PRESS / MAGAZINES

This is a free-for-all discussion area, with no set topic, just anything & everything DOLPH!

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Mosquito on 20 Feb 2008, 22:59

Thanks a lot! :D
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Travis on 10 Mar 2008, 03:57

great interview
Travis
Regular

Postby viendammage on 10 Mar 2008, 17:53

Hope the bit about re-releasing Maximum Potential is true, had it on VHS, a solid workout, let a friend's friend borrow it, who returned the case with a different tape inside!
viendammage

Dolph in INSIDE KUNG FU!

Postby Jox on 16 May 2008, 12:58

June 08 issue
http://www.insidekung-fu.com/content/view/88/
Man on a Mission
Writing, directing, acting, karate, meditating ... chemical engineering? Dolph Lundgren is one star who's done it all.
By Wade Barker

Gotta get my hand on this one, and I hope there's some good coverage on karate and martial arts...

You can order it here
http://www.up-publications.com/BackIssu ... px?PNO=KFI
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Mosquito on 16 May 2008, 19:03

Bye the way (sorry for OT): Does anyone else think that

- Jackie Chan's wig is horrible?
- it is a catastrophe that the first movie with the two martial arts gods Chan and Li is ruined by a weirdo kid with a horrible nerdy and pimpled aura?
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 16 May 2008, 19:10

totally. I won't see this movie, this is stupid
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 28 May 2008, 23:44

I got the hard copy: nothing we haven't heard and the interview is not fully transcripted, but it's just nice to have a full 4-pages Dolph article in a printed magazine (especially a martial arts one, MA mags overlooked Dolph too often in favor of Van Damme, Seagal and the likes of course)
Jox
Site Admin

Mitt Los Angeles [Swedish]

Postby Jox on 15 Jul 2008, 10:20

http://www.dn.se/DNet/jsp/polopoly.jsp?d=1063&a=803675

http://www.dn.se/DNet/jsp/polopoly.jsp?d=3282&a=803706

If I understand correctly he's looking to buy an apartment in West Hollywood in which Bette Davis lived.

Google translation:

My Los Angeles
It is 25 years since the actor Dolph Lundgren visited Los Angeles for the first time. "I was here with my then girlfriend Grace Jones, in the days when I was her 'toy boy'," he says, and laughs at the memory. Now, he has made the city their own. Here he takes us to his Los Angeles.

Dolph Lundgren

Born: 3 november 1957.
Family: Wife Anette Qviberg, daughters Ida, 12 and Greta, 7.
Current: As sommarpratare Saturday, July 19. Will talk about their journey from Finland in Ångermanland to Sydney, New York, Los Angeles and London.
Career: 35 feature films. Medverkar right now in the action film "Command performance" as writer, director, leading players and drummer.
Best film: "Rocky IV".
Lives: Pendle since a quarter of a century between Marbella in Spain and London. Soon back to Los Angeles.

V of the meet at The Palm, a classic Hollywoodhak with roots
in the 20-century New York.

The walls are filled with karikatyrporträtt of yesterday's celebrities, updated with today's elite.

-- Only regulars depicted, guaranteeing manager Cedric Castro.

Dolph Lundgren (no picture yet) from sliding into the booth, which normally belonging to Adam Sandler, a window next to Ben Stillers and Larry King respective tables.

-- Here is where celebrities to be left alone if they want, "says Castro. And papparazzifotograferna stays at the appropriate distance, in spite of the famous guests, then another manager went up on the roof and threw buckets of water over the photographers.

The corresponding peace does not exist at The Ivy on Robertson Boulevard, a half block south of Beverly Boulevard on the border of Beverly Hills. Hit go if you want to appear or take a look at celebrities. The characteristic white trästaketet as the outdoor enclosure is almost as famous as Hollywood Sign of the mountain. You've seen it
in magazines, television series and feature films. Paparazzifotograferna is that fastvuxna outside and before Lundgren completed their Arnold Palmer (equal parts of lard and citronläsk) is the images on the Swedish actionhjälten utkablade over the world.

It is 23 years since Dolph Lundgren penetrated by Captain Ivan Drago, against Sylvester Stallone,
in "Rocky IV".

-- It is the best film I have done.

Few people in his own age can name a single other movie that the actor dealt; But he is recognized. Everywhere. Most are young guys, who have seen any of his later actionrullar, which will appear.

-- Dolph Lundgren? "Missionary Man"? Will I be able to take a picture?

The Swede bredaxlade pose patiently in front of camera phones and turistkameror.

-- It is when people will no longer presented as Monday to begin to be worried, think he is.

Los Angeles is otherwise the city where Dolph Lundgren may be most at peace "for people walking so little".

-- I think that Los Angeles is a unique and exciting city. It is much more American than New York, and is the future in any way. What is happening here is coming soon to the rest of the world.

He mentions surfing, rollerskating, skateboarding and mixed kampstilar.

-- Even if it starts anywhere else, which rapmusiken in New York, it's Los Angeles that makes it commercial.

Dolph lived in Los Angeles nine years at a stretch, from "Rocky IV" 1985 onwards. His first apartment in Venice Beach, were at the beach - over a parking lot where it was sold drugs at night. He imagined that someone could jump from the balcony.

-- My first purchase was a shotgun and the other a 357 Magnum, he says.

He never needed to use the right weapons, their skjutglädje he may instead outlet for when he is playing in action movies. And when he returns to Venice Beach near a kvartsekel later, it is to enjoy the Pacific. Looks apartment does he do in a completely different part of the city - West Hollywood, between Beverly Hills and Hollywood.

-- It is true konstnärskvarter within walking distance of Sunset Boulevard, clubs and an exciting nightlife. I like that there are many gay who live here and I love the old colonial style.

In particular, he is fond of the house, just south of Sunset, in which Bette Davis had his paradvåning until 1989, when she died.

-- I rented the apartment for many years ago. It was absolutely fantastic.

Now he hopes to buy an apartment in the same house.

-- This is the city to live in if you are in the film. I do not want my children to grow up here, but I take them happy here on a visit.

Diana Ljungaeus

Jox
Site Admin

Postby viendammage on 15 Jul 2008, 21:59

Nice find. Business must be picking up if Dolph's thinking about relocating semi-permanently to Los Angeles. I think he could definitely segue into directing and just cameoing in films instead of keeping up the one man shows. Also impressed he can still do the full split!
viendammage

Postby Mosquito on 16 Jul 2008, 20:49

I wonder what his plans are because after years of silence, suddenly the web is flooded with interviews from all over the world. He must be on a big PR tour. Good for us fans of course. ;-)
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 20 Jul 2008, 11:50

Thanks to Lars!

Jox
Site Admin

Dolph and Sly get sparring (Metro article)

Postby Jox on 19 Aug 2008, 11:55

http://www.metro.co.uk/metrolife/films/ ... page_id=27

No, Dolph won't trade movies for politics but he won't be Captain America either.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Craigie-Boy on 28 Aug 2008, 02:45

I just can't picture Dolph in the Captain America role. He's too large in terms of his physique to play that part.

Now Thor, on the other hand...
Craigie-Boy
Regular

Postby Travis on 28 Aug 2008, 23:25

What a great little story.

Good to know Dolph and Sly are still friends.
Travis
Regular

My pen pal, Dolph (from Outside GO)

Postby Jox on 03 Sep 2008, 23:51

this was published a few months ago
http://outsidegocms.com/index.php?optio ... Itemid=338

So there I was, ready to pen some personal reminiscences about deportation, when not one, not two, but three postcards arrived from Bulgaria. And they weren’t sent from one of our readers rotting in a Sofia prison; they were from Swedish actor and director Dolph Lundgren. For those of you poor souls unfamiliar with his oeuvre, Mr. Lundgren, who got his start in Rocky IV as the Soviet superman, Ivan Drago, is one of action film’s luminaries.

The postcards were charming in their earnest, Soviet-era positivism, so I decided to track down Dolph for a chat. I found him in Los Angeles, where he’d just returned from filming the action-packed Direct Contact in Sofia. He was on his way to his home in Marbella, Spain, before returning to Sofia to direct another thriller, called Command Performance. We chatted about his movies and the economic advantages of filming in Bulgaria, and he remarked about what attracted him to that country. “It isn’t so developed, and it’s a little bit of an adventure,” he explained. “Streets aren’t neatly laid out. You see a lot of old buildings, little old gardens, and wooden fences from the thirties, and you get a feeling of prewar Europe.”

Jox
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion