"Life of Action" - book by Mike Fury

This is a free-for-all discussion area, with no set topic, just anything & everything DOLPH!

Moderator: Moderators

"Life of Action" - book by Mike Fury

Postby Jox on 23 Dec 2014, 02:18

Mike Fury a contributor of Impact and others, has been working hard these past couple of years on a new book featuring interviews with the "who's who" of action cinema, including our own D-man: here's a sneak speek (due out early 2015)
Life of Action
NEWS UPDATE: "Life of Action" will be released very early in 2015 - the date will be confirmed soon, along with pre-order info. In the meantime, here's a sneak peek of the interior featuring Mr Dolph Lundgren. Can't wait for everyone to see the finished product! It's been hard work but a real labour of love. Thanks for the ongoing support.

https://www.facebook.com/lifeofactionbo ... 91/?type=1
Jox
Site Admin

Re: "Life of Action" book by Mike Fury

Postby Jox on 31 Mar 2015, 17:10

Cover unveiled

Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 19 May 2015, 17:10

Interview: Mike Fury
http://www.kungfumovieguide.com/interview-mike-fury/
What did you want to find out by writing the book?
Being a huge film fan, I always held this art form in very high regard and I wanted to dissect and understand how it works; what ingredients are necessary and how are certain things achieved? I guess that’s why I started writing, as I had this interest and I wanted a platform to explore it and share my passions with other people. I also began working on some films for the same reason; an interest in the entire film-making process. While I’m a fan of many film genres, action is definitely one of my focal points, so this formed the premise of the book. Plus, I’d previously interviewed a number of people for magazines or online and heard some great stories, which is how the idea emerged. Bringing all of this together, I could visualise the end product and felt confident the format of a book would work.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 21 Jun 2015, 21:24

Wow, even some advert in Gatwick, Stansted or Manchester airports 8)

Jox
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion