He had a cameo in the evidently-atrocious Fat Slags (no, I haven't seen it, I just watched his part on YouTube) which gave him a little comedy time, but he needs to try and go for a full-blown role in a movie. Arnie managed it with Twins, which was a great movie, and which gave him a little respite from being stereotyped as an all-action guy... so hopefully Dolph can land something similar?
Craigie-Boy
Regular

Postby dolphage on 13 Aug 2009, 09:58

Dolph should do any genre of film he wants EXCEPT COMEDY! ABSOLUTELY NO COMEDY! It would ruin him.

Tounge-in-cheek action? Sure.

How about this:

I would like Khurram to dust off his old "Vampire State Building" idea and have DL star in that. That was pretty awesome. And it would probably play best with a bit of comedy in the mix. But Dolph should be the straight man.
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Postby Jox on 13 Aug 2009, 10:36

khurram112 wrote:P.S. I would like to see Dolph in a Buddy action comedy. Sorta like Red Heat/Showtime/Bad Boys/Rundown with Dolph playing the straight man and the other guy (any known comic actor like Adam Sandler, Rob Schneider, Martin Lawrence, etc) providing the comic bits and involving Dolph in the comedy accidently...

Please no, they don't know how to write this stuff anymore, back in the day yes.

Dolph could do a comedy if well written, not just goofy silly and on the nose. He's real funny when he jokes around, but maybe would need to work on the comic timing with a good a director.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Mosquito on 14 Aug 2009, 10:21

khurram112 wrote:I would also like to see Dolph in a childrens film in the vein of "The Kid(Bruce Willis)" or something like "The Sixth Sense(Bruce Willis)"...

Oh my, please not something like The Kid. That was so terrible, especially the weird make-up Bruce was wearing and the really annoying kid. *sigh* The Sixth Sense was very good but not exactly a comedy or a child movie. That was more like The Shining.
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 14 Aug 2009, 10:58

khurram112 wrote:What if Dolph writes it himself ?

Writing comedy is hard, writing it for yourself might be worse, maybe it better be with a good comedy writer/director who can take the distance to use Dolph in the best way.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Mosquito on 15 Aug 2009, 22:22

khurram112 wrote:I did not meant exactly like The Kid. I meant a kinda movie in which Dolph associates himself with a kid or a bunch of kids and have an adventure with them.

Ok. I'm against that. ;-) I think it wouldn't work.
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Jack Caine on 16 Aug 2009, 15:42

Jox wrote:
khurram112 wrote:What if Dolph writes it himself ?

Writing comedy is hard, writing it for yourself might be worse, maybe it better be with a good comedy writer/director who can take the distance to use Dolph in the best way.

That's so true, jox. Writing comedy is very hard, esp. because so many people have different ideas of what is funny. I tried writing a comedy for my filmmaking class and some bits that my friends and I found particularly funny, the girls didn't laugh at. It's not easy to please everyone.

We did, however, get off lucky by making a blaxploitation/action/comedy without black people, which turned out to be a hit at the high school film festival. All it takes is two good minds and a Shaft marathon to make success sometimes.

Still, I don't know about Dolph writing comedy or being in a comedy. Maybe if Shane Black was feeling a bit silly, he could write something for Dolph, but knowing Black, he seems a little too professional to write a Dolph movie (sorry, i couldn't say that without sounding snobby).
"I come in peace!"
"But you go in pieces, a**hole!"
Jack Caine

Postby dolphage on 16 Aug 2009, 16:01

A little self promotion there, mr Caine? You'd probably be better of posting links to your films in the Off Topic section. There was some pretty funny stuff in it though.

I don't like the kids movie idea either. Arnold, Vin Diesel and The Rock have already done that and not with great results.
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Postby Jack Caine on 16 Aug 2009, 17:33

Well I figured I'd have some actual proof to show of the project and just kinda have the visual aid anyway. But yes, I'd probably be better off posting it elsewhere.

I HIGHLY doubt Dolph will ever do a kid's movie. He may have a heart of gold, but certainly not one for gummie bears.
"I come in peace!"
"But you go in pieces, a**hole!"
Jack Caine

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion