INTERVIEWS

This is a free-for-all discussion area, with no set topic, just anything & everything DOLPH!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: New EXPENDABLES interviews!

Postby Mosquito on 17 Aug 2010, 21:42

From the THR interview:
“Skin Trade”; it’s about human trafficking. Hopefully, I’ll try to get a more famous actor as the lead, and I’d direct it and play the co-lead.

Interesting, so he tries to go the middle road: Don't take the lead but be in front of the camera as well as behind it. Smart move, gives him more time for the director job but doesn't disappoint the fans who want to see him (like me).
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 17 Aug 2010, 21:54

I think it's a smart choice! I didn't see it coming but I totally support this!

If he gets a more bankable star the movie gets more exposure, not being the lead cna give him more time to focus on directing the film and make it the best possible and if the movie is successful and good he'll still get the exposure himself for being behind it and maybe be taken more seriously. And it's not like he's stepping out, he'd still be the co-lead, and since the movie has two main characters, he'll be on screen enough for your eyes Mosquito!

I just hope Dolph aims higher than the likes of Seagal (he ain't gonna bring him a theatrical release).
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Tom on 17 Aug 2010, 22:28

Statham would be a good choice. Depends on whether the role is more action orientated, or acting orientated. But I guess buyers will want a Lundgren film to open up a can of kaboom juice.

They could do something decent in the 15-20 mill budget region, and the combination of Statham and Lundgren, maybe 1-2 well know faces in addition, could make a tidy sum theatrically.
Tom
Regular

Postby Mosquito on 18 Aug 2010, 11:59

And... the villain is almost never the lead. If Dolph is not the lead he can be the villain. I think after The Expendables the execs will finally realize that it would be a killer part for him. :mrgreen:
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 18 Aug 2010, 12:39

Sly and Dolph interview on Channel 4
http://www.channel4.com/entertainment/t ... seven.html
(only watchable from the UK though, why do they restrict all their videos?! :twisted: )

Good French interview
http://www.ecranlarge.com/article-details-17038.php
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 18 Aug 2010, 16:51

Nice interview, starts off as usual but then goes with deeper stuff
http://www.indielondon.co.uk/Film-Revie ... -interview
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 18 Aug 2010, 22:27

Dolph jokes about gaining some weight to form a band called "The Expandables" on the BBC Paul Franks Show (starts at 1:48:15)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p0 ... pendables/
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Dawn on 18 Aug 2010, 23:31

Jox, looking for some information on Dolph doing a Radio interview. I don't know if this is an older one or this will be live. I just heard a blip of info on 96.5 The Buzz here in Kansas City. It might be on the Church of Lazlo show but I am not sure. I would like to listen to it. Searching for info on when it will be aired. I can't find info on their site. Heard anything?

http://www.965thebuzz.com/

Nevermind, it will be tomorrow morning on Afentra's big fat morning buzz. I'll post the time when I get it.

Edit: sometime between 6am-10am Central. Could be anytime in that timeframe. I'll keep listening to the station today to see if they reveal a more exact time. You can stream it and listen tomorrow online.

Dawn
Dolph Aficionado
Dawn
Site Admin

Postby Dawn on 19 Aug 2010, 14:38

Afentra just said he will be on after 8 am today (Central Time). Eric Roberts will be interviewed tomorrow.
Dolph Aficionado
Dawn
Site Admin

Postby Dawn on 19 Aug 2010, 16:46

Just finished, he was on for just a few minutes but his humor really came through on it.
This is not word for word, just from pieces I can remember:
Afentra: Who has aged the best in the group?
Dolph: You mean besides myself?
Afentra: Of course, we won't include you!
Dolph: Well, everyone has aged pretty well. Stallone's over 60
Afentra: Yeah, he's aged well.

Afentra: Who's more difficult to understand, Jet Li or Mickey Rourke?
Dolph: Maybe the Gov-uh-nat-uh! (Arnold accent) This got some laughs
They asked questions about languages and about how he got started in film as well as how he got involved with this movie.
Afentra also congratulated him on the movie "kicking Julia Robert's Eat Pray Love's ass" Dolph mentioned quite a high percentage of women are watching The Expendables (40%) which they were not expecting.

It was a good short interview. Glad to hear it on the radio hear in Kansas City!
Dolph Aficionado
Dawn
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 19 Aug 2010, 16:57

Thanks Dawn!

9:30 am ET - 'The Expendables' just visited Wall Street – Actors Sylvester Stallone, Jason Statham, Dolph Lundgren and Terry Crews rang the opening bell on Wall Street to celebrate the success of their film “The Expendables.” live on CNN.

"Dolph isn't Expendable" on Fox News
http://video.foxnews.com/v/4315283/dolp ... expendable
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Dawn on 19 Aug 2010, 17:08

Ugh! Wish I had known about that!
Dolph Aficionado
Dawn
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion