"Dolph...great guy, but not a martial artist."

This is a free-for-all discussion area, with no set topic, just anything & everything DOLPH!

Moderator: Moderators

"Dolph...great guy, but not a martial artist."

Postby Travis on 17 Oct 2012, 20:33

Just saw an interview with Steven Seagal. He was asked about Hollywood martial artists and tough guys.He was asked about Dolph and he said he is a great guy, but not a real martial artist. When asked about Michael Jai White and JCVD, he said, "Can I laugh in your face?"

So I guess he was pretty generous to Dolph actually.

You can see it here.
http://www.bjpenn.com/video-steven-seag ... -mma-news/
Travis
Regular

Re: "Dolph...great guy, but not a martial artist."

Postby Mosquito on 17 Oct 2012, 22:01

Well I'd like to see him fight Dolph today. Fumbling with fast hands does not stop a deadly high kick I guess.
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby dolphage on 18 Oct 2012, 11:41

The quote says a lot about Segeal, but nothing about Dolph Lundgren.

If you leave out the normal discussion about which type of martial art is the most effective, the facts are that Dolph was a champion Kyokushin fighter when he quit.

Both Dolph and SS were high level martial artists, within their disciplines.
Last edited by dolphage on 18 Oct 2012, 12:22, edited 1 time in total.
Spring, era jävlar!
dolphage
Regular

Postby Jox on 18 Oct 2012, 12:00

dolphage wrote:The quote say a lot about Segeal, but nothing about Dolph Lundgren.

Of course, that's the point. You have all the Seagal BS concentrated in this interview. he knows everything and everybody (close friend of the Bruce Lee family and Kyokushin master Mas Oyama? i don't think so...). Otherwise how can you take someone seriously when he praises Jet Li but then admits he's never seen him fight and talks about THE EXPENDABLES praising Statham whom he can't say the name right and then says he's hasn't seen the film...?
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Kenshitora1218 on 18 Oct 2012, 14:25

Mosquito wrote:Well I'd like to see him fight Dolph today. Fumbling with fast hands does not stop a deadly high kick I guess.

Oh, Please, Mosquito, my friend! :wink:
Dolph Lundgren and Steven Seagal two disharmonic personality guys. Great guys! :lol:
Impossible them one knowledge. Different spiritual knowledge.
If you like Hell, change it to Heaven.
Love does not weak, but the hatred is. (ZEN Wisdoms)
Kenshitora1218

Postby Travis on 18 Oct 2012, 17:20

Mosquito wrote:Well I'd like to see him fight Dolph today. Fumbling with fast hands does not stop a deadly high kick I guess.

Honestly, I think that would be one ugly fight between 2 old guys. They are pretty evenly matched in terms of size though, however, judging from this interview, Seagal seems a lot older. He says he met Bruce Lee and also has a son the same age as Brandon Lee. SS must be one old dude.

Still, I'd love to see them get in the octagon together. I have no idea what would happen. Might just turn into an ugly grappling match.

Seagal has a lot of nerve and gets criticized a lot in the mma community, but honestly, I have more respect for him after seeing this interview. He was mostly interesting and I thought he actually came off as humble even though a lot of people are saying how this interview proves he is delusional and full of himself.

In terms of him bashing these other actors skills, I am glad he spoke his opinion instead of just giving a political answer. He really didn't want to talk about that, be he gave his true thoughts to the interviewer.
Travis
Regular

Postby Kenshitora1218 on 18 Oct 2012, 17:38

Travis wrote: Honestly, I think that would be one ugly fight between 2 old guys. They are pretty evenly matched in terms of size though, however, judging from this interview, Seagal seems a lot older. He says he met Bruce Lee and also has a son the same age as Brandon Lee. SS must be one old dude.

Still, I'd love to see them get in the octagon together. I have no idea what would happen. Might just turn into an ugly grappling match.

Seagal has a lot of nerve and gets criticized a lot in the mma community, but honestly, I have more respect for him after seeing this interview. He was mostly interesting and I thought he actually came off as humble even though a lot of people are saying how this interview proves he is delusional and full of himself.

In terms of him bashing these other actors skills, I am glad he spoke his opinion instead of just giving a political answer. He really didn't want to talk about that, be he gave his true thoughts to the interviewer.

Dear Travis! :)
I don't think so this.
They are better respect together like this ordinary fights.
Like the eastern people together. Respect and join with.
If you like Hell, change it to Heaven.
Love does not weak, but the hatred is. (ZEN Wisdoms)
Kenshitora1218

Postby whiteandblank on 25 Oct 2012, 11:37

I think Dolph would beat him.
Is there an off switch to your mouth?
whiteandblank

Postby Travis on 25 Oct 2012, 16:50

I also think Dolph would beat him, mainly because he is more physically fit and probably much younger.
SS was actually kind to Dolph compared to the other people he was asked about.
Travis
Regular

Postby whiteandblank on 25 Oct 2012, 17:45

I wouldn't say there is that much difference in age, would you?

I know Seagal is proficent in Aikido, but how good is/was he?
whiteandblank

Postby Travis on 25 Oct 2012, 18:10

I have no idea how old Steven is but he said he met Bruce Lee and has a son the same age as Brandon. That makes me think he is very old.

Dolph must have been a teenager or so when Bruce died.

Steven is supposedly as good as it gets in Aikido, but who knows whether or not that works in a fight, However, in the interview Steven claims he knows more than that and crossed trained.
Travis
Regular

Postby whiteandblank on 25 Oct 2012, 18:34

IMDB says his birth year is 1952. Dolph's is 1957?
whiteandblank

Postby Jox on 25 Oct 2012, 18:40

I wouldn't believe much of what Seagal says about Bruce Lee or his son's death - I don't believe much of anything Seagal says anymore, he's so full of it and himself. Anyway.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Travis on 25 Oct 2012, 18:45

That's what most people say in regards to Steven, but who knows? I was never a fan of his but I did find the interview interesting and he was actually humble compared to what I expected.
Travis
Regular

Next

Return to General Discussion