What new movie would you like to see?

This is a free-for-all discussion area, with no set topic, just anything & everything DOLPH!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: What new movie would you like to see?

Postby evegotbet on 18 Aug 2009, 01:05

poor Dolph, being tugged in all different directions by all his fans. i think comedy is a great idea. Schwarzennegger did it and it was okay - "kindergarten Cop" - very cute. it's true u can't please everybody, only GOD can do that, but if u simplify and split it into comedy that guys like, comedy that girls like, and some religious comedy from the world religions - Christianity, Muslim, Buddha, Hindu and Old Testament, and some cute pet/animal/wildlife comedy you will certainly have an international/universal hit - (easier said than done :? ).
or what about comedy like Mr. Bean or Benny Hill :lol: . i used to love Benny Hill as a teenager - i don't know.
or a Catholic comedy where Dolph coaches a sports team in a Catholic boys school (and perhaps a girl's school too) and ... :?: .
evegotbet

Postby Jack Caine on 19 Aug 2009, 08:48

Religious comedies never really go too far. Just look at Religulous, Saved!, Keeping The Faith, etc. Plus I don't think Dolph is a very religious person. John Woo is, but he doesn't press it to the point that Chow Yun-Fat is a murdering priest or anything.
"I come in peace!"
"But you go in pieces, a**hole!"
Jack Caine

Postby Mosquito on 19 Aug 2009, 18:58

I think The Life of Brian is a very nice religious comedy. :mrgreen:
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby evegotbet on 21 Aug 2009, 07:12

Jack Caine wrote:Plus I don't think Dolph is a very religious person.

hey Jack, i think Dolph IS a very religious person. i saw pictures of the Christening of their daughters, i believe Dolph and his family are Church going people. (Dolph, if you're reading this you better be going to Church as often as possible :evil: for only GOD can save your and your families' souls. no amount of fans in the world can save your souls on the last day on planet earth)!
evegotbet

Postby Jox on 21 Aug 2009, 10:02

evegotbet wrote:i saw pictures of the Christening of their daughters

That doesn't mean being very religious. Dolph said himself he was brought up a Lutheran but he doesn't go to church often. He's more spiritual than he is religious.

Now back to topic please.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby evegotbet on 24 Aug 2009, 00:15

Jox wrote:
That doesn't mean being very religious.

i know
Dolph said himself he was brought up a Lutheran but he doesn't go to church often. He's more spiritual than he is religious.

well, i will pray that he convert to Catholicism, the true Church GOD, JESUS, and MARY left as a present for us humans here on earth

:evil: don't tell me what to do :mrgreen:
evegotbet

Postby Jox on 24 Aug 2009, 01:54

evegotbet wrote: well, i will pray that he convert to Catholicism, the true Church GOD, JESUS, and MARY left as a present for us humans here on earth

Let's keep the forum and discussions as laic as possible please
Jox
Site Admin

Postby algren on 24 Aug 2009, 02:58

Dolph is an athlete. So why not have him in an athletics type film. He can do anything, presumably. He could train some young kid how to swim for the Olympics, and maybe compete himself or have a love interest. Would be interesting, especially with a good director.

Try and stop the action for one film 8)
algren

Postby dolphage on 24 Aug 2009, 16:35

algren wrote:Dolph is an athlete. So why not have him in an athletics type film. He can do anything, presumably.

That sounds like Pentathlon/Iron Man (an existing Dolph Lundgren film)

evegotbet wrote:
Jox wrote:

:evil: don't tell me what to do :mrgreen:

He CAN tell you what to do as he is a forum administrator and, thusly, gets to moderate the threads.

Evegotbet, it's O.K to get a little off topic, but you should stop spamming the forum with religious propaganda. Why don't you create a thread in The "Off Topic" section and promote your religion there?
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Postby Jack Caine on 24 Aug 2009, 16:35

algren wrote:Dolph is an athlete. So why not have him in an athletics type film. He can do anything, presumably. He could train some young kid how to swim for the Olympics, and maybe compete himself or have a love interest. Would be interesting, especially with a good director.

Try and stop the action for one film 8)

I think we all saw what happened with Pentathlon. :lol:
"I come in peace!"
"But you go in pieces, a**hole!"
Jack Caine

Postby Mosquito on 24 Aug 2009, 20:32

dolphage wrote:Evegotbet, it's O.K to get a little off topic, but you should stop spamming the forum with religious propaganda. Why don't you create a thread in The "Off Topic" section and promote your religion there?

I would rather see religious propaganda somewhere else, not on this forum, even in the off-topic section to be honest. This is a laid back actor-related forum and not the place for highly controversial topics that everyone should consider through inner monologue...or dialogue with his/her favourite deity.

So I think the new movie I would like to see is Religulous by Bill Maher. Haven't seen it yet, will make sure to check it out.
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Warchild on 03 Oct 2009, 11:35

I still think, it would be awesome to see Dolph in a role we never seen him play before in a different time period, like a western or during the age of the vikings or maybe during the 15th century where pirates rule the seven seas :)

I guess a 5 million dollar budget is not enough to make these kinda movies or maybe it would be too much of a challenge to do these kinda movies, maybe that is why Dolph sticks to more simplier projects like TD, TM and MM .
Warchild
Regular

Postby Catty on 05 Oct 2009, 16:05

Warchild wrote:I still think, it would be awesome to see Dolph in a role we never seen him play before in a different time period, like a western or during the age of the vikings or maybe during the 15th century where pirates rule the seven seas :)

I guess a 5 million dollar budget is not enough to make these kinda movies or maybe it would be too much of a challenge to do these kinda movies, maybe that is why Dolph sticks to more simplier projects like TD, TM and MM .

I would love to see Dolph Lundgren playing a Viking.

Unfortunately he wasn't in "The 13th Warrior". It's one of my favourite films.
Catty
Catty

Postby Warchild on 28 Oct 2009, 09:49

The 13th warrior is a good movie, i also liked movies like Conan the Destroyer and Conan the Barbarian with Arnold, and Ladyhawke and Willow etc... too bad they don't make those type of movies anymore.
Warchild
Regular

Postby Miss Kitka on 16 Dec 2009, 01:42

Hi Mike, I would like to see him in a horror movie, he hasn't done anything on this genre. Like a story about the "skinwalkers", it would be very interesting, he is a type of "Selene" in Underworld, but in a male of course, what do you think?
Perhaps he can start to see other kind of movies, other genres, he has to show his real acting by doing something else, I like action movies like the ones that have made it, but it is always excited to see him doing something else.

He should think about it!!!! He could do movies with the wonderful Producer and Director Robert Rodriguez, he made magnificent movies
Miss Kitka

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion