INTERVIEWS

This is a free-for-all discussion area, with no set topic, just anything & everything DOLPH!

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Terminator on 25 Apr 2005, 16:30

Well, seeing Dolph in such a "classic movie reference" I think he could give a new flair to history- learning. lol
But I think he ought to go in that "fat-slags-direction". This is another good way to improve his actor talents.
In hope for someone who could replace the real Dolph one day if he's (hopefully not as soon) out of business...
Terminator
Regular

Postby Jox on 27 Apr 2005, 23:16

cool info, thanks for the article, I think I found it on the web is that this one?

http://www.stockholmcity.se/TT/TT.asp?Id=6933&pId=103

Dolph Lundgren nu även regissör
Han har alltid funderat på att regissera. Så förklarar den svenske actionhjälten Dolph Lundgren varför efter närmare 30 filmer nu även valt att ställa sig bakom kameran. (TT Spektra)
Efter närmare 30 filmer som actionhjälte tyckte Dolph Lundgren att det var dags att pröva något annat. Nu har han valt att även ställa sig bakom kameran.

- Jag har alltid funderat på att regissera. Jag har tidigare varit lite inblandad i manus och känt att många av de filmer jag gjort hade kanske kunnat gjorts bättre, säger han.

Det var egentligen mer av en tillfällighet att Dolph Lundgren valde registolen. Inför förra årets inspelning av "The defender" blev den tilltänkte regissören sjuk och producenterna frågade Dolph om han kunde tänka sig uppdraget. Även om jobbet nog var hårdare än han tänkt sig är han nöjd att han tackade ja.

- Det är mer utmanade intellektuellt och kreativt. Skådespeleriet är kul också men en annan kick, säger Dolph Lundgren.

Dolph Lundgren, född Hans Lundgren, slog igenom med dunder och brak 1985 i "Rocky 4" där han gjorde rollen som den steroidstinne ryske boxaren Ivan Drago, vars ett enda uppdrag var att banka skiten ur Sylvester Stallone. Hans boxningstakter - och självfallet kroppsbyggnad - gav en rad huvud- och biroller i filmer som bland andra "He-Man - universums härskare" och "Universal soldier", där han fick uppdraget att klämma åt ännu en actionhjälte, Jean-Claude Van Damme. Men sedan försvann den svenske actionhjälten lite från den större filmarenan. Inte för att han inte spelade in filmer. Snarare för att han fick huvudroller i mindre kända filmer som på sin höjd hade biopremiär i USA, medan det i Sverige var hyllorna i videobutikerna som väntade.

- Livet är inte bara att du kan sitta och välja vad du vill. Det är många faktorer som spelar in. Jag har heller inte varit så karriärmedveten, erbjudanden har kommit och så har jag bara valt.

Närmare 30 filmer har det i alla fall blivit för svensken som numera bor i spanska Marbella. Los Angeles och Hollywood tillbringar han allt mindre tid i, även om jobbet kräver det.

Förutom regidebuten "The defender" har han även hunnit regissera "The mechanik" och här har han varit mer involverad i arbetet eftersom det är han själv som hittat på berättelsen. Ingen av filmerna är dock släppta än och frågan är väl om de överhuvudtaget når Sverige

Dolph Lundgren vill gärna fortsätta regissera och har en del projekt på gång. Bland annat håller han på att jobba fram en krigsfilm om Sverige, som utspelar sig under första världskriget. Om det går som han vill blir det en blandad ensemble, både svenska och internationella skådespelare, fast språket blir engelska. Självfallet blir det action.

- Ond bråd död lär nog alltid vara med i de filmer jag gör, tror jag. Fast jag gillar det, jag gillar människor i sådana extrema situationer. (TT Spektra)

Fakta/Dolph Lundgrens filmer i urval:

"Defender", regidebut (2004), "Peacekeeper" (1997), "Johnny Mnemonic" (1995), "Universal soldier" (1992), "Showdown in little Tokyo" (1991), "He-Man - universums härskare" (1987), "Rocky 4" (1985), "Levande måltavla" (1985). (TT Spektra)
TT
Jox
Site Admin

Postby preacher on 28 Apr 2005, 11:58

Yeah...thats the one, only your version is longer ;)
I can see from your source that it was published in Stockholms other free daily paper. That´s the way it works; Metro and Stockholm City basicly buys the same material but they may edit it differently. I think there was some interesting new stuff in your version... so here it is:

DOLPH LUNDGREN, NOW ALSO DIRECTOR
He has always been thinking about directing. That´s how the swedish action hero explains why he after nearly 30 film now also stands behind the camera.

- I have always been thinking about directing. Earlier I have been involved some in the scripts and I have felt that many of my movies could have been better, he says.

It was really more of a coincident that made Dolph choose the directors chair. Before lasts years shooting of "THE DEFENDER" the director got ill and the producers asked Dolph if he would consider the assignment. Evan though the job was harder than he had thought he is pleased he said yes.

-It is more challenging intelectually and creativly acting is also fun but it gives me another kind of kick, says Dolph Lundgren.

Dolph Lundgren, born Hans Lundgren, hit it big in 1985 with Rocky 4 where he played the part of steroidbuffed russian boxer Ivan Drago, whos only mission was beating the shit out of Sylvester Stallone. His boxing - and ofcourse his physique - gave him numerous leading and supporting roles in films such as "He-Man - Masters of the universe" and "Universal Soldier", where he got the mission of putting the squeeze yet another actionhero, Jean-Claude Van Damme. But after that the Swedish actionhero dissapeared a bit from the major movie arena. Not that he had stopped making films. Rather he got leading roles i less known movies that at most premiered in theatres in the USA, while for sweden it went straight to the videostore.

- Life is´nt just you sitting around choosing what you want. There are many factors playing a part. I have not been very career-conscious either, offers have been given to me and I have made my choises.

The swede has, in any case, appeared in close to 30 films and is now living in Spanish Marbella. He spends less and less time in Los Angeles and Hollywood, though the job requires him to from time to time.

Apart from his directorial debut he has also had time directing "The Mechanik" and here he has been even more involved in the work because it is he who came up with the story for the film. None of the films are yet released and the question is if they will ever reach Sweden.

Dolph Lundgren would very much like to continue directing and has some projects in the works. Amongst other things he is working on a warfilm about Sweden set during World War One. If he can have is way there will be a mixed ensemble, both swedish and international actors, but the language will be english. Ofcourse there will be action.

- Evil sudden death is likely to always play a part in the films I make, I think. But I like it, I like people in those kind of extreme situations.

(And then follows a list of Dolphs film...)
------------

Thats it... this version is much better. Much more depth and much more room for Dolphs responses.

Acctually the first interview with Dolph in swedish in years! atleast in a forum thats reaches the general population (not martial arts mags etc.).
Written with respect i think. Otherwise you just here stupid gossip here about him quitting or beating up people in clubs... ;)

I get really excited about a Dolph-project set in Sweden with a partially Swedish cast...
He has been talking about swedish projects for years. Maybe now it can happen. With a couple of films on his belt Dolph has something to show for himself... and that is needed to get your funding around here.

peace.
preacher
Regular

Dolph to be interviewed in major swedish tv-show.

Postby preacher on 21 May 2005, 23:18

On thursday May 26 the tv-show "Godnatt Sverige" (Good night Sweden) will consist of an interview of Dolph Lundgren.
Godnatt Sverige is a halfhour long interview-show airing three times a week with one new guest per night. The airs on TV4, a major channel going out to every swedish household.

So this will be 30 minutes of pure Dolph.

I wont be able to put the show online so don´t bother asking... hehe
Perhaps someone else can?

peace.
preacher
Regular

Postby Terminator on 22 May 2005, 15:26

What's the TV channel's name? Nevertheless, I won't receive this broadcast channel. It would be great if somene can upload this interview. :)
In hope for someone who could replace the real Dolph one day if he's (hopefully not as soon) out of business...
Terminator
Regular

Postby Lindqvist on 26 May 2005, 18:42

I actually just was going to post that.
I'm gonna see it of course and it's on Channel 4 (TV4).
Godnatt Sverige is a Letterman, Leno type of show but just the guest.
"Soon, I defeat real champion.."
Lindqvist

Postby Terminator on 26 May 2005, 22:52

I just now "TV5"... it's more France in a way... just like "Tele 5" e.g.
Recently, I've watched TV and there was a german man and he looked pretty much the same then Dolph right now! Just with the exception of his glasses he had put on. o___O
The same kind of chin, the same way of wearing his hair and his eyes. Quite funny. lol
Terminator
Regular

Postby Lindqvist on 27 May 2005, 00:22

Hehe. A friend in my class look alot like Dolph :)

Godnatt Sverige.
Dolph sat there and got questions from a his old teacher because the talkshow host didn't believe he had went to a so fine school.
He got right on both of the questions. :)
He also got questions about todays violence in the sociaty and the connection to actionmovies. But Dolph said that violence has allways been an act of man, with or without TV or movies.

I got a little disapointed, the intro showed an old footage of Dolph pushing another guy in reality, on the red carpet it looked liked, but they didn't talk about it. i would like to know what that was about.
and for those who don't know so much about Dolph, a little presentation from is movies would have been good.
And we got to see a scen from his latest movie, or maybe it was the movie before the last. And it was about terrorism with Jerry Springer as the president of USA.
Lindqvist

Postby carrie on 27 May 2005, 00:37

the "so called push" on the red carpet would have been with van damme, they both have since admitted it was a publicity stunt they did in order to gain publicity for the movie universal soldier they were both in.
carrie
Regular

Postby Jox on 27 May 2005, 10:49

I wish I could see this interview because I never saw a Dolph interview running more than 5 minutes...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Darling on 27 May 2005, 15:32

Hi,did Dolph nothing tell about new projects or his fitness-book?This half an hour interview was just about old sh.....?
Bye the way,how was Dolph looking and what was he wearing?Please tell a little bit more,thanks.
Darling
Regular

Postby Terminator on 27 May 2005, 16:18

I think here on the misc section I found a picture of Dolph when he used to be around 20 or so... wearing a red pullover. Still small shoulders then.
Terminator
Regular

Postby Lindqvist on 27 May 2005, 21:04

He talked a bit of his private life and that he's gonna retire "on top" anf enjoy his children.

He talked about the new film and how he felt about make the two new movies.

He was wearing a tight, yellow T-shirt and he had short hair. He looked really good. He is still looking welltrained.
Lindqvist

Postby Kurtwood on 28 May 2005, 17:17

the interview is up on www.TV4.se along with some NEW pictures. Unfortunately everything is in Swedish and you must become a member to access the WebTV material but just search on "Dolph" and there should pop up some links who leads to the goodies. I haven't seen the interview myself so I don't know if it's the complete interview or just parts of it.[/url][/quote]
Kurtwood

Postby Jox on 28 May 2005, 22:08

go here there are two clips but one you have to pay even if you're registered, the first one is free at least for now

it's cool to hear Dolph speaking in swedish for the first time

http://tv4.se/visa/?CID=146
Jox
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion