MELODIFESTIVALEN 2010: Swedish Eurovision qualifications

This is a free-for-all discussion area, with no set topic, just anything & everything DOLPH!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Dolph to host Swedish Eurovision Song Contest qualifications

Postby Darling on 04 Mar 2010, 01:51

Hey you,sanctimonious Moderators,
I did read,evegotbets Comments,it was right and there was no reason to deleted!We are all, old engouh,to say our own Opinion! This Forum is a Mad-House: CROWARDLY,IGNORANT and NOT HONEST!!!
I hate here meanwhile and I will say Goobye forever! This is not my World!!!
So Jox,now you can delete my Comment!
Darling
Regular

Postby Jox on 04 Mar 2010, 02:03

I'm sorry but the comments were overboard and we could say, sexually discriminatory, evegotbet was warned before and well whatever we do or don't do there seems to be some complaints about the moderation, so please lets keep it cool, I don't wanna this forum to be a mad house (i can point to you forums which are way worse than here, this is nothing). It was more than not liking Dolph playing gay and if I was gay I would have been very offended by these comments (which again brought religion on the table, which we already discusses as off limits).

Don't be mad Darling, please understand my position, I would have let it go (I let everything go usually because I hate conflicts and all) but I had to do something otherwise there's no point have moderators and then it would be open to chaos and hate/discriminatory/ignorant speeches which can't be allowed even the most liberal (which I am) point of view.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby dolphage on 04 Mar 2010, 03:43

DRAMA! :shock:

Man, I wish I'd read those comments before they were deleted.

I want to distance myself from any gay-bashing going on here. My problem with these skits is just a fear that if DL overdoes it he will start having problems with his credibility as an action star. Nothing against the gays.
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Postby evegotbet on 04 Mar 2010, 08:26

Darling wrote:Hey you,sanctimonious Moderators,
I did read,evegotbets Comments,it was right and there was no reason to deleted!We are all, old engouh,to say our own Opinion! This Forum is a Mad-House: CROWARDLY,IGNORANT and NOT HONEST!!!
I hate here meanwhile and I will say Goobye forever! This is not my World!!!
So Jox,now you can delete my Comment!

nooo, he's just doing his job, let's see where it goes :D, don't take it the wrong way. we do want everyone to be happy, if he did it, it's because there must have been a need for it. i've never felt that Jox was trying to hamper my "fan-ness of Dolph". it's okay. i like the fact that it was in the open that it was deleted, and not "behind closed doors". i take it less personal that way because i don't feel like it's directed at me personally, rather as a rule to try to abide by :? .
evegotbet

Postby Jox on 04 Mar 2010, 11:39

evegotbet wrote:i've never felt that Jox was trying to hamper my "fan-ness of Dolph". it's okay. i like the fact that it was in the open that it was deleted, and not "behind closed doors". i take it less personal that way because i don't feel like it's directed at me personally, rather as a rule to try to abide by :? .

Exactly evegotbet, you got me, right on!
Jox
Site Admin

Postby dolphage on 04 Mar 2010, 15:29

Jox wrote:
evegotbet wrote:i've never felt that Jox was trying to hamper my "fan-ness of Dolph". it's okay. i like the fact that it was in the open that it was deleted, and not "behind closed doors". i take it less personal that way because i don't feel like it's directed at me personally, rather as a rule to try to abide by :? .

Exactly evegotbet, you got me, right on!

Internet romance. Beautiful. Name one of your kids after me (my real name is Adolf) (haha?)
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Postby Jox on 05 Mar 2010, 13:36

OK back to topic:

When is the finale supposed to be, isn't it tomorrow? Swedes?
Jox
Site Admin

Postby preacher on 05 Mar 2010, 17:04

When is the finale supposed to be, isn't it tomorrow? Swedes?

Actually... tomorrow is the rather pointless "Andra chansen" (The second chance) where the songs who ended in third and fourth place in each weeks show face off in a second chance to reach the finale... which is next week.
They milk this thing for everything it's worth... any way.

My guess is that tomorrow we get the last part of the skits where Dolph finally gives up after yet another failure. Only to return LIVE in the finale and save the day.
preacher
Regular

Postby Mosquito on 06 Mar 2010, 12:33

dolphage wrote: (my real name is Adolf) (haha?)

Looking for the next off-limits topic, J? ;)
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby dolphage on 06 Mar 2010, 15:05

Mosquito wrote:
dolphage wrote: (my real name is Adolf) (haha?)

Looking for the next off-limits topic, J? ;)

The joke was more that you promise to name your child after someone and their name turns out to be... the least popular name in the world. That would suck.

The name Adolf can hardly be "off-limits", though.

Also, discussions about WW2 in general are maybe "OFF-TOPIC, but "OFF-LIMITS"? That's a little too much censorship even for this forum. There are several people on this forum, intelligent and educated enough to discuss controversial topics in a mature way. (I am not one of them, but they exist :| )

"J"? You're not going to reveal that my real name is "James" are you? That would be terrible. What kind of name for a Swedish guy is James anyway? Something's not right here...
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Postby Mosquito on 06 Mar 2010, 16:17

dolphage wrote:"J"? You're not going to reveal that my real name is "James" are you? That would be terrible. What kind of name for a Swedish guy is James anyway? Something's not right here...

Oh sorry, I forgot that it's Adolph. ;)
Mosquito
Site Admin

Re: Dolph to host Swedish Eurovision Song Contest qualificat

Postby MFS on 07 Mar 2010, 01:26

To those of you who are either non-swedes or swedes who doesn't watch Melodifestivalen, I can tell you that Dolph did another skit tonight where he actually got to do a fight scene! He beat up two guys and and "snömulade" one of them, don't know the proper translation for that term, but he sort of like pushed snow into the guy's face. :lol: Then another guy tried to attack him from behind, but suddenly Dolph turned around and went all "Dragonball Z" on him by doing this "kamehameha" move on the guy while screaming loudly, :lol: making his opponent fall to the ground. It was cool, in a weird way. Wish I could find a link to the skit ... oh wait, here:

If any non-swedes wants to know what they're talking about, it's basically this: Dolph ponders the questions regarding the "threat against Melodifestivalen", and feels ashamed that he has been unsuccessful thus far (the guy in the car calls him a disgrace), and the papers headlines says basically the same. So he goes to a prison for "Old Schlager Ladies" to interrogate the dance band singer Kikki Danielsson, who gives him alot of kryptic information, surprisingly enough for him to find out who is behind the threat. Which will be revealed in the finale, of course. :wink:
Last edited by MFS on 07 Mar 2010, 17:30, edited 1 time in total.
MFS

Postby dolphage on 07 Mar 2010, 02:35

This skit was great!

There was even a reference to the classic Swedish clip "skogsturken" - "vem va de som kasta?!" Awesome! Mostly, it's a parody of Silence Of The Lambs though. Good stuff. And nice to see Dolph out of womens clothing (for once) (just kidding) (but not really).
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion