FIT FOREVER / TRAIN LIKE AN ACTION HERO book

This is a free-for-all discussion area, with no set topic, just anything & everything DOLPH!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: FIT FOREVER / TRAIN LIKE AN ACTION HERO fitness book

Postby Jox on 17 Sep 2014, 09:52

Barnes & Noble Huntington Beach Events
We're hosting internationally renowned action star Dolph Lundgren on Sunday, September 21 at 2pm for a discussion and signing of his new book, DOLPH LUNDGREN: TRAIN LIKE AN ACTION HERO: BE FIT FOREVER. Please check for guidelines, we will have more details soon.

FB event RSVP:
https://www.facebook.com/events/703536666368773/
Dolph Lundgren Discussion and Signing

Sunday, September 21at 2:00pm in PDT

Barnes & Noble Huntington Beach Events
7881 Edinger Ave Suite 110, Huntington Beach, California 92647

Internationally renowned action star, Dolph Lundgren will discuss and sign his new book, DOLPH LUNDGREN: TRAIN LIKE AN ACTION HERO: BE FIT FOREVER. Please call 714.897.8781 for details.

http://www.conventionscene.com/2014/09/ ... ren-signs/
Jox
Site Admin

Postby dolphage on 17 Sep 2014, 14:19

Oh man, I read that as "Dolph Lundgren Disscussion and SINGING" and I got excited! And confused -as to how singing would relate to his fitness book... "A little less conversation, a little more action, please"
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Postby Jox on 17 Sep 2014, 18:55

Haha I almost did the same :lol:
Jox
Site Admin

Postby xclaw on 26 Sep 2014, 06:38

Still waiting for my pre-order to be shipped from Amazon... ugh.

Not a happy Dolph fan right now. :)
xclaw

Postby Travis on 26 Sep 2014, 10:52

It's too bad Dolph didn't do a book like this earlier in his career, like around the time he did Showdown.
At least we have Maximum Potential.
Travis
Regular

Postby Jox on 26 Sep 2014, 14:47

Travis wrote:At least we have Maximum Potential.

And I guess that's why he chose not to publish a book. Plus he was focusing on his film career obviously and writing a book seems much more time consuming than shooting a video (it took almost 15 years to write and finish the book with several renewed attempts and drafts in 1997-1998, 2003, 2006). And he has a lot more experience, knowledge and varied training experiences now than he used to and knows what works and what doesn't, at least for him (when he trained for ROCKY IV, MOTU hence when he made MAXIMUM POTENTIAL he was still learning all that stuff which was fairly knew compared to his karate background).

Viendammage's review
http://www.dammagedgoods.com/2014/09/do ... -star.html
ManlyMovie
http://www.manlymovie.net/2014/09/revie ... dgren.html
Jox
Site Admin

Postby whiteandblank on 02 Oct 2014, 18:10

My copy has arrived today! Yay!
Is there an off switch to your mouth?
whiteandblank

Postby whiteandblank on 06 Oct 2014, 10:45

Well I read it.

I liked the way it was done. Part autobiographical, part fitness it was quite interesting to read. Probably more so if you are a fan of his. He is surprisingly open about his early years, and at times it comes across as quite personal. I could see how some would not like the format, as it doesn't really 'flow' but I liked it.

The workouts are easy to follow and have relatively detailed instructions with colour photographs. He makes it all look pretty simple actually.

I think he is due another book soon. He has lead quite an interesting life and it would be great if people could see this side to him.
whiteandblank

Postby whiteandblank on 27 Oct 2014, 13:14

possible spoilers ahead......

I didn't know he was offering a pro boxing contract, or that he trained at Gleason's gym. he must of had something about him. I suppose they were going to cash on Rocky maybe, or punt him as the next 'white' (hate that) hope.

Also, I didn't know that Richie Gianchetti trained them for Rocky 4, would be interesting to know his thoughts!
whiteandblank

Postby Jox on 29 Nov 2014, 11:49

Dolph Lundgren shares action-hero training secrets
http://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/he ... 276.php#/0
By Betty Luman, November 28, 2014

Most of us don't need to train like an action hero. But we could all stand to be fit.

The new fitness book "Dolph Lundgren: Train Like an Action Hero: Be Fit Forever" (Skyhorse Publishing; 176 pp.; $24.95) shows how to do both, explaining a variety of exercises and demonstrating each with photographs of "The Expendables" star.

The pictures help. How many times have you had a trainer explain how to do an exercise, then forgotten how to do it when you tried it on your own a few days later?

The Swedish native, who was a scrawny boy, divides his advice by body part. For the shoulders, the book includes the "Arnold dumbbell press," which he describes as his action colleague "The Governator" Schwarzenegger's favorite shoulder exercise. You can do the exercise both sitting and standing, but standing requires more balance and engages your core.

http://ww4.hdnux.com/photos/33/36/66/72 ... 6x1436.jpg
Starting position: Hold the dumbbells at shoulder level with the palms of the hands pointing inward. (A shoulder exercise from "Dolph Lundgren: Train Like an Action Hero: Be Fit Forever ")

http://ww2.hdnux.com/photos/33/36/66/72 ... 6x1436.jpg
Jox
Site Admin

Postby shooby on 29 Nov 2014, 12:30

I d'ont remember if ity was ever said, but the book is on the android play store
shooby

Postby Jox on 29 Nov 2014, 13:04

And iTunes, Kindle etc etc... I think all books get release digitally as well now.

In this case, friends told me the digital version doesn't work as well with the pages layout, photos/text etc.
Jox
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion