INTERVIEWS

This is a free-for-all discussion area, with no set topic, just anything & everything DOLPH!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: On "Loose Women"

Postby Jox on 15 Jul 2010, 01:57

Can't anybody get or upload the .flv file for us foreigners?

Here's a backstage video
http://www.itv.com/lifestyle/loosewomen ... ndgrenbts/
Jox
Site Admin

Postby evegotbet on 15 Jul 2010, 04:41

here is the video but you can only watch it from the UK

Can't be missing much with a shameful title like "Loose Women" - yich :x. The UK can keep their adulteress women all to themselves. it does the rest of us a favor :o .
evegotbet

Postby Soomka on 15 Jul 2010, 15:22

I tried ripping the video but only got the adverts.

... now excuse me as I go back to my life as an 'adulteress' woman :P
Soomka

Postby Jox on 15 Jul 2010, 15:37

Soomka wrote:I tried ripping the video but only got the adverts.

Bummer :evil:
Thanks for trying ;)

Oh please do, we're all adulterers here! :mrgreen:
Jox
Site Admin

Postby dolphage on 15 Jul 2010, 16:20

evegotbet wrote:Can't be missing much with a shameful title like "Loose Women" - yich :x. The UK can keep their adulteress women all to themselves. it does the rest of us a favor :o .

Being a "loose woman" just means you're a slut, it doesn't necessarily mean you are engaged in adultery (extramarital sex or sex outside of a committed relationship), right? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adultery
Jox wrote:

Oh please do, we're all adulterers here! :mrgreen:

Are we? Well, I know I am, but are we ALL? Let's all meet up then and take it from there...
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Postby Jox on 15 Jul 2010, 16:34

Either that or sluts :lol: Oops evegotbet is gonna get scared away...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Mosquito on 15 Jul 2010, 23:56

I loove watching all the nekkid gladiators on Spartacus: Blood and Sand having extramarital relationships with slave women or their Domina. Does that make me a loose woman? At least I don't address Dolph here with questionable offers. So I guess I'm ok. :mrgreen:
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Nathan on 16 Jul 2010, 02:09

evegotbet wrote:
here is the video but you can only watch it from the UK

Can't be missing much with a shameful title like "Loose Women" - yich :x. The UK can keep their adulteress women all to themselves. it does the rest of us a favor :o .

Hey, sex sells. Plus the title is kinda parodical and used "loosely". It's basically a show for middle-aged house wifes, presented by middle-aged women, even most of the guests (eg Dolph) are for them to swoon over. Why must everything be so politically correct? Next you'll be telling us you don't approve of Dolph blowing people to fucking bits. :wink:
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Postby Jox on 16 Jul 2010, 02:19

That's the American paradox for ya, violence is not "frowned upon", (it's even valued and sometimes a claimed right), but everything else (sex and alcohol of course, and I shall even add culture and education to some extent) is repressed and taboo. I shall stop here so that it doesn't end up as another endless off topic debate.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby dolphage on 16 Jul 2010, 02:36

Jox wrote:That's the American paradox for ya, violence is not "frowned upon", (it's even valued and sometimes a claimed right), but everything else (sex and alcohol of course, and I shall even add culture and education to some extent) is repressed and taboo.

Christianity.
Nathan wrote:Next you'll be telling us you don't approve of Dolph blowing people

Wow... Just "wow", Nathan. "blowing people"? Really?
(joke)
Mosquito wrote:I loove watching all the nekkid gladiators on Spartacus: Blood and Sand having extramarital relationships with slave women or their Domina. Does that make me a loose woman?

No, the fact that you have sex with many anonymous men makes you a loose woman. Just stop doing that and you're good.
(joke)
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Postby Dawn on 16 Jul 2010, 07:51

Jox wrote: but everything else (sex and alcohol of course, and I shall even add culture and education to some extent) is repressed and taboo.

Apparently, you have never been to the midwest! I'm not sure what mischief people would get into without alcohol! :wink:

And no, not Christianity, just certain denominations. I haven't found one non-drinking Catholic in the midwest yet. :lol: I haven't been to the west coast, so can't say much about them. But pretty much every state I have been to or even different regions within the same state tend to have a different culture/climate to it.

Would love to see the video too. Seems like he has really shown his humorous side of late. I am still hoping for another comedic/action flick. :)
Dolph Aficionado
Dawn
Site Admin

Postby Dawn on 16 Jul 2010, 07:57

Mosquito wrote:I loove watching all the nekkid gladiators on Spartacus: Blood and Sand having extramarital relationships with slave women or their Domina. Does that make me a loose woman? At least I don't address Dolph here with questionable offers. So I guess I'm ok. :mrgreen:

Oh wow, how did I miss this movie? On my list, thanks!
Dolph Aficionado
Dawn
Site Admin

Today on BBC Radio Scotland!

Postby Jox on 29 Jul 2010, 12:17

Today, 13:15 on BBC Radio Scotland
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00t69z6
Pasquale Iannone with the unmissable weekly film programme.
Pasquale celebrates a raft of new action movie releases - talking to SMOKIN ACES director Joe Carnahan, who's breathed new life into 80s favourite THE A TEAM; reviewing Will Smith's son Jaden's performance as the new KARATE KID; and speaking to DOLPH LUNDGREN about THE EXPENDABLES, Sylvester Stallone's action bonanza which stars a whole host of inter-generational action heroes - including Arnold Schwarzenegger, Bruce Willis, Jet Li, and Jason Statham.
Jox
Site Admin

On CTV Canada

Postby Jox on 29 Jul 2010, 15:52

http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/Entertainment ... es-100729/

Dolph Lundgren flexes his muscle in 'The Expendables'

It has been 15 years since Dolph Lundgren kicked some bad-guy butt in a major U.S. theatrical release.

Now the Swedish action star returns, delivering all the bone-crushing moves fans can handle in the new summer war caper, "The Expendables."

"We wanted to make a film that hasn't been made for a long time," Lundgren told CTV's Canada AM on Thursday.

"Forty years ago studios took Kirk Douglas, Burt Lancaster and John Wayne and put then in action flicks. Not any more," says the 52-year-old actor.

Directed by Sylvester Stallone, Lundgren joins Sly, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Bruce Willis, Mickey Rourke and Jet Li on screen in this tribute to the action blockbusters of a bygone era.

Big guns are everywhere in this US$85 million-dollar adventure about a group of mercenaries who travel to South America to take down a cold-blooded dictator.

"We had some competition on set," Lundgren laughs.

"I didn't have the biggest arms," he confesses.

Lundgren also got clipped in his fight scenes with Li, a man half his size who is known for his martial arts skills rather than his use of brute force.

No one will notice in the film's flawless, high-octane action sequences.

That, says Lundgren, should appeal to fans who grew up with these '80s action heroes, as well as new audiences.

"Younger moviegoers who are getting tired of back-flips and CGI effects will like this story," says Lundgren. "What you see here is all real."

Lundgren's got brains, not just brawn

Born in Stockholm, Sweden, the former championship weightlifter and black-belt student is more than a muscle head.

Lundgren speaks five languages and holds a master's degree in chemical engineering from the Royal Institute of Technology.

In 1983, Lundgren was awarded a Fulbright Scholarship to the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.

Lundgren quit after two weeks to become an actor.

In 1985, the fledgling star made his film debut as a KGB henchman in the James Bond film, "A View to a Kill."

His big film breakthrough, however, came in 1985's "Rocky IV." Lundgren wowed fans as the merciless Russian boxer, Ivan Drago, who ended the life of Rocky's friend and sometimes rival Apollo Creed.

Lundgren has since made more than 40 action pics, including 1987's "Masters of the Universe," 1992's "Universal Soldier," and the 1995 Keanu Reeves hit, "Johnny Mnemonic."

The maturing, 6-foot, 5-inch star took on a new challenge in 2004, directing his first film, "The Defender." Other features directed by Lundgren include 2005's "The Mechanik" and 2007's "Missionary Man."

Aging on screen is a concern. But Lundgren says he faces the same challenges as anyone else. "You've got to fight it by working out and watching your diet," he says.

The former MIT brain also looks ahead with no regrets.

"I thought it (acting) would be more exciting than shaking test tubes," smiles Lundgren. Maybe I'll shake some more test tubes when I grow up.
Jox
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion