Whats your favourite DL "acting" scene?

This is a free-for-all discussion area, with no set topic, just anything & everything DOLPH!

Moderator: Moderators

Whats your favourite DL "acting" scene?

Postby dolphage on 22 May 2009, 21:55

In what scene does the Dolph put on his best acting performance?

I, myself, am partial to the monologue about "marching hookers down a rainy street" in Jill Rips. It really is first rate acting ALL categories, action star or not. Quite captivating. And as always he act circles around the "real actors"/dramatic actors in the movie. His counterpart in that particular scene is just awful.
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Re: Whats your favourite DL "acting" scene?

Postby savagesketch on 23 May 2009, 00:09

While the film is not one of his better efforts, I'd have to say the "Can somebody get a doctor??" moment in Storm Catcher. I felt the agony he expressed as he was racing through the hospital trying to find medical assistance for his wife was great.
savagesketch

Postby Jox on 23 May 2009, 01:45

That hospital scene in STORM CATCHER redeems the movie for me, simple yet great energy in the scene.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Nathan on 24 May 2009, 00:41

Ooooooooooh, can't remember that scene in Jill Rips but his acting in the entire movie was great. The fight at the end of Universal Soldier he showed some great acting, even if it was comic. Hope he turns in a good performance in The Expendables and does something like Jill Rips again.
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Postby Warchild on 24 May 2009, 03:11

I think Dolph's best performance is when he is Andrew Scott, Universal Soldier, especially when he grabs the grenade looks at Van damme and then throughs the grenade and it explodes and he celebrates, he was very convincing and noone would have done better, not Sly not Arnold and not Seagal.
Warchild
Regular

Postby Mosquito on 24 May 2009, 08:36

For me it's the supermarket scene in UniSol.
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby evegotbet on 02 Jul 2009, 04:40

For me it's the frisk for weapons of the girl in the begining of the movie "Silent Trigger", when he surprises her; also Dolph's calm facial expressions while preparing to sharp shoot the guy in the desert as he's running away, also in "Silent Trigger".
Sorry, but i also love the make out scence in "Hidden Agenda", in the hotel.
i also like the make out scene with the character "Renee" in "Jill Ripps", and he's cute when he was tied upside down in "Jill Ripps" - although i'm sure his character didn't think it was funny at the time. His facial reactions were cool to watch when the girl went through the list with him in "Jill Ripps".
i'm sorry, i know guys look for different things when it comes to Dolph, but i look at him from a girl's perspective, and he is divine.
evegotbet

Postby The_Canadian on 03 Jul 2009, 12:02

He's entire performance as Frank Castle, The Punisher, is his hands down best acting ever.

It was also my first Dolph movie, the film that made me a true Dolph Lundgren fan(atic).

For a particular scene, it would have to be the ending sequence when he tells the kid to shoot him in the head. Especially when he says "do it" the third time. He's practically begging the kid to do it, and seemingly on the verge of tears he's so desperate for someone to end his misery.

A truly gripping performance.
"Loosly translated... out of the frying pan and boned up the ass with a red hot poker."
-Showdown In Little Tokyo
The_Canadian
Regular

Postby Jox on 03 Jul 2009, 12:38

I always LOVED the PUNISHER ending!

Have you seen the original (alternate) version they had to re-shoot because it was too hard-core where he totally goes berserk and shouts the kid to blow his head off? That was a pre-UNIVERSAL SOLDIER performance!
Jox
Site Admin

Postby dolphage on 03 Jul 2009, 14:36

The Punisher is full of good acting. And if they would have left in all the dramatic parts in the beginning of the movie it would have been awesome. A little slower, yes, but all the family stuff with Louis Gossett JR is really good.

Also, the scene where Louis confronts Dolph in jail is really nice.
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Postby Mosquito on 05 Jul 2009, 00:03

Jox wrote:I always LOVED the PUNISHER ending!

Have you seen the original (alternate) version they had to re-shoot because it was too hard-core where he totally goes berserk and shouts the kid to blow his head off? That was a pre-UNIVERSAL SOLDIER performance!

I've never seen it. Do you think it might be on youtube somewhere? Haven't found it yet.
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 05 Jul 2009, 00:28

original PUNISHER ending (from workprint VHS copy of copy of copy...)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LGcGIaJFoY

and all the other PUNISHER deleted scenes including 16 mins prologue are now embedded here
http://www.dolph-ultimate.com/dolph-in/punisher.html
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Miss Kitka on 09 Dec 2009, 20:57

I like all the scenes, but the one that caught my attention was when his partner in "I come in peace" was killed by the other bad guys, while he was in a store trying to catch a thief armed/ But I could say that he's great in all scenes, he does a great job!
kitkabrowntop.jpg
kitkabrowntop.jpg (4.41 KiB) Viewed 9031 times
Miss Kitka

Return to General Discussion