Top 5 Action Heroes

This is a free-for-all discussion area, with no set topic, just anything & everything DOLPH!

Moderator: Moderators

Postby bomaz on 09 Jun 2004, 21:47

1° - Dolph Lundgren
2° - Scharzzenegger ( :? sorry )
3° -( Gary Daniels
4° - Olivier Gruner
5° - Jet li

Tom Berenger , Kurt Russel , Sly ...
bomaz

Postby Terminator on 13 Jun 2004, 12:26

Oh!!! If you pronounce this word "frainglish"... this sounds freaky... XD
In hope for someone who could replace the real Dolph one day if he's (hopefully not as soon) out of business...
Terminator
Regular

Postby Dawn on 13 Jun 2004, 22:23

I don't know frainglish, or french, but I know Spanish and Spanglish!
Dolph Aficionado
Dawn
Site Admin

Postby shooby on 13 Jun 2004, 22:58

franglish (or franglais in french) is when the french language has gaps in its vocanulary and so when it use english word to fill this gap. example : before there was no word in French to say week end so in french we said week end (j'irais te voir ce week end). Nowadays the word exist and we can say "fin de semaine", but we often keep the english word in the everyday life though we have a french word now. It's a reflex !!!
shooby

Postby Dawn on 14 Jun 2004, 03:49

shooby wrote:franglish (or franglais in french) is when the french language has gaps in its vocanulary and so when it use english word to fill this gap.

I know what franglish is, I just don't know how to speak franglish because I don't know ANY french. I am familiar with the concept of franglish, which is why I mentioned Spanglish, which is spanish mixed with english words. However in Spanglish, they don't use it necessarily because their is not a spanish word to describe something like in english, sometimes they just like mixing the languages for the hell of it. Its created a problem between the younger and older hispanic cultures. Some of the older generations do not like the American influence.
Dolph Aficionado
Dawn
Site Admin

Postby Mosquito on 14 Jun 2004, 12:08

Over here in Germany it has become so bad that many people don't understand advertisements and business people make fun of it. Especially marketing guys are absolutely crazy about english buzzwords. They go to "meetings" with the "business develovement Abteilung (dept.)"

Recently there was a study regarding English taglines in German TV spots and magazine ads. People were asked what those taglines actually meant in German and they got the funniest results. People screwed up the whole message or weren't able to understand anything at all. But still everybody plans to stick with those English taglines because it is "cool".
Funny example:
Biggest perfumery chain: "Come in and find out" - some people understood "come in and find your way out again"

There were many others, quite hilarious what people made of them but unfortunately I don't have that article anymore.
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Terminator on 14 Jun 2004, 20:31

^ LOL... yeah, the "Douglas" Slogan with "Come in and find out"! Whoa!
That is a good example!!
But say, here in Germany almost everybody uses english words... they say "Ne, alta. Heute ma nur abchillen" or things like that. A very "rotten" language, but often funny!
In hope for someone who could replace the real Dolph one day if he's (hopefully not as soon) out of business...
Terminator
Regular

Postby Krom on 14 Jun 2004, 22:42

Guys you impressed me.Almost all of you put Arny in 1st place.Vert realistic.

Mine is:

1.Arnold
2.Dolph
3.Van Damme
4.Stallone
5.Willis
6.Seagal
TheArnoldfans.com
Krom
Regular

Postby Terminator on 15 Jun 2004, 20:55

Oh, Kurt Russel went out of my list... O.o
I liked his hair cut in "Star Gate" (but all in all this was a bad movie...)
and in "Die Klapperschlange", maybe "The Rattle Snake", but I think it was named totally different... lol
Terminator
Regular

Postby Krom on 15 Jun 2004, 20:57

Terminator wrote:Oh, Kurt Russel went out of my list... O.o
and in "Die Klapperschlange", maybe "The Rattle Snake", but I think it was named totally different... lol

Snake...you mean Escape From N.Y. or the sequel Escape From L.A. :wink:
TheArnoldfans.com
Krom
Regular

Postby javi on 15 Jun 2004, 22:05

1) Dolph Lundgren
2) Lorenzo Lamas
3) Casper Van Diem
4) Jeff Speakman
5) Van Damme
javi

Postby shooby on 16 Jun 2004, 10:14

I don't knaw jeff skeakman !?!
shooby

Postby Jox on 16 Jun 2004, 11:18

this is the one who practices the Kenpo martial art, he's most famous for his first movie "The Perfect Weapon" released in 1991 when everyone tried to launch a new Van Damme, he then starred in numerous straight-to-video actioners like "Street Knights", "The Expert" and much more...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Mosquito on 16 Jun 2004, 12:45

Terminator wrote:Oh, Kurt Russel went out of my list... O.o

The original title is Escape From New York.

I think Star Gate is ok but it is clearly a childrens' movie. And I didn't like his haircut. ;-) He has wonderful hair, so why cut it? He is one of the few guys who look better with long hair. In Tequila Sunrise he also had a weird hairdo but that's a very fine movie!
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Terminator on 16 Jun 2004, 21:35

At least I like a flat top like Dolph used to have in Rocky IV...
At the moment I let my hair grow some longer, but for the summer and the pool I prefer like short hair and then I would like to let my barber model a flat top. You know anything about thts hairstyle?... ...
Anyway Star Gate was really made for childeren, lol...
Okay, Escape from N.Y.
There was a freaky guy who had a flat top- like hair style... with long blonde spikes... kindap psycho, maybe you remember...
Terminator
Regular

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion