Forum Nacka

This is a free-for-all discussion area, with no set topic, just anything & everything DOLPH!

Moderator: Moderators

Forum Nacka

Postby Jox on 20 Mar 2010, 21:00

Jox
Site Admin

Re: Forum Nacka

Postby Darling on 22 Mar 2010, 02:27

Here a nice cool Clip Dolph in Forum Nacka
http://www.aftonbladet.se/webbtv/noje/article6814114.ab
Darling
Regular

Postby Darling on 25 Mar 2010, 17:07

Here is the full Interview in Forum Nacka.I need a Translater,please,thanks
http://finest.se/articles/article.php?aid=5680
Darling
Regular

Postby Jox on 25 Mar 2010, 21:25

Great interview, thanks Darling!
Jox
Site Admin

Postby evegotbet on 25 Mar 2010, 22:46

Jox wrote:Image

how about another one "To me" :D . Dolph, get some rest. u look soooo tired. GOD bless :D .
evegotbet

Postby evegotbet on 25 Mar 2010, 22:53

Darling wrote:I need a Translater,please,thanks

MFS is on strike. he's demanding a raise :lol: .
evegotbet

Postby MFS on 26 Mar 2010, 00:28

evegotbet wrote:
Darling wrote:I need a Translater,please,thanks

MFS is on strike. he's demanding a raise :lol: .

It feels good to be needed :wink: It'll give you all the "essential parts", sorry any for grammatical and spelling errors but like always, I'm in a bit of a hurry:

Dolph says that he accepted the offer to host Melodifestivalen pretty quickly, although he had to work out his schedule first. He didn't have to be persuaded when dressing up as a "gay man in leather" and as a little girl in the skits, since he thought is kinda funny, and because it was contrary to the "popular image" of him, describing it as "showing more dimensions of himself, more nuance, something a bit charming" and "that you can't always be the guy going around with a machinegun, although I'm fine with that too." He is happy about the positive media attention here in Sweden, and has realized that the role of a showman suits him well, since it's more based on personality, opposed to acting which is more "technical." When asked if he would consider Broadway, he laughs and says "maybe."

He talks about his "sommarpratande", a show he did on swedish radio, where he, among other things, talked about being beaten by his father as a small child (I did not know that :shock: ). He says he was approached to do he show without knowing how big it was in Sweden, and worked on it in Los Angeles with a swedish producer. He knew he wanted to talk about his life and that it would be quite personal, stuff that happened before he got famous. He hesitated at first when writing about his father, but the producer encouraged him to continue and so he did. It felt right, he says. The reactions he got were very positive, one old lady had said to him that "she didn't wanted to listen to him when he was on radio (predjuice), but she had been out driving and tuned in anyway, suddenly stopping the car to just sit there and listen to the whole show", which Dolph found very touching. He describes his relationship with Anette, that they both have "their own lifes", that they don't need to keep track of each other all the time, that you have to have individual interests. You can't also just love someone, you have to be best friends too, he says, though he admits that Anette can irritated with him working too much (and working out too much :lol: ), but he has gotten better at balancing his personal life with his career. He says that he has alot of fun with his daughters, that they have started to appreciate him more when they have gotten older, which he claims -jokingly - has to do with him giving them money and buying them gifts. He doesn't think he'll have any more children, unless he adopts.

He likes directing, which he describes as a "very different experience compared to acting", working more with the technical parts, and music. He would like to do something more "dramatic" in the future, maybe a comedy or a thriller, and is currently considering something of the sort. When asked if he gets fewer offers because of his age, he says that he hasn't noticed. He then describes the current Hollywood as only producing either tiny-budget or massive-budget movies. He strives to be a part of the 100-million-dollar-movies, which he seems to think is a process going well, partly because of The Expendables. He is asked about how he spends time with Stallone, and says that it's not often they have time to meet, but they eat dinner together sometimes, and talks about old times, training and weapons (!). He calls Stallone a "mentor", and that "I'm doing the same as he is, but on a smaller scale." He says that Stallone is very funny and charming in real life, which he doesn't think is all that obvious based on his movies.

He says he is good at playing bad guys and that people likes that, especially in Sweden for some reason, and while it's been a while since last time, he'd love to play one again. When asked why he thinks he has been so succesful in Hollywood, he answers "right time and place, plus I never give up, I work hard. Then of course you have to have some sort of carisma, something people like. So I guess it's a combination of talent, hard work and carisma. Also, when directing, you have more control over your career and can be taken more seriously in your profession." He doesn't think he will become a politician like Arnold, but says that "when you start out in this business you do everything for your own sake, then for your fans and then finally for your family. When you get to my age, you start to think about doing something for others, like your country, your community, your fellow men. It would feel good to do something for someone else, to inspire and help others. Something like that would be fun ..."

The interviewer then suggest crimefighting, to which Dolph replies: Sure, just give me a large baseballbat. 8)
Last edited by MFS on 26 Mar 2010, 02:26, edited 1 time in total.
MFS

Postby irma_gedden on 26 Mar 2010, 00:41

Thanks for translating--that was a good interview
irma_gedden

Postby Darling on 26 Mar 2010, 00:58

Thanks a lot my "Dear Translater"
Darling
Regular

Postby MFS on 26 Mar 2010, 02:39