INTERVIEWS

This is a free-for-all discussion area, with no set topic, just anything & everything DOLPH!

Moderator: Moderators

Postby shooby on 17 Jun 2005, 13:53

listen ... or read ?!? It's in a website !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
shooby

NEW DOLPH INTERVIEW

Postby Jox on 08 Nov 2005, 03:35

Lots of stuff today! here's an interview from DVDverdict that confirms his role in THE INQUIRY as "a hero, set in a Roman epic" but sorry guys, no Drago in the next Rocky!

http://www.dvdverdict.com/specials/dolphlundgren.php
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Moltisanti on 08 Nov 2005, 04:15

Great interview, thanks for linking it. It was cool to hear him bring up Mickey Rourke's recent comeback since that's exactly the type of success that he should be granted.

It's interesting to hear him mention how he might be playing a villain soon, and I wonder what he meant about "revitalizing" his UNIVERSAL SOLDIER character.
Moltisanti
Regular

Postby Jox on 08 Nov 2005, 04:17

maybe a performance in the same vein?
Jox
Site Admin

Postby BrunnenMatt on 08 Nov 2005, 10:29

Good Stuff :D

...BMatt
BrunnenMatt
Regular

Postby Tom on 08 Nov 2005, 13:07

A couple of days ago I thought I'd be annoyed if I found out the Rocky 6 rumours were flase, but I;ll be honest now that I know he's doing something else (that;s also a hell of a lot more interesting!) I don't mind.

I cannot wait for the Inquest. I didn;t realise it was historical either, I thought it would be set modern day. It will be great to see Dolph in a costume epic. Plus I feel that this film has more chance of being good comapred to alll the recent lame big budget ones. Since this story is fictional it won;t get complaints of bieng innaccurate as Kingdom Of Heaven and Troy did, plus it won;t be overblown or chopped up by producers quite as much.

Also this Villain role is interesting. I also wonder when he mention a Russian themed project he was working on and whether that was Mechanik, or maybe another Russian film.

I love Dolph's philosophy on doing old school action films, which has worked well seeing as his last two have been top draw (They liked it at DVD verdict and most of hte other reviews I've seen). Inquest is a little different and he seems to have a project lined up after. So Dolph looks busy and I really hope he directs his villain film, plus who would be the hero? Perhaps another action star? Dacascos, Van Damme, Snipes? I'm excited. I'll be honest I can see Dolph working with Chirtopher Lambert, I don;t know why but if he's a villain I think they may avoid the martial arts route pehraps and Lambert is probably someone who would work well with Dolph. I'd certainly bet a few quid that the Lambmeister might just be teaming with Dolph.
Tom
Regular

Postby preacher on 08 Nov 2005, 13:37

Badass!
Cool interview. It seems like Dolph is getting rediscovered. It´s like people are starting to look at his older work trough different glasses now. Same with Van Damme and the entire 80´s/early 90´s action-scene.

He´s got lots of stuff cooking. Can´t wait for more news to drop in.
preacher
Regular

Postby carrie on 09 Nov 2005, 00:24

thanks for the link,
i maybe on my own on this one but im really glad he isnt going to be involved in rocky 6, i think the whole rocky thing should be left well alone now,stallone may lose all credibility,yeah hes in pretty good shape body wise but he has the face of a 65yr old(infact he looks like his mother) so to get back in the ring as rocky at this stage in his life i think would be a mistake(and it could be a painfull one :wink: .sorry)and i would hate to see drago rotting away in a hospital bed dying of aids just to make rocky look better.
sylvester : leave rocky as it is, let people remember it as it stands now because you might turn it into a laughing stock.
carrie
Regular

Joblo interviews Dolph

Postby TombRaider on 09 Nov 2005, 13:53

TombRaider
Regular

Postby Moltisanti on 09 Nov 2005, 17:04

Wow, it's been a good week for Lundgren interviews. I hope Sony does pick up THE MECHANIK because that would give it a higher profile release than his last few movies have received and will get it advertised on some of the other Sony DVD releases.
Moltisanti
Regular

Postby TombRaider on 10 Nov 2005, 10:02

Dolph said that screen gems releasing it, this is sony's sub-company.
TombRaider
Regular

Great interview

Postby TombRaider on 02 Dec 2005, 15:06

TombRaider
Regular

Postby TombRaider on 02 Dec 2005, 22:46

Hollywood actor Dolf Lundgren, perhaps, is $more often than others plays Russian. Here and in the next film "Mechanic", work above which it has been recently completed, it(he) has played the Russian which has born in Peter mechanics. Moreover, this picture became for Дольфа a director's debut, so, Russian types - his(its) own choice. It is already known, that after "Mechanics" Дольф ЛУНДГРЕН will play Russian specnaz in one of new Hollywood insurgents.

- Дольф, recently you have visited our country. How you feel like in Russia?

- Superb myself I feel in Moscow. It is happy, that I come back here. I already was in your capital three times. Also has visited the last year in Saint Petersburg, we there some days filmed.

- Why you have decided to play Russian?

- First, because I already played Russian in " Рокки 4 ". I think, at me it has not bad turned out, I very much liked to play this role. In the abrupt Russian guy the American public sees something mythical and recklessly courageous. At me the script of film "Mechanic" which tells about the Russian guy - former спецназовце, contacted Russian mafia was. The script was rather quite good, and I have decided to take advantage of chance once again to play Russian.

- What made you write this story?

- Once I already represented itself as the director, and here at me the chance to shoot a film again has appeared.

The part of this movie needed to be filmes in Sofia, capital of Bulgaria. One of producers wanted to film there. To me has occurred to make a history about the Russian guy. Action of a picture begins in Russia, then the hero moves to America, and then back comes back to Russia to understand with the problems. His(its) family, the wife and the son was by mistake killed with a mafia. It(he) starts to revenge, and then comes back in the country to continue. In Sofia which something is similar to Russia, I could remove(take off) interiors, and shootings on location have lead(have carried out) in Petersburg.

- You the mysterious personality: have made film-career though started as the scientist. How it has turned out, what you in general have engaged in cinema? Dreamed of it since the childhood?

- No, I did not dream of it since the childhood, but when was the child, played a little. Business was in Sweden. At school I participated in theatrical statements. My father - the engineer - electrician, my brother - the engineer - chemist, therefore I was going to justify their expectations and too to become the engineer. But later, when has moved to America, I have thought: and why to not try to become the actor. Here and has got in this world.

- As far as I know, at you very high IQ. You speak in five languages. How you think, as far as it is important for the actor to have special formation(education)?

- I do not think, that formation(education) so is necessary, if you want to become the actor. You should train at theatre. But in general formation(education) is perfectly, it helps to understand world around, and it was useful to me, when at me children have appeared. At me two daughters, and I am capable to help them with performance of domestic tasks on mathematics, physics and so on. I think, formation(education) first of all is necessary, that you could feel like comfortably.

- Whether there is at you an actor's dream? I have in a kind whom from characters of classics or a history you would like to play?

- It would be quite good to play any Swede. I have played in 30 American films, but never played a role of the Swede. Let even it will be not present(true), but the invented hero. Now there is one project above which I work. It(he) narrates about the русско-Swedish war when Charles XII opposed Peter the Great. The question is several histories from this war.

- As you think, what basic purpose of motion picture arts: to entertain or train?

- I shall quote Shakespeare who spoke, that art is a mirror of the nature. A mirror in which spectators can study themselves study a human life by means of art and, maybe, can understand an own life.

- When you have started to be interested in fighting arts?

- In the childhood I was very small and thin, suffered from an asthma and an allergy. Therefore could not go in for sports much. When I became little bit more senior, have wanted to find for myself such kind of sports which will interest me more which will be more complex(difficult) and rigid. I started to study дзюдо, then have passed to carat.

- Also began to participate in competitions. What memoirs remained to the brightest from them?

Is was, when I for the first time have got on " Бритиш Оупен " in 1980, to me 21 year was. Then I only started to participate in competitions on dot carat, frequently lost, very much was nervous and too pressed on myself. And when began to be engaged contact carat, worked with the instructor much. And once there has come(stepped) the moment when I knew that I shall win, and I have won and have embraced the trainer. It was great day.

- In Los Angeles the teacher of a Jackie of the Tub has told to me, that the most important in fighting arts is a philosophy. And fighting arts learn(teach) not to how to fight, and, on the contrary, how to not fight. It is the truth?

- In part the truth. East single combats learn(teach) you how to become better, how to develop stronger character, how to learn to supervise themselves, how to respect other people and how to learn(find out) themselves better with the help of heavy trainings.

- What from the roles played by you has left the most pleasant memoirs?

- Certainly, break became a role in " Рокки 4 " where I played Russian. The first the staff, first time when I appeared before an objective of a movie camera, was when I have left on arena for last fight. This stage was removed by the first. I ran, jumped up, near to me there were people, and spectators behind sat. My image has appeared on the big screen. And I there stood, and for me all this was and is real, and is unreal simultaneously. Then I also did not know, that this beginning of the big career.
TombRaider
Regular

Postby Terminator on 04 Dec 2005, 19:16

Thanks for referring to the russian text so far. ;)
In hope for someone who could replace the real Dolph one day if he's (hopefully not as soon) out of business...
Terminator
Regular

Postby Jox on 08 Jan 2006, 10:35

Jox
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion