dolph and jcvd in "top 10 action duo's" list

This is a free-for-all discussion area, with no set topic, just anything & everything DOLPH!

Moderator: Moderators

dolph and jcvd in "top 10 action duo's" list

Postby dolphage on 10 Jun 2009, 14:24

Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Re: dolph and jcvd in "top 10 action duo's" list

Postby Warchild on 14 Jun 2009, 05:00

Dolph and Jc also made the top 10 action heroes in this list that i found :D

http://www.dose.ca/photos/movies/80saction.html

I would love to see Dolph team up again with someone again, although we are going to see him going up agaisnt JC and Sylvester stallone again, it would be nice to see him direct his own movie teaming up with someone maybe Mark dacascos or Wesley Snipes or christopher lambert. 8)
Warchild
Regular

Postby Mosquito on 15 Jun 2009, 00:42

Warchild, you've found an excellent list with one big flaw: After I had read from 10 to 2 I was wondering "Who can be a bigger action star than Dolph, Arnie, Sly, Kurt, Bruce Willis and Bronson?"

*click*

It's... Harrison Ford? Hello?! Agreed, Indiana Jones was the first non-stop action movie, but that's a totally different league then Predator, Rocky or Excape from New York! They put a comedy-action star on top of the list?

*sigh*
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Warchild on 16 Jun 2009, 03:27

I'm not really a big fan of Harrison ford, i haven't seen all his movies, but he has made quite a few action movies in his day too, it's hard to accept that he is number 1, i was pretty suprised myself, maybe it's because his action movies were so succesfull, i mean the ones he made

Star wars 1, 2, 3
Indiana Jones 1, 2, 3, 4
Blade Runner
Patriot Games
The Fugitive
Clear and Present Danger
The Devil's Own
Air Force One
Warchild
Regular

Postby Mosquito on 17 Jun 2009, 01:09

Yes, you are right, he had a lot of big successes. And for sure he did the running, punching and shooting. But in a different way than the *real* action stars. Even when his performances weren't funny like in The Blade Runner (my favourite movie btw) or The Fugitive they weren't really action roles, not like the Sly, Dolph and Arnie type anyway. More like family entertainment (for families with older kids).

So, as much as I like his movies, he shouldn't be there, at least not in the top spot.
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 17 Jun 2009, 08:04

Well it's just someone's list so it's totally arbitrary (may as well put dolphage or Mosquito as #1 Action Star that it wouldn't be any different! :mrgreen: )
Jox
Site Admin

Postby dolphage on 17 Jun 2009, 14:23

Jox wrote:may as well put dolphage or Mosquito as #1 Action Star that it wouldn't be any different! :mrgreen:

There you have it! Not only two great actionheroes, but also the Yin and Yang of dolphamania. The ultimate showdown. Good (Mosquito) vs. Evil (me)! Make it happen! Watch out, Mosque; I'll bite, pull your hair and scratch/claw you!

We're fighting for Jox's hand in marriage. (and world domination) (I guess)
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Postby Jox on 17 Jun 2009, 19:02

Sorry to break it to you dolphage and I know this is gonna hurt but my hand is not on the market or rather I have my eyes set on another lady :wink:
Jox
Site Admin

Postby dolphage on 17 Jun 2009, 19:36

Jox wrote:Sorry to break it to you dolphage and I know this is gonna hurt but my hand is not on the market or rather I have my eyes set on another lady :wink:

Ever since you and Mosquito met in real life things haven't been the same... I sometimes smell mens cologne on your clothes (the brand Mosquito uses) (Old Spice). What's going on!!!

But on a serious note: "another lady"? Good for you, buddy! It's that french charm! Us Swedes lack anything that even resembles charm, so I'm a little jellous! Anyway, sounds good. Anyone we know?
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Postby Jox on 17 Jun 2009, 19:51

Honestly that French charm thing is a myth and got me nowhere when I was in LA so nothing to be jealous about (and Swedish? everybody's jealous of you guys and girls over there!) but then again it might/is just me still being a big dork... so anyway no, nobody you guys know but she's quite a catch (I wouldn't settle for any less of course) so wish me luck and I'll keep you posted!
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Mosquito on 19 Jun 2009, 01:13

dolphage wrote:Ever since you and Mosquito met in real life things haven't been the same... I sometimes smell mens cologne on your clothes (the brand Mosquito uses) (Old Spice). What's going on!!!

Ha, your nose must be terrible if you confuse Old Spice with Eau Dynamisante. ;)

Us Swedes lack anything that even resembles charm, so I'm a little jellous!

I think Dolph is very charming in most of his interviews. Can't say that your avatar photo looks very charming though. :lol:
Mosquito
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion