What makes you like Dolph?

This is a free-for-all discussion area, with no set topic, just anything & everything DOLPH!

Moderator: Moderators

What makes you like Dolph?

Postby algren on 24 Aug 2009, 03:07

I am interested because generally he isn't liked, or to a younger audience; isn't known. So its nice to know what a group of self-confessed Dolph fans make of him and why?

When was the first time you knew you were a fan of this man?

For me it was in The Shooter. Theres something about that movie that makes me warm to him. Then he did Silent Trigger and i was in heaven. Both great great films. Obviously, he did a few duds after those two, so i kind of lost track, but i'm back with the Dolph supporting now. I've bought his last 12 or so DVD's from eBay and will watch them soon. I've always watched Dolph films as young as 8 but never really declared myself a fan until i saw The Shooter. Rocky IV, The Punisher, Showdown in Little Tokyo were all films i saw before The Shooter. Rocky IV he was solid, i believed he was Russian. I also like Dolph because of his acting attitude in Joshuatree, he should do more movies like this.

Red Scorpion isn't the best movie ever made, but its fun and much better than Agent Red, so its not all bad, hehe. Masters of the Universe was huge when i was young, so obviously Dolph was a strong contender for wall space in my bedroom.

When did you guys like Dolph?
algren

Re: What makes you like Dolph?

Postby Jack Caine on 24 Aug 2009, 16:29

I'm 16 and one of 4 fans of Dolph in my school.

I first became a fan when I bought The Mechanik because a friend from a website highly reccommended it. Since then I was a massive fan for Dolph and his eye for detail. Plus he's got big muscles! 8)
"I come in peace!"
"But you go in pieces, a**hole!"
Jack Caine

Postby Mosquito on 24 Aug 2009, 20:36

Hi guys, thanks four your comments. You might like to check out that sticky topic in this section

"How and when did you become a Dolph fan":
http://www.mosquito.net/dolphforum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=856
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Jack Caine on 25 Aug 2009, 04:49

Oop, sorry. Just felt like lending a small hand.
"I come in peace!"
"But you go in pieces, a**hole!"
Jack Caine

Postby evegotbet on 25 Aug 2009, 05:18

Mosquito
"Hi guys, thanks four your comments. You might like to check out that sticky topic in this section

"how and when" is different from "what". i think this is a good topic to post, i'll tell u why. for me it's easy, i'm a girl, Dolph is a guy; but i was curious on what makes guys fans of Dolph's. it's obviously for different reasons than for girls. i figured it must be the action :) .
evegotbet

Postby algren on 25 Aug 2009, 23:28

Every male needs an idol or a rolemodel. Now, i dont mean your father or your uncle, i mean a fictional idol that is used to spur you on in your career or exercise regime, or something like that.

For me its Stallone. But i'm sure for many others it is Dolph, so evegotbet maybe this answers why men like Dolph.

Now i like Dolh because he is a similar mould to Stallone, i that he is an action hero that has built his body from scratch and used it to maximise his potential (like that :wink: ). The stories they portray on screen are good ones and very enjoyable. Especially in the eighties, we can see that they really work hard for their efforts. They work out like 3-4 hours per day, now thats what i call commitment! These new actors can't even spell 'work-out', let alone know what it is! So, anyone that fits into this category is fine by me.
algren

Postby evegotbet on 27 Aug 2009, 07:40

your'e right. okay, makes sense. it's very interesting to see it from a guys perspective. i was wondering. thanks.
evegotbet

Postby The_Canadian on 02 Oct 2009, 09:52

As something of an outsider, I find myself drawn to the lesser known "big names" in pop culture. People who seem to have the talent but get these reputations for being terrible actors.

Plus, The Punisher was the first I'd seen of it's kind. It was so dark, and fascinating. And Dolph's performance hit me on a level I'd never noticed before. God... everyone sees the muscles, but watch the Punisher and watch his eyes, and then you'll know why I'm a open admirer of the man.
"Loosly translated... out of the frying pan and boned up the ass with a red hot poker."
-Showdown In Little Tokyo
The_Canadian
Regular

Return to General Discussion