MISCELLANEOUS and FAN-MADE VIDEOS

This is a free-for-all discussion area, with no set topic, just anything & everything DOLPH!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: THE BEST VIDEOS

Postby irma_gedden on 24 Mar 2010, 17:48

Darling wrote:I`ve never seen this Clip before.Dolph`s Birthday 50 in Moscow
http://www.kanal5play.se/klipp/play/ihu ... 1e05-dolph

Good clip, but I can only guess at what's going on in most of the video lol. Those were very vivacious young women! I thought the conversation they had after DOlph left was hilarious. I have to second evegotbet's question, is that Russian he is speaking later in the vid?

You guys find excellent vids,
IG
Last edited by irma_gedden on 24 Mar 2010, 17:54, edited 1 time in total.
irma_gedden

Postby Jox on 24 Mar 2010, 17:50

Dolph only knows a few words and expressions he learned here and there but he doesn't really knows Russian.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby irma_gedden on 24 Mar 2010, 22:41

Jox wrote:Dolph only knows a few words and expressions he learned here and there but he doesn't really knows Russian.

Thanks for the info--Dolph always seems to make an effort to use the local language, even if he only knows a few phrases. I have a lot of Russian firends but I've only learned a few words lol.
irma_gedden

Postby Darling on 25 Mar 2010, 00:24

Hi Irma_gedden,from which Country you are?
Darling
Regular

Postby irma_gedden on 25 Mar 2010, 04:11

Darling wrote:Hi Irma_gedden,from which Country you are?

Hi Darling! I am from the US of A. On that note, I'm amazed at how Dolph's English sounds so American. I didn't believe, for a while, that he was really from Sweden because he has almost no trace of an accent.
irma_gedden

Postby Jox on 25 Mar 2010, 14:41

That's why I'm always baffled when I hear comments from picky American complaining about his having an "accent", of all the non-American/British action stars he's the one with the best English!

SHOWDOWN IN LITTLE TOKYO TRIBUTE VIDEO:
Jox
Site Admin

Postby irma_gedden on 26 Mar 2010, 00:56

Jox wrote:That's why I'm always baffled when I hear comments from picky American complaining about his having an "accent", of all the non-American/British action stars he's the one with the best English!

SHOWDOWN IN LITTLE TOKYO TRIBUTE VIDEO:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYQa1jLWSjk

Poeple complain?! I honestly believed he must have been raised in America because you wouldn't be able to tell just by listening to him. Arnold and Van Damme both have very heavy accents. I don't mind that at all (and it adds a charm to them) but Dolph definitely has the best English in terms of pronunciation and use. He is more eloquent in interviews than many English/American actors in my opinion.
irma_gedden

Postby Jox on 26 Mar 2010, 01:48

Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 26 Mar 2010, 23:46

Dolph training with his EXPENDABLES double

clip of the "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" episode where they write a M. Night Shyamalan movie starring Dolph
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Mosquito on 27 Mar 2010, 13:28

Jox wrote:clip of the "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" episode where they write a M. Night Shyamalan movie starring Dolph

Heh, I can't really see Dolph signing that contract. :mrgreen:

But it reminds me that I should watch more of that series. It's clearly hilarious.
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby irma_gedden on 29 Mar 2010, 09:00

This is kind of a general question for all Swedish speakers on the board, does Dolph speak Swedish with an American accent? I noticed that being commented on a couple of the youtube vids (where he speaks in Swedish). I cannot tell (from the USA). I have heard of some other non-American actors, like Hugh Jackman, saying that people form their homelands saying their accents are starting to sound American. I didn't really think it was possible to lose one's native accent completely to the point where you speak your original language in a new accent. I guess if you have been immersed in a different language for a long time, though, it is possible.

For a video, sorry if this has been posted, but I stumbled across this:

I don't really know what this vid is lol, but it looks like some kind of Swedish talk show aournd Christmas time.

IG
irma_gedden

Postby MFS on 29 Mar 2010, 13:28

irma_gedden wrote:This is kind of a general question for all Swedish speakers on the board, does Dolph speak Swedish with an American accent? I noticed that being commented on a couple of the youtube vids (where he speaks in Swedish). I cannot tell (from the USA). I have heard of some other non-American actors, like Hugh Jackman, saying that people form their homelands saying their accents are starting to sound American. I didn't really think it was possible to lose one's native accent completely to the point where you speak your original language in a new accent. I guess if you have been immersed in a different language for a long time, though, it is possible.

For a video, sorry if this has been posted, but I stumbled across this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zn57lHjyYug&translated=1

I don't really know what this vid is lol, but it looks like some kind of Swedish talk show aournd Christmas time.

IG

I've noticed the "american accent" a few times, but I think it's mostly just a subtle difference in how he pronounces the letter "r." Also, he has a rhytm in his voice that I find kind of ... american. Hard to explain, it's a bit more ... "cowboy" then regular swedish. :lol: It's just one of the many cool qualities about him :wink: . But it's definitely not an actual american accent, IMO. And that christmas show is a skit of some sort that they did to promote Melodifestivalen, the joke being that the host Måns Zelmelöw didn't get any gifts from either Dolph or Christine.
MFS

Postby irma_gedden on 29 Mar 2010, 17:54

MFS wrote:I've noticed the "american accent" a few times, but I think it's mostly just a subtle difference in how he pronounces the letter "r." Also, he has a rhytm in his voice that I find kind of ... american. Hard to explain, it's a bit more ... "cowboy" then regular swedish. :lol: It's just one of the many cool qualities about him :wink: . But it's definitely not an actual american accent, IMO. And that christmas show is a skit of some sort that they did to promote Melodifestivalen, the joke being that the host Måns Zelmelöw didn't get any gifts from either Dolph or Christine.

Thanks MFS! I love the cowboy comment--that seems appropriate for Dolph. As for the vid, thanks for explaining. I didn't realize that was going on, I just thought they were exchanging gifts lol.

IG
irma_gedden

Postby Jox on 02 Apr 2010, 01:19

Fan-made teaser concept for a DUKE MOVIE with Dolph
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 05 Apr 2010, 14:46

Started to organize playlists (interviews, behind the scenes, trailers etc) of Dolph's videos on my Youtube channel :wink:
http://www.youtube.com/user/JerryDam?feature=mhw5#g/p
Jox
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion