Dolph around the web

This is a free-for-all discussion area, with no set topic, just anything & everything DOLPH!

Moderator: Moderators

Dolph around the web

Postby Jox on 05 Nov 2009, 17:50

http://www.tsbmag.com/2009/11/05/the-return-of-dolph/
It’s weird to consider that currently there’s a generation growing up that has no idea who Dolph Lundgren is, or the effect that he had on the state of our world. This is the star of Masters of the Universe, people! One of the two leads in Universal Soldier! The man who killed Apollo Creed! And yet, somehow, the children of today have never heard of the intimidating mass of muscle from Sweden.

http://kbrocking.wordpress.com/2009/11/ ... -lundgren/
After seeing Dolph on Conan O’ Brien last night, briefly, I thought of something. Dolph is obviously most well known for playing Ivan Drago in “Rocky IV” which is why he got on “The Tonight Show” to begin with ’cause he knew the audience would give him a huge crowd reaction. When Dolph showed up on stage, you saw in that video that the crowd loved Dolph.

What I don’t understand is, if everyone still loves Dolph, why does the man continue to have a direct-to-DVD career? When he tries to do a theaterical release movie like “Masters of the Universe”, “Universal Soldier” or “The Punisher”, he fails in the box office at those movies. Dolph hasn’t had a theaterical release movie in a long time.

This is about to change, Dolph fans.

Stallone got Dolph in, “The Expendables”, and that movie is theaterical release WORLDWIDE, not direct to DVD. I’m sure “The Expendables” will be a box office smash and that film will help Dolph become a mainstream star again like he was back in his Rocky IV days.

After “The Expendables”, I’m sure that film will help Dolph’s film directing career big time. He won’t be a straight to DVD king anymore after that film is released.

I kind of feel bad for Dolph that he hasn’t had a good film career, but I still give him the respect that he kept working over the years. Dolph is a talented guy and he deserves a successful career. This will happen for him, after “The Expendables”.
Jox
Site Admin

Re: Dolph around the web

Postby dolphage on 05 Nov 2009, 18:46

It's been so great being a Dolphamaniac these past couple of years. It just keeps getting better! (The mid-nineties were pretty rough). He is starting to get his dues.
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Return to General Discussion