Burglars in Dolph's House

This is a free-for-all discussion area, with no set topic, just anything & everything DOLPH!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Burglars in Dolph's House

Postby evegotbet on 07 Jul 2009, 02:49

Dear Annette,
the Wednesday, before Father's Day - June 21, 2009 - just 2 weeks ago, for the first time in my life, i'm 36 now, i had somebody try to come into my apartment while i was sleeping. i've been living in my apt for 8 yrs, b/c i'm near the University here for graduate classes.
i have a sliding door in the back where a wood stick stops the door from opening. i woke up to a noise, i turned my head, i saw a man's hand trying to open the door. i called for help, 911. they told me to go into a closed room, i went into the bathroom and locked the door until the police came.
i was very shaken :shock: . nothing happened to me thank GOD. GOD knew from the very beginning that this person was not going to be able to get in. the thought of what could have happened to me, had this person got in, was very sobering. i was always aware of my vulnerabilities, but this refreshed my memory.
my advice: cry to GOD, HE will hear u.
GOD bless u, ur family, husband, and all.
evegotbet

Postby dolphage on 07 Jul 2009, 11:36

evegotbet

That sounds like a horrible experience and I'm sorry you had to suffer through it. Hopeflly, you had some better locks installed and you learned from it. It could have ended much worse.

You're pretty religious aren't you? Like, REALLY religious.
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Postby evegotbet on 08 Jul 2009, 05:53

hey Dolphage,
what does "Spring, era javlar" mean? take care, talk to u soon sort of thing?
r u a guy or a girl?
evegotbet

Postby dolphage on 08 Jul 2009, 19:40

evegotbet wrote:hey Dolphage,
what does "Spring, era javlar" mean? take care, talk to u soon sort of thing?
r u a guy or a girl?

"Spring era jävlar" is a line from Dolph Lundgrens movie "Men Of War" it means: "Run, you bastards". It's a cult line in Sweden.

I am a big strong man.
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Postby evegotbet on 09 Jul 2009, 04:15

Oh. is ur picture on DL's facebook page. i just posted mine on DL's facebook, as a fan of his. i feel like flirting by asking questions like height, age..., but i won't in the interest of being faithful to my future husband. GOD bless u.
evegotbet

Postby dolphage on 10 Jul 2009, 00:17

Right...

I've got to warn you though, Mosquito is already totally in love with me, so you'd have to wrestle her for my attention. In a tub of jell-o, wearing bikinis.

May the best (looking) woman win... FIGHT!
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Postby leigh1975 on 10 Jul 2009, 17:57

dolphage wrote:Right...

I've got to warn you though, Mosquito is already totally in love with me, so you'd have to wrestle her for my attention. In a tub of jell-o, wearing bikinis.

May the best (looking) woman win... FIGHT!

I'm SO refereeing... :mrgreen:
leigh1975

Postby dolphage on 05 Feb 2010, 17:13

This is from an recent swedish interview ( http://www.aftonbladet.se/nojesbladet/m ... 6547933.ab ). I've put it through google translate and then corrected it.

- The robbers ought to be glad that I was not home when they hit. Then there would have been a blood bath, "says Dolph Lundgren, 52.

He says that he was on a shoot in Vancouver when three masked men broke into his home in Marbella Spain.

T knife point they took his wife and their two daughters hostage.

- They wore ski masks, ordered down my family on the couch and forcedmy wife to open the safe.

Fortunately, no one was harmed.

Dolph was reached by the news while on the set just hours after it happened.

- It was damn hard. I was completely destroyed but could not get away. I was in Vancouver and on my way to Bulgaria. I deployed a British friend of mine, and then some Bulgarians who used to work security..

The Bulgarians, he later sent out to search for the robbers.

- They were looking for a month but could not get hold of them. They had fled. That's the way it is with guys like that. They take a big score that can sustain them for a while..

Today, he has reinforced security around the villa.

- I have a lot more alarms, bars over all the windows and armed guards around the clock.

When the news arrived Dolph felt powerless because he was not at home. But given the way he believs he would had reacted maybe it was just as good.

- Then someone would have died, for sure. I had resisted.

He says that as a matter of fact, supported by anger.

The fact that the robbers were armed had not deterred him.

- With guns you do nothing. If it was just a knife I would have resisted. I know I would have a pretty good chance to do it unless they were really good, and these guys weren't.

- But there was only one guy who had a knife. If you take him down the other two aren't that cocky.

But who would rob a karate expert?

- As I said, it would have been rough if I had been at home. Let's say you kill the three guys in front of your own children. It would not have not been all that fucking nice with blood everywhere.

- It was fortunate that it went the way it went.
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Postby Tom on 05 Feb 2010, 18:21

It's a good thing Dolph's and his family aren't in the UK as much now, because robbery victims are unable to defend themselves in their own home if they, or their family are put in danger. The justice system here is diabolical, turning criminals into victims, and victims into criminals.

But I totally agree with Dolph's stance there. If someone threatens your wife a children, you put your life on the line for them. If someone has a knife they'll probably use it at some point, if sometimes, things get carried away, and the knife is swung, that's it. Very luckily for Dolph's family, that the guy with the knife didn't use it. One flicker of adrenaline too much, and he could have. So it's totally understandable why Dolph's view is so strong on this.
Tom
Regular

Postby evegotbet on 06 Feb 2010, 00:41

dolphage wrote:This is from an recent swedish interview ( http://www.aftonbladet.se/nojesbladet/m ... 6547933.ab ). I've put it through google translate and then corrected it.

Thank you Dolphage for translating that article. i always wondered what went through Dolph's mind when he heard that happen. when i told my Jerry, he didn't say anything. (for me to take care of myself is a given, so he didn't even say that). that experience still governs my actions today when i deal with "men". i needed to learn that 'men' can be a real threat, and to not let my guard down ever again. well i hope nothing happened to the wife and girls as far as being raped. that's horrible. nothing happened to me. i don't have money to give, so he would have raped me no doubt. i just think how pathetic guys can be that they can't even get a girl so they go and try to rape one. i am very watchful now, and place my fears and faith in GUESS WHO? i don't know for sure but i believe it was the 'pathetic maintenance guys' who lurk around the complex. they don't like me too much b/c i don't put out. they stole my car two or three months ago. it was a 1990 town car. i was going to trade it in as a 'cash for clunkers' for maybe something nice but used. it's okay, they still can't have me. (hah, spit). i am happy they didn't take my good car, my 2000 Taurus. sorry for going off topic but earlier in this past november or december it was in the news that in the apartment complex next to mine that 2 guys were trying to get into an apartment and were shot through the door, and one guy died. that was music to my ears. i have a feeling it might be maybe the person who tried to come into my apartment. i don't know. i am still very careful.

back on topic, i am glad that D did not kill anybody. he would have to live with that the rest of his life. he doesn't need that. it is very dangerous, and in the business where D is in u never know who u can and can't trust. D and his whole family always need to be very careful. as long as they don't attach themselves to their material wealth, and keep in mind that their personal safety is by far more precious, and as long as they are just careful they should be okay.
evegotbet

Previous

Return to General Discussion