MELODIFESTIVALEN 2010: Swedish Eurovision qualifications

This is a free-for-all discussion area, with no set topic, just anything & everything DOLPH!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Dolph to host Swedish Eurovision Song Contest qualifications

Postby evegotbet on 28 Feb 2010, 10:41

well, i bet it's pressure from the gay community, maybe not. if ur an actor popular like Dolph is, he should act in many different "faces". i am trying to be open minded - i think it is interesting and scary to a point to watch. i highly doubt Dolph would ever go down that path in real. it would be such an upset if --- forbid he was sold into that kind of lifestyle for real. but it can be humorous if it is kept humorous. no drama stuff in an outfit like that. i would throw up and never have a crush on another actor ever again if that happened. scary. we'll see.
after seeing him dressed like that, i can appreciate his 'melodifestivalen' performance much better. i love that video, i can't stop watching it. very handsome. i love the dance steps of the people around him. very sweet, very sweet.
evegotbet

Re: Dolph to host Swedish Eurovision Song Contest qualificat

Postby dolphage on 28 Feb 2010, 22:20

Here you go, boys:

Personally, I think enough is enough with these skits. But I have to say with that blond mustache on Dolph looks almost EXACTLY like my father. No joke. It's uncanny. Although, my old man never wore that outfit. Not that I know of.
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Re: Dolph to host Swedish Eurovision Song Contest qualificat

Postby Mosquito on 28 Feb 2010, 22:37

dolphage wrote:Here you go, boys:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SO-8BK6z2R4

Personally, I think enough is enough with these skits. But I have to say with that blond mustache on Dolph looks almost EXACTLY like my father. No joke. It's uncanny. Although, my old man never wore that outfit. Not that I know of.

OH MAN!

1. It's not enough.
2. Since you refuse to deliver subtitles or a voice-over, would you puleaaaaze at least write an exectutive summary?
3. Loved that "Mother of all Fake Moustaches".

PS: Bang-A-Boomerang? Fantastic. I'm having an Abba phase myself lately. Since New Year's Eve to be specific. It all began with "Happy New Year" and now I listen to "Abba Gold" almost on a daily basis. Nothing beats Waterloo, Ring, Hasta Manana or S.O.S.. How could I have forgotten *this* song? Yeah yeah, now go ahead and tear me to shreds. :oops: :mrgreen:
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby dolphage on 28 Feb 2010, 22:52

Mosquito wrote:Since you refuse to deliver subtitles or a voice-over, would you puleaaaaze at least write an exectutive summary?

Oh come on, can't some other Swede do it? Preacher LOVES this stuff, he can do it! Or MFS, can't you do it? I just can't bring myself to be a part of this debacle.

Nån svensk som vill översätta eller sammanfatta sketcherna?
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Postby MFS on 28 Feb 2010, 23:18

Mosquito wrote:
OH MAN!

1. It's not enough.
2. Since you refuse to deliver subtitles or a voice-over, would you puleaaaaze at least write an exectutive summary?
3. Loved that "Mother of all Fake Moustaches".

PS: Bang-A-Boomerang? Fantastic. I'm having an Abba phase myself lately. Since New Year's Eve to be specific. It all began with "Happy New Year" and now I listen to "Abba Gold" almost on a daily basis. Nothing beats Waterloo, Ring, Hasta Manana or S.O.S.. How could I have forgotten *this* song? Yeah yeah, now go ahead and tear me to shreds. :oops: :mrgreen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pS3fndEKyE

I'll do a summary of the last skit (pardon my poor english, I'm in a bit of a hurry at the moment): It's called Ödet Var Min Väg, or "Destiny Was My Path", which is also the name of a schlager from a few years back. Dolph is disappointed that he has not yet found out who is responsible behind the threat against Melodifestivalen (yeah it's all a bit weird), and goes back to the apartment of Lisbet Salander - the main female character of the Millenium-thrilogy - where he is greeted by the character Micke Blomqvist, also from the same novels, but mistakes him for the actual guy that portrays the character, actor Micke Nyqvist. Salander shows Dolph a blog that she claims questions the existence of Melodifestivalen, and Dolph concludes that the "gay-mafia" is behind the threat.

He therefore "infiltrates" a gay bar dressed as ... well :lol: and is taken to the gay "leader", Rickard Wolf, a famous swedish actor and occasional singer who is openly gay. Dolph accuses the gays of making the threat, but Wolf explains that the gays love Melodifestivalen and couldn't possibly be responsible. Dolph is shocked, and disappointed in himself (that he hasn't found the real culprits), to such a degree that he starts drinking, gets drunk (obviously) and has an open-hearted talk with Wolf about his own insecurites, while also managing to subtly insult the gay actor by telling him that (heavily paraphrasing): "I once thought of you as a stuck-up fool, but now I see you're not stuck-up at all!" Then he's encouraged by Wolf, dances to "Bang a Boomerang" and leaves the bar, while Wolf and some guy I think is supposed to be his boyfriend comments on "Dolph coming out of the closet, but too late." Dolphs last lines are not very hopeful, although he mentions that he has one more chance to find the threat against Melodifestivalen, one more week.

There you go :) I'm sure, however, it would be a more interesting read if someone with time on his or her hands could make an actual translation of the skits, although I'm willing to write a summary if anyone wants it.
MFS

Postby Mosquito on 28 Feb 2010, 23:45

Oh fantastic, thanks! I honestly had now idea about what was going on until now.
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby MFS on 01 Mar 2010, 00:35

Mosquito wrote:Oh fantastic, thanks! I honestly had now idea about what was going on until now.

You're welcome, glad I could help. :)
MFS

Postby Darling on 01 Mar 2010, 00:47

I agree with Dolphage"ENOUGH IS ENOUGH" :shock:
But soon it is all over,I`m happy than
Dolph can be Dolph, not a Leather-Queen :roll:
Darling
Regular

Postby Mosquito on 01 Mar 2010, 00:52

Nah, I think it's great that he plays against his image. I think self-irony is always a sign of strength. A think I love about the Brits for example.
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby preacher on 01 Mar 2010, 16:15

I'm with Mosquito in this. I think it great.
Plus the skits are not half bad.
It's perfect that he does this in this context.
If Dolph would continue to mock his own image nonstop for the next 5 years then he would end up being a big parody of himself. But this is just good stuff.

I can't wait for his next live apperance in the finale.
The Elvis/drums/karate-stuff is still the best in all of this.
preacher
Regular

Postby dolphage on 01 Mar 2010, 17:10

I think it's great that he showed a different side of himself. First crying and being sensitive and now making fun of his image as a tough guy. But I think it's going too far. As with everything it's about balance. Pretty soon he's going to be a convincing macho action star again. And those same oneliners that he's making fun of now he's going to have to sell FOR REAL when his next movie comes out.

All action star do this sort of stuff a couple of times a year. They go on SNL or Letterman/Leno/Conan and act silly. It's great! It's perfect, but as a wise man once said : "You never go FULL retard."

Unless DL is planning to make the classic action star to comedy actor switch (and then politics). It's crossed my mind.
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Postby MFS on 01 Mar 2010, 20:55

preacher wrote:I can't wait for his next live apperance in the finale.

I agree, that performance had the perfect balance of self-parody and badass-ness, hope we're getting something similar in the finale. 8)
MFS

Postby Jox on 02 Mar 2010, 17:27

Here's the entire show from February 6th (1h29mins)
http://svtplay.se/v/1879051/melodifesti ... ltavling_1

Skits bloopers with Dolph and Christne Meltzer's commentary
http://svtplay.se/v/1908587/melodifesti ... _christine

B-roll (behind the scenes footage)
http://svtplay.se/v/1908593/melodifesti ... a_dans_har
Jox
Site Admin

Postby evegotbet on 03 Mar 2010, 09:25

wowwwwwwwwwwwwwww! okay.
Thank you MFS for translating.

[ABUSIVE COMMENT DELETED BY MODERATORS]

i watched the 'Melodifestivalen' show. and the winner iiiiiisssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss:
Doooooooooooollllllllllllllllllllllllllppppppppppppphhhhhhhhhhhhh Lundgrennnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn :D .
i liked that, that blond kid won - Svensson - "Unstoppable". and guess who introduced him? Dolph. isn't that funny? the only person Dolph introduces - won. makes you think.
the energy. i can see that he is having so much fun on stage. the music is awesome, it makes u want to get up and dance. that blond kid won. i am happy. the song is great. he is also cute :lol: . if i can get alllllll the blond guys for myself i would. oh well i can't. i already have my blond Jerry.
good stuff.
out of all the girls, i liked Linda Pritchard, and Jessica Andersson.
the behind the scenes skit with Dolph is also good. Thank you.
[ABUSIVE COMMENT DELETED BY MODERATORS ]
evegotbet

Postby dolphage on 03 Mar 2010, 20:07

evegotbet wrote:[ABUSIVE COMMENT DELETED BY MODERATORS]

Wow, someone is getting better at teh internets!

Let's just hope it WAS an abusive comment .

MFS wrote:
preacher wrote:I can't wait for his next live apperance in the finale.

I agree, that performance had the perfect balance of self-parody and badass-ness, hope we're getting something similar in the finale. 8)

That number was the coolest thing I've ever seen. I hope they come up with something different but equally badass for the finals.
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion