What new movie would you like to see?

This is a free-for-all discussion area, with no set topic, just anything & everything DOLPH!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: What new movie would you like to see?

Postby Tom on 25 Apr 2009, 12:21

Jox wrote:
Tom wrote:I'd like to see Dolph in a Judd Apatow comedy, as himself. In a scenario where someone has to team up with Dolph Lundgren, for whatever reason. I could seriously see Will Ferrell and Dolph on screen together, or maybe Paul Rudd. But as with most of the Apatow flicks, there needs to be a littering of his troupe, with Seth Rogan, Bill Hader, Jonah Hill, etc, making cameos.

Haha YES! :mrgreen:

I should also add, the film should feature McLovin! :D
Tom
Regular

Postby Craigie-Boy on 08 May 2009, 02:34

I think Dolph would have been well suited to the recent remake of The Hitcher, in the role that Rutger Hauer originally played. I haven't seen the remake, and I understand that it's actually a pretty terrible film (!), but Dolph's presence would have made it watchable for me.

He really does need a couple of juicy new roles as the villain - his previous such roles have been his most successful ones, from both a critical and financial standpoint.
Craigie-Boy
Regular

Postby Nathan on 08 May 2009, 17:58

I completely agree with you Craig, his role in Universal Soldier was great and I've been dying for another role like that since. It was such a shame a lot of his part was cut from Johnny Mnemonic. I can't really think of any particular movie I'd like to see him in but as for "types" of movies or characters he should play I've got a whole list full. One thing I wanted to see him do was play a hitman in a very dark movie with a colour scheme like Payback..but it appears he has just done it!!
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Postby Jox on 08 May 2009, 18:12

Craigie-Boy wrote:He really does need a couple of juicy new roles as the villain - his previous such roles have been his most successful ones, from both a critical and financial standpoint.

It would have been interesting to see what he had shaped up for his first version of ICARUS when he was to be a completely villain assassin. But thankfully now he's got THE EXPENDABLES which promises to be very juicy indeed! (there's also the UNISOL cameo but I'm not sure how much of an acting stretch it's gonna be apart from the fights)
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Nathan on 08 May 2009, 21:05

I know Jox!! Damn it, when he told us about the original Icarus concept I could have almost cried!! Stupid fucking producers. Although I still can't wait for Icarus. I wonder who he had in mind to star opposite him originally... I'm still hoping that he gets a couple of cool lines in US-3 and gets to do that crazzzzzy grin!! I also can't wait for his performance in The Expendables. This is an awesome time for Dolph!!
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Postby Warchild on 17 May 2009, 02:08

I think Dolph should do some kind of martial arts movie, i mean he doesn't have to do any fancy jump kicks like van damme , but i just saw the punisher and direct action and i like the way he shows his martial arts abilities in these movies, a couple powerful kicks and he sends the enemy slamin to the floor, chops, blocks, headbutts i like the way Dolph shows it in these movies, I think Dolph can still do it at his age, an american karate teacher in a Dojo, is threaten to close down his dojo to make way for plans to build a skyscrapper by powerfull business men, but Dolph won't give in and now gangsters and criminals are hired to scare off his students from joining his dojo, and now Dolph must step in to protect those who face danger and his dojo for being burned down by thugs. :wink:
Warchild
Regular

Postby Mosquito on 17 May 2009, 10:21

I absolutely agree with you, Warchild. The only thing that I would change is the setting. From previous movies I have the impression that natural settings are much better than urban surroundings. Think of MoW, BoD... hopefully The Expendables.
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby dolphage on 17 May 2009, 16:47

Direct Action was such a cool idea but it ulitimately ended up looking like bad television. To have The Big Guy do the one man army thing and just walk around, slowly, beating bad guys up in the most brutal ways imaginably is awesome beyond beleif. And the story could absolutley have been turned into a great action movie. Sadly, the end result, not so good...

I´m not so sure about the "Dojo on a deserted island being torn down by an Evil Coorporation" though. :cry:

Why did I put the "crying smiley" behind that sentence? Am I still drunk from yesterday?
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Postby evegotbet on 19 May 2009, 00:17

i would do anything to see Dolph in a slapstick humor comedy movie, it would just make me want to give him an all the bigger nice sweet kiss on the cheek. :lol:
evegotbet

Postby Warchild on 21 May 2009, 04:11

evegotbet wrote:i would do anything to see Dolph in a slapstick humor comedy movie, it would just make me want to give him an all the bigger nice sweet kiss on the cheek. :lol:

I wouldn't mind seeing Dolph in a comedy, but Dolph needs a good funny co-star along side him, just like Arnold swarzenegger with Danny de Vito in Twins.

The only guy i can think of is Rob Schneider.
Warchild
Regular

Postby Jox on 21 May 2009, 09:22

Warchild wrote:The only guy i can think of is Rob Schneider.

You gotta be kidding me! (not even mentioning JUDGE DREDD and KNOCK OFF)
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Mosquito on 21 May 2009, 09:22

Warchild wrote:
evegotbet wrote:The only guy i can think of is Rob Schneider.

Yuck. His buddy in SILT was pretty funny, that worked well. But I'm hesitant about that comedy thing. It seldomly works for the tough guys, with few exceptions like Arnie and Dwayne Johnson (who unfortunaltely seems to have specialized in Disney comedies now). Dwayne and Seann William Scott were perfect in The Rundown. But there are more bad examples than good comedies with tough guys, don't you think? I mean - it's worth a try. The tongue in cheek humor might be a better idea than a straight silly comedy. Slapstick? No way.
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby dolphage on 21 May 2009, 13:40

Mosquito wrote:But I'm hesitant about that comedy thing. It seldomly works for the tough guys...The tongue in cheek humor might be a better idea than a straight silly comedy. Slapstick? No way.

Incredible, I agree with the Mosque once again! What´s the world coming to?

Comedy... not such a great idea. A lot of the old school cred the Big Guy´s got comes from the fact that he DIDN'T start making comedies in the nineties (like most of those p*ssies), but kept going with the action genre. (not saying he had much of a choice in the matter, but still...)

I´d much rather see him do a harder drama/thriller, like Affliction (Nick Nolte and James Coburn) or Gran Torino (Clint Eastwood). There are roles out there where you can tell a tough guy story without taking you shirt off and strapping a mini gun to you body.
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Postby Mosquito on 22 May 2009, 17:43

dolphage wrote:Incredible, I agree with the Mosque once again! What´s the world coming to?

Well, I'm always right, so how could you disagree? :mrgreen:

There are roles out there where you can tell a tough guy story without taking you shirt off and strapping a mini gun to you body.

Yeah, nobody needs a mini gun. But even though there are roles that don't require taking your shirt off I think Dolph shouldn't play them. 8)
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby leigh1975 on 22 May 2009, 17:50

Jox wrote:
Warchild wrote:The only guy i can think of is Rob Schneider.

You gotta be kidding me! (not even mentioning JUDGE DREDD and KNOCK OFF)

Of course, there's always Dane Cook; who could forget Simon Sez??? :mrgreen:
leigh1975

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion