Will Dolph go home to Sweden????

This is a free-for-all discussion area, with no set topic, just anything & everything DOLPH!

Moderator: Moderators

Will Dolph go home to Sweden????

Postby Darling on 23 Mar 2010, 02:21

He Swedish Fans is it possible that some one you translate this Article?????? Thanks!
http//www.fyens.dk/article/1563208:Spot-Light--Dolph-Lundgren-vil-hjem-til-Sverige
Darling
Regular

Re: Will Dolph go home to Sweden????

Postby MFS on 23 Mar 2010, 13:16

Darling wrote:He Swedish Fans is it possible that some one you translate this Article?????? Thanks!
http//www.fyens.dk/article/1563208:Spot-Light--Dolph-Lundgren-vil-hjem-til-Sverige

Well I believe this is in danish, which I could translate, but I'll make it a bit easier for me by translating this swedish article :wink: , which I think is the same interview:

http://nyheter24.se/noje/kandisar/33435 ... angtar-hem

According to this, Dolph is hoping to move to Sweden (!) in a few years with his family, to start working in swedish television and cinema. He has already been given several "secret offers", and after his success in Melodifestivalen, SVT (Swedish Television) has expressed interest in continuing their work with Dolph. He says that he is looking for a project that is "big and popular." Besides television, he would love to star in a swedish film, but claims that he wants to try something that is not action and require him to play "macho", like a romantic comedy.

Well, obviously I think it's great that Dolph wants to work here in Sweden, although I must say I'm surprised that he is actually considering to move here. He seems to have gotten a taste for television, wonder if he's looking to star in an actual series, or does he want to host a show, perhaps? The only thing that is a little concerning is the fact that article says he is interested in a romantic comedy - while I don't thats automatically bad or anything, it's just that swedish comedies tend to ... well, suck. And especially the "romantic" ones. Romantic comedies in general, swedish or not, tend to suck. As long as he's not planning on giving up on the action genre completely, though, I guess it's okay he gets to "experiment" a little. In fact, I would be more excited to see him act in a drama or something of the like, that would be interesting.

Another thing they mention in the article is that he is currently having "two big Hollywood parts and two directing jobs in the near future." I'm assuming The Expendables is one of the Hollywood parts, but what could the second one be? :D
MFS

Postby Jox on 23 Mar 2010, 13:32

I think right now he's interested and looking at a lot of different options so he's thinking it through, although I'm not sure anything is gonna happen before a while. As far as TV series and his international career is concerned Dolph told me earlier this year that he was starting to develop a pilot for an action comedy TV series (for Spike TV) with a "Magnum PI" type of character...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Tom on 23 Mar 2010, 14:04

Dolph with a big moustache!
Tom
Regular

Postby MFS on 23 Mar 2010, 14:24

Jox wrote:I think right now he's interested and looking at a lot of different options so he's thinking it through, although I'm not sure anything is gonna happen before a while. As far as TV series and his international career is concerned Dolph told me earlier this year that he was starting to develop a pilot for an action comedy TV series (for Spike TV) with a "Magnum PI" type of character...

Yeah, nothing is set in stone, obviously. He could've just been thinking out loud during the interview, or he could change his mind, depending on future circumstances. Like the article states, it's still years away, atleast his plans on moving to Sweden. Still, the likely prospect of him working in swedish television or cinema, regardless if he moves here or not, sounds very exciting to me. :)

And an action comedy TV series sounds just as exciting! Hopefully it's some good, badass material, and that the pilot gets "picked up", or whatever the term is when an american network orders a series. :wink:
MFS

Postby Darling on 23 Mar 2010, 14:51

Thanks a lot for translate, MFS.I knew it was a danish Article,but I thought the swedish and danish Language are a little bit similar.
My Opinion is,Dolph is not the right Man for a romantic Comedy,Action Comedy is OK.
For me, Dolph is a nice Macho-Man :wink: ,he looks like one and I love it! :wink:
I don`t like Softies,sorry :roll:
I hope he will stay in L.A. to shoot good Action Movies and he will go to Sweden just for some good Roles :D
Darling
Regular

Postby evegotbet on 25 Mar 2010, 22:23

Wow :!: . a romantic comedy is great. a romantic, comedy, and action is best best best. Dolph is German, although he was born in Sweden. Dolph, how come u don't move to Germany :?: . i would like to visit Germany one day, with my German Jerry i feel safe :mrgreen: . u go Dolph. sheesh, i hope u don't step on ur wife's toes while making the romantic part of the comedy. otherwise that will give me another reason to want to kick ur butt. :D . one day hopefully, if i get to see u in person. and, oh thank u MFS for translating :D - u should be on the payroll :lol: .
evegotbet

Return to General Discussion