Daily Mail might have it in for Big D

This is a free-for-all discussion area, with no set topic, just anything & everything DOLPH!

Moderator: Moderators

Daily Mail might have it in for Big D

Postby MikeR on 05 May 2009, 21:46

After last week's story about the break in at Big D's house, this week the UK's Daily Mail has another story about him - and they're down to their usual scum-sucking standard.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1177143/Its-easy-beefcake-Rocky-star-Dolph-Lundgren-tries-maintain-trim-physique.html

If you use an electron microscope perhaps.

Big D has a decade and a bit on me and I wish I had a waistline like that!

(If you're lucky enough not to live in the UK. It's the third-biggest selling paper in the country and manages to mix right-wing politics and long-lens photography in a way that just about anyone can find something to support at least one of their prejudices. Too fat, too thin, too tired, too poor, too foreign? The Daily Mail hates everyone).

Upside - the Mail thinks Big D is newsworthy ;)

M.
MikeR

Re: Daily Mail might have it in for Big D

Postby Jox on 05 May 2009, 22:05

Yeah I saw that BS story, they're just in for a quick buck, cheap comments... everybody knows paparazzi shots make anybody look bad so there's nothing to be ashamed here (I 'm not even sure these are recent)... anyway no need to preach the choir here.

What's a pain is these tabloid stories get copied by sites around the world and make more noise than any movie news. The robbers story made the site's visit jump (+ DL IMDB page up 78% this week) like none other this year, it's good to make people come but I wish it would be for his film news (sometimes so hard to get stories for in mainstream sites) not gossips...

THE EXPENDABLES will most likely do both: bring him back into the limelight for his movies but will also make him more of a media target than usual...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Tom on 05 May 2009, 22:42

I recall seeing those pics before, or perhaps similar. They look old. Certainly I think that in DC Dolph wasn't in the best shape he's been. But he's looking in good shape for Icarus, and looked quite slim in CP. These action guys tend to relax during periods off. It may have been between gigs.
Tom
Regular

Postby dolphage on 05 May 2009, 23:10

Pulling your shoulders back while arching your back would make an anorexic look fat. Besides maybe he´s bulking up for the expendables.
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Postby Mosquito on 05 May 2009, 23:37

Yeah it's easy to compare someone possibly somewhere between gigs with another guy who's in the middle of a shoot, has been working out for this especially and has been caught more than once with substances that "improve" training results. Take a look at bodybuilders at a competition and then check back one month later. You will notice the difference.
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Warchild on 05 May 2009, 23:48

How can you compare someone who takes growth hormones and someone who doesn't, whoever wrote that article needs to be fired and get his facts straight, how can someone call that a belly.
Warchild
Regular

Postby MikeR on 05 May 2009, 23:51

Warchild wrote:How can you compare someone who takes growth hormones and someone who doesn't, whoever wrote that article needs to be fired and get his facts straight, how can someone call that a belly.

That's tabloid 'journalism' for you. To the scum who work in the entertainment rags people are always either too thin (and therefore anorexic and on suicide watch) or too fat (and therefore have lost any hope of being beautiful people). It's a vicious trade and the Mail has a black belt in it - if you can stomach a look at their site you'll see page after page of perfectly happy people, who just because they are famous, are considered fair game.

M.
MikeR

Postby Tom on 06 May 2009, 16:39

Dolph will definitely be ready for Expendables, if he needs to go shirtless. Just like the rest will. Ego won't let them be below par.
Tom
Regular

Postby Jack Caine on 06 May 2009, 22:46

I'll bet my red money that the article was written by some empty-headed 20-something who watched The Hills and Cold Case, and also thinks that Dolph is stupid b/c he's muscular and is very old. Prick.
"I come in peace!"
"But you go in pieces, a**hole!"
Jack Caine

Postby Warchild on 07 May 2009, 05:00

Indeed this is the dumbest article i have read in a while, whoever hired this guy must be even dummer, Stallone in great shape ha :lol: don't make me laugh, does this guy even know Stallone takes human growth hormones and how can you call DL fat
Warchild
Regular

Postby leigh1975 on 07 May 2009, 23:08

So what if he does let himself go a little between projects? Matthew Macaugnehey is notorious for living the life between roles and really getting pot bellied, and then buffing up when the next film comes up. Big deal.
leigh1975

Postby Nathan on 08 May 2009, 00:07

Don't know when these photos were taken but shouldn't this article be about Seagal? Dolph is not fat and if I know him, he is bulking up for TE right now.
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Postby Craigie-Boy on 08 May 2009, 02:23

I really have to cringe when I read stories like this. The media are so utterly obsessed with with celebrities that they feel the need to publicise their every action. Actors and singers in particular can't even go to the shops to buy a pint of milk without photographers hounding them the whole way. Magazines and papers heap praise upon them when they appear in public all made up, but when one of them decides to go outside with no makeup on, or decides to dress down for an hour, they suddenly become the subject of criticism and scorn - all because they 'dare' to appear less than perfect.

These kind of people need to accept the fact that, yes, celebrities ARE human! They're perfectly entitled to dress down for the day when they're not working, or not bother with makeup, or allow their physique to suffer a little between jobs. This kind of thing really doesn't need to make the news.

... And the Daily Mail seems to have had it in more or less everyone at some time or another. They tried to get the PS2 Grand Theft Auto games banned when they were released, if I remember correctly.
Craigie-Boy
Regular

Postby evegotbet on 19 May 2009, 00:12

:evil: u know, something tells me that, that picture has been computer altered. the lower body, the legs behind the knees, it just looks tampered with, it's fuzzy, while the top part of the picture is clear. All your true fans still love you Dolph. keep making great movies. sincerely, your biggest fan.
evegotbet

Return to General Discussion