PRESS / MAGAZINES

This is a free-for-all discussion area, with no set topic, just anything & everything DOLPH!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Sport Guiden (Swedish mag Sept 08)

Postby preacher on 25 Jul 2009, 12:17

Hehe.
Did'nt even know that mag. existed.
How about you dolphage; are you a subscriber of Sport Guiden?

Nice pics.
preacher
Regular

Postby dolphage on 25 Jul 2009, 12:29

Are there more pages to this story? If not, I don't think they inteviewed him for it, but rather rewrote some internet pieces. And that big quote in the middle of the text that says: "I think I've got a scar from every movie I've ever been in." is not in the actual article.

It also says that either Dolph, Seagal or JCVD star in 13 out the 16 Sony Home Pictures releases. Is/was that true?

The headline is: "Sweden's fittest Hollywood Star". That's a little limiting. He'd only, really, be competing with Stellan Skarsgård and Peter Stormare (you know, the Hollywood go-to guys for crazy/eccentric russian/german terrorists/scientists).

Preacher, I am not a subscriber. I've never heard of it. The "retro" logo makes it look like the sort of thing you find in a box in you fathers basement.
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Postby preacher on 26 Jul 2009, 04:37

The "retro" logo makes it look like the sort of thing you find in a box in you fathers basement.

Exactly :D
preacher
Regular

Re: July's IMPACT issue

Postby Jox on 27 Jul 2009, 09:16

Got the magazine, the 2-pages article makes good mentions of the teaser (for which I got the idea shall I remind you!), the Dolph-ultimate and CP sites...
Jox
Site Admin

Re: July's IMPACT issue

Postby algren on 28 Sep 2009, 00:09

Impact was my salvation when Sly had his wilderness years. Go impact :D
algren

Dolph in IMPACT UK

Postby Jox on 27 Jan 2010, 14:09

"Ten reasons to love... Lundgren" (in this Feb's IMPACT!)
http://www.impactmoviemagazine.co.uk/th ... ?issue=218
Mike Leeder delves into the archives of ‘80s action cinema to look at one of its biggest stars...Dolph Lundgren...and gives you ten reasons why you should love this man... if you don’t already!
Jox
Site Admin

Re: "Ten reasons to love... Lundgren" (in this Feb's IMPACT!)

Postby evegotbet on 28 Jan 2010, 09:41

because he is:
sexy
handsome
tall
blond
kind
talented
funny
sensitive
unique
and attractive
:D
evegotbet

Re: "Ten reasons to love... Lundgren" (in this Feb's IMPACT!)

Postby lhz on 15 Feb 2010, 20:26

I've received today the Feb's IMPACT.

The document is very interesting, it talks about the Dolph's movies with the best and famous quotes in this films but no news about his current career, just a little thing about COMMAND PERFORMANCE.
But don't panic, this article is good and it's awesome to see a magazine like IMPACT which talk about Dolph :D

I took some photos for the people who don't have the opportunity to buy the magazine.
I'm sorry for the poor quality of the images but the article's photos is take to my camera, I can't scan it for the moment :(

lhz

In French IMPACT

Postby Jox on 13 Apr 2010, 20:35

Interview in French IMPACT! Finally the promised retrospective interview from the revived French IMPACT (not the same as the UK one, and older initially)! 8)
April 2010 issue to come out in the next few days... Can be ordered here:
http://www.journaux.fr/recherche.php?re ... +la+presse
Jox
Site Admin

Re: Interview in French IMPACT!

Postby bomaz on 16 Apr 2010, 11:37

Well, the interview is nice. No real big news (excepting one :mrgreen: ). Some translations mistakes ("conan is being filmed in bulgaria, where the expendables was filmed") but still interesting. Nice to see some good coverages.
bomaz

Postby Jox on 16 Apr 2010, 13:56

Yeah really good interview, consistent (6 pages) and covering Dolph's career in a broad range of points! Dolph replies with a good dose of his characteristic honesty, humbleness, and humor ("a comedy with Dolph LUndgren and Joe Pesci would be fun!" "we kill them all" [about short people in Sweden])...

We learn that, in the aborted "DIE-HARD in a nuclear power plant", MELTDOWN (by John Dahl, and scripted by John Carpenter), he had cancer because of radiations but had to help his girlfriend stuck in there... He and Michael Jai White (both Kyokushin karatekas) might do something together someday... Could be a bad guy for COMMAND PERFORMANCE 2 and leave the hero to a bigger lead?

I just wish there was more photos about his recent projects like CP and ICARUS (this one isn't even mentioned) apart from the EXPENDABLES set photo.
Some translations mistakes ("conan is being filmed in bulgaria, where the expendables was filmed")

Yeah he probably meant it was made by the same studio... I noticed one or two other mistakes but no big deal.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby bomaz on 16 Apr 2010, 14:52

Jox wrote:Yeah really good interview, consistent (6 pages) and covering Dolph's career in a broad range of points! Dolph replies with a good dose of his characteristic honesty, humbleness, and humor ("a comedy with Dolph LUndgren and Joe Pesci would be fun!" "we kill them all" [about short people in Sweden])...

We learn that, in the aborted "DIE-HARD in a nuclear power plant", MELTDOWN (by John Dahl, and scripted by John Carpenter), he had cancer because of radiations but had to help his girlfriend stuck in there... He and Michael Jai White (both Kyokushin karatekas) might do something together someday... Could be a bad guy for COMMAND PERFORMANCE 2 and leave the hero to a bigger lead?

I just wish there was more photos about his recent projects like CP and ICARUS (this one isn't even mentioned) apart from the EXPENDABLES set photo.
Some translations mistakes ("conan is being filmed in bulgaria, where the expendables was filmed")

Yeah he probably meant it was made by the same studio... I noticed one or two other mistakes but no big deal.

I guess the writer (Rurik Sallé) have a real respect for Dolph, because he had mentionned him from times to times, saying he finds dolph impressive.
bomaz

Postby Tom on 17 Apr 2010, 13:36

I'd love Dolph to work with Michael Jai White, the guy's also awesome. Black Dynamite and Blood And Bone were both excellent.
Tom
Regular

On the cover of men's fashion mag "Safari" (Japan)

Postby Jox on 31 May 2010, 14:59

http://hinode.co.jp/magazines/safari/

(thanks to Hanako from StalloneZone for the heads up!)
Jox
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion