MELODIFESTIVALEN 2010: Swedish Eurovision qualifications

This is a free-for-all discussion area, with no set topic, just anything & everything DOLPH!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Dolph to host Swedish Eurovision Song Contest qualifications

Postby Luigi on 06 Feb 2010, 21:17

My friend is at the arena and during the rehearsals, Dolph went down a storm! The crowd loved him! I won't say what he did as I don't want to spoil it for those who are going to watch it tonight. But you will be surprised!

Well anyhow, for those who can't watch swedish television, you can watch the contest live at this web player:
http://svtplay.se/v/1866883/deltavling_1

Go Dolph!
Luigi

Postby Mosquito on 06 Feb 2010, 22:56

Watching it right now. Fortunately most of the artists are really good. And it's like many movies where Dolph doesn't play the lead role: he doesn't get enough screen time. Plus, I could really use subtitles. ;)

PS: That female host is very sympathetic even though I don't understand her. I also like her funny hair. :mrgreen:

Could someone please write a summary of this one here?
http://svtplay.se/v/1835006/melodifestivalen/kick_off_pa_melodifestivalen__del_ii?sb,k123635,4,f,-1
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby dolphage on 06 Feb 2010, 23:39

Dolph OWNED the whole thing from start to finish. His grand finale was insane. Singing Elvis, playing drums, breaking boards and blocks of ice. My brain just melted from awesomeness overload.
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Postby Mosquito on 06 Feb 2010, 23:46

Plus the fact that he got voted as the best performer... I guess that wasn't in the script!

BTW: Is there a transcript of this one somewhere?
http://svtplay.se/v/1823921/melodifestivalen/dolph_lundgren_i_skavlan?sb,k123635,5,f,-1
It sounds really interesting... at least from the intonation because obviously I didn't understand anything but "Sylvester Stallone, Bruce Willis, Jet Li, Jason Statham".
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Krom on 07 Feb 2010, 13:56

One of the best Dolph moments ever! 8)
TheArnoldfans.com
Krom
Regular

Postby Nathan on 07 Feb 2010, 16:32

Hahahahahahahahahahaha, just saw this on youtube, when Dolph started singing Elvis I couldn't stop laughing, I had a smile on my face for hours after haha, that was really hillarious. Dolph is a great entertainer and if the script is right he should certainly do a comedy. Fantastic!!
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Postby MikeR on 07 Feb 2010, 20:59

Can't we just cut to the chase and have that as Sweden's entry to Eurovision? It's a douze pointer from the UK jury.

Mike.
MikeR

Postby Luigi on 07 Feb 2010, 21:03

MikeR wrote:Can't we just cut to the chase and have that as Sweden's entry to Eurovision? It's a douze pointer from the UK jury.

Mike.

A lot of people in Sweden think that we should send Dolph to Eurovision and just ignore the fact that there are four more weeks before the winner is announced!
Luigi

Re: Dolph to host Swedish Eurovision Song Contest qualificat

Postby Jox on 09 Feb 2010, 00:46

What can I say, I didn't expect something this big!!! I couldn't be there to watch the whole show live unfortunately but that was AWESOME! Dolph is probably the only artist to have ever done that in one performance (singing, dancing, drumming and ice breaking)!! 8)

Tameshiwari (breaking) preparation footage and interview
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 09 Feb 2010, 01:26

http://www.thelocal.se/24864/20100208/
Saturday's Melodifestivalen heat was watched by almost three million Swedes as Eurovision fever gripped the country once again.

The flamboyant singing and dancing fest was a clear winner in last week's television audience ratings, beating Antikrundan -- the Swedish version of the Antiques Roadshow -- into second place on 2.1 million.

While state broadcaster Sveriges Television will be enjoying the glow that the guaranteed ratings success brings, the viewing figures were in fact down 300,000 on the first heat in 2009, the lowest figures since 2002.

On stage the audience were treated to an all action show by Hollywood actor and co-host Dolph Lundgren who performed a rendition of Elvis Presley's A Little Less Conversation.

For small country like Sweden 3 millions is HUGE! (and Dolph's routine clip did more than 60,000 views on Youtube in less than 48 hours, D-U and CP sites also had rocking hits)
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Warchild on 09 Feb 2010, 04:46

This will be a memorable moment, Dolph was just awesome, he just plays it so cool and smooth, good he did this :D
Warchild
Regular

Postby lhz on 09 Feb 2010, 12:28

Seriously, when I see what he does during this Eurovision, I'm very proud of my favourite actor. This guy is versatile, all what he want to do he success each time.
Dolph is the man 8)
lhz

Postby Jox on 09 Feb 2010, 13:34

dolphage correct me if I'm wrong but I read this is what Dolph says before his number: "I'll take care of this. It's too much talk and not enough action here!"

Rumors are that Dolph may have got Stallone to be involved in either some skits or maybe the final (which is when he'll appear on the show again).

I thought this would remain known only in Sweden but it's going crazy on the net all over, and better: people don't make fun of him like I was afraid they would!

This awesome publicity, I can't believe what keeps growing bigger and bigger in the past five years!

http://www.rexusa.com/set/638978
Image Image Image
Jox
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion