FIT FOREVER / TRAIN LIKE AN ACTION HERO book

This is a free-for-all discussion area, with no set topic, just anything & everything DOLPH!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: FIT FOREVER: fitness book (out now in Sweden) !!!

Postby aida on 12 Nov 2011, 17:59

Hello! Not tell whether a book of Mr. Lundgren in Russian?
aida

Postby Jox on 12 Nov 2011, 22:45

Let's way for an English edition first and see if it does get translated into other languages ;)

Not sure this blog entry, from Dolph himself, has been posted before:
http://www.adlibris.com/se/promotion2.a ... sdag_dolph
Ta Dolphs råd: en träningsfri vecka!

Så här på senhösten har du förhoppningsvis kört järnet både i gymet och i spåret i ett par månader efter sommaruppehållet Börjar du månne känna dig lite sliten? Verkar träningen liksom mer och mer enformig? Kanske har gymbesöken blivit ett måste? Dags för en återhamtningsvecka!
Jag brukar lägga in en sådan ungerfär varannan månad. Efter 7 veckors regelbunden träning tar jag 7 dagar ledigt. Varför inte lägga in den till Fars Dag? Barnen uppskattar ju mest när man tillbringar tid med dem och gör "kul grejer". När jag tänker tillbaka själv så var det just de stunderna man minns. Särkilt som pappa känner man ofta att jobbet och vardagsbestyren tar så mycket av ens tid.

Vad menar jag då med en återhamtningsvecka?
En hel vecka när du inte får köra något av dina vanliga pass. Endast vila, lätt stretching och njuta av någon form av annorlunda avslappnande träning, t.ex simmning eller yoga. Lägg gärna in en massage eller ett besök hos kiropraktorn. Försök äta gott och se till att du vilar mer än vanligt.

Det viktigt att du "känner av" din kropp i tid och planerar in återhämtningsveckan innan du blir for trött och ökar risken för skador och förslitningar.
Du behöver tid för din kropp att hämta nya krafter, att ge hjärnan en paus från att ständigt planera nästa träningspass. En möjlighet att ta till dig dina hårt vunna träningserfarenheter och få nya ideer. När man ligger på bänkpressen eller står på löpbandet varje dag ar det lätt att hamna i tvångstankar om sin kropp och träning. "Jag måste köra si och så mycket annars blir jag fet och kommer ur form på nolltid".
I verkligheten är det tvärtom: en vältränad fysik behöver ett uppehåll då och då för att du ska komma ur en "platåfas" - inget verkar hända hur mycket du än tränar.
Det är inte alltid helt lätt att ta en vecka ledigt!

För mig brukar dag 3 i veckan vara värst. Jag känner mig seg, klen och plötsligt verkar alla gamla krampor göra sig påminda. Det gäller att bita ihop och inte ta träningsvaskan och sega sig ned på gymet för att träna bort skiten och "må som en människa".
Hitta på något med barnen. Hyr en film eller gå på museum. Lite gammaldags kultur skadar inte som motvikt till allt internetskvaller. Jag försöker ibland få min 10-åriga dotter att uppskatta en av mina favvis-filmer. Ofta blir det tvärtom... Huvudsaken är att man upplevt något speciellt tillsammans.

Dag 5 och 6 i veckan kommer träningssuget som ett brev på posten och när jag går och lägger mig dag 7 så känns det härligt att äntligen få packa träningsväskan. Innan jag slumrar in har nya fräscha träningsideer redan börjat dyka upp på hjärnkontoret. Jag vet att nästa dag kommer att bli en skön upplevelse. Normalt kör jag ett lättare, mera lekfullt första pass. Det funkar alltid: inom 2-3 dagar är farsan tillbaka i "zonen" igen!
"Faster, higher, stronger!"

/DL

Jox
Site Admin

Postby aida on 13 Nov 2011, 09:47

Jox, thank you for your reply.
aida

Postby whiteandblank on 14 Nov 2011, 01:19

i wonder what it says?
Is there an off switch to your mouth?
whiteandblank

Postby Geoff on 28 Nov 2011, 12:47

do we know yet when its going to be translated into English for release?
- Lets be honest. This is just a case to you, to me its more. Much more! and if you try and take this disk I'm going to hit you very, very hard!
Geoff
Regular

Postby whiteandblank on 30 Nov 2011, 19:22

Nothing as far as I know, I can't wait
whiteandblank

Postby Jox on 30 Nov 2011, 20:28

It's gonna take some time, the translation is not done or approved by D yet...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby shooby on 18 Dec 2011, 12:39

cool thread ;)
shooby

Postby Jox on 09 Jan 2012, 14:07

A review in English
http://mixeddoingarts.com/2012/01/09/fi ... en-review/
Fit Forever is the fitness book (for lack of a better term) by action star Dolph Lundgren.

The book is both a training manual and a biography, where the open and self-disclosing stories of his life serve as both a relevant background as well as a motivation to the workout routines.

As far as the physical part goes, it’s pretty much what can be expected. Some general personal advice and examples, some workout programs and some nutritional tips.

What sets the book apart from many others like it, is that it doesn’t assume that the reader will be able to rearrange his life to completely and live by the book’s gospel. It rather tells of how to keep the best routine you can while dealing with all the distractions and intrusions of a busy life.

So my favorite part of the book is the No Excuses workout program. It’s a short intense workout that requires no training tools, and is designed to be performed when you don’t have time to go to the gym. 15 exercises for the whole body in 15 minutes including warm-up. According to Dolph these aren’t just a bunch of standard exercises for the whole body, but an ultimate combo that he has experimented with and worked hard to perfect over many years to get maximum results.

I perform the No Excuses workout several times a week, usually at 6.30 in the morning while my 11-month-old son sits next to me on the floor raking though his toys, enjoying a fresh diaper.

At the time of this writing the book is only available in Swedish, but an international edition is expected in 2012.

Jox
Site Admin

Re: FIT FOREVER: fitness book (out in Sweden) !!!

Postby Jox on 31 Jan 2012, 00:34

The book could hit the shelves in the UK this summer...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Geoff on 31 Jan 2012, 10:57

Jox wrote:The book could hit the shelves in the UK this summer...

AWESOME..... Plus a promo tour??? Best get my sleeping bag out and ready to camp outside the shop!
- Lets be honest. This is just a case to you, to me its more. Much more! and if you try and take this disk I'm going to hit you very, very hard!
Geoff
Regular

Postby whiteandblank on 01 Feb 2012, 01:08

I'm with you too there!
whiteandblank

Postby Dawn on 03 Feb 2012, 15:49

Barnes & Noble is the only bookstores left around here and they have coffee and free Wi-fi. Which means I can sit and wait it out all day if he does a Promo in the US. I'm just happy with the book at this point, but no harm in hoping right? :)
Dolph Aficionado
Dawn
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 13 Feb 2012, 20:19

http://bonniergroupagency.se/Book/Fit-Forever/13826323/
Fit Forever
Train like an action hero, stay fit forever!

Dolph Lundgren is a trained engineer who switched saddles to become a Hollywood actor. In his breakthrough role in Rocky IV he became known for his outstanding physique. And 26 years later, he is just as fit.

In Fit forever he reveals how he keeps so fit. There are training programs, tips and strength exercises which will help you to achieve top form - and to stay there forever. Dolph describes how as a spindly teenager he discovered training - and how it gave him not just a new body but also more self-esteem.

In Fit forever Dolph gives you the tools you need to acquire the body you want and deserve. Something you will benefit from all your life.

From the contents:

1. Briefing: The reason you need for getting fantastic results

2. Mission: Dolph’s thoughts about training and health.

3. Weaponry: The best and most effective strength building exercises.

4. Special ops: To get you into shape even though you are short of time or busy travelling.

5. Fuel: The best food for the best results.

6. Fit forever: How to make sure you stay in shape all your life.

Richly illustrated with personal photos and fantastic recently-taken pictures.

http://www.yourlife.nu/spa/Mental-trani ... -Lundgren/

ImageImage Image Image

http://www.doktorn.com/artikel/yogainsp ... h-lundgren

Image Image

http://sportguiden.com/spg/?p=4101

Jox
Site Admin

Postby Geoff on 08 May 2012, 10:45

Any more news on this at all J?
Geoff
Regular

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion