Gumball 3000 rally

This is a free-for-all discussion area, with no set topic, just anything & everything DOLPH!

Moderator: Moderators

Gumball 3000 rally

Postby Jox on 09 May 2015, 12:00

http://www.expressen.se/noje/dolph-lund ... ball-3000/

Gumball 3000
23 hrs · Edited ·
BIG NEWS! Dolph Lundgren has entered this year's ‪#‎Gumball3000‬ rally for Team Betsafe. Stay tuned for updates about his ‪#‎StockholmToVegas‬ car! ‪#‎GumballLife‬ ‪#‎Betsafe‬

https://www.facebook.com/gumball3000

Dolph Lundgren joins Team Betsafe for Gumball 3000!

“Gumball 3000 is without a doubt the coolest rally in the world, and it feels amazing to be a part of it driving for Team Betsafe. It’ll be a couple of crazy days, starting from my hometown Stockholm and heading across the Atlantic ocean to finish big in Las Vegas. This trip won't come close to anything I've ever done before.”
Stay tuned to our Gumball 3000 coverage to follow Dolph and the rest of Team Betsafe on their crazy journey from Stockholm to Las Vegas.

https://www.facebook.com/BetsafeOfficial
Jox
Site Admin

Re: Joining Gumball 3000 rally

Postby Jox on 11 May 2015, 12:13

Dolph Lundgren Is Driving in the 2015 Gumball 3000 along Jon Olsson

In The Expendables, Gunner Jensen views himself as a Viking of the modern age. A highly dangerous man, as well as formally educated as a chemical engineer, this character is what probably assured Dolph Lundgren’s place in the world renown action actors’ club. Jense and Toll Road take over a tank at some point, but we’re quite certain that’s not the vehicle the 57-year-old actor will be driving in real life, at this year’s Gumball 3000.

“My mom drove a tank back in Sweden!” it’s what Lundgren’s character says when he and Road take over that tank. Sure, it would be nice to see The Expendables star running down the hill with a panzer of some sort. After all, if his fellow actor Arnold Schwarzenegger can have one, why couldn’t Dolph drive one too?

However, Gumball 3000 is not about military machines; it’s about rich men’s toys, hypercars, supercars, exotic cars, not killing people vehicles. In fact, Lundgren will be joining extreme skier Jon Olsson as they will both race for the Betsafe team, apparently. This means the Rocky star will be seen in the Swedish sportsman’s Audi RS6.

The car is a regular speed machine customized into a monster. The RS6 has a set of custom 18 karat gold anodized TTE9xx turbochargers mounted on the V8 block that turns the 4-liter engine into a 950 horsepower beast. Yep, 950 horsepower.

In a way, it’s natural for Lundgren to drive along Olsson considering they are both born in Stockholm. “There will be some fast paced days starting in my hometown Stockholm and across the Atlantic to finish in Las Vegas. This trip will not resemble anything I’ve done before. Gumball 3000 is arguably the world’s hottest rally, and it feels fantastic to be a part of this and get the opportunity to drive for Team Betsafe,” The Expendables star said.

http://www.autoevolution.com/news/dolph ... 95309.html
Jox
Site Admin

Postby bomaz on 22 May 2015, 12:50

Talking about the rally I guess.

I'm not surprised he's driving a Ferrari (he has always been a ferrari guy I think), but I thought I read somewhere he was drivig an Audi.
bomaz

Postby preacher on 22 May 2015, 13:25

Talking about the rally I guess.

Indeed.
Dolphs daughter is gonna join him in the car for one leg of the race so he says he will drive carefully :lol:
It's more about meeting people, checking out cars and parties than going fast, atleast for D. They talk about the actual rally for most of it. When they are in the car D talks abut his preference in cars. D likes Italian ones.

Not much worth noting in terms of what is being said. Tidbits about Skin Trade (nothing about a scandinavian release) and his Cohen cameo but nothing new.

He looks well and happy (but he has a cold apparently) and i like that he lets the grey in his hair show.
Looks cool.
preacher
Regular

Postby bomaz on 24 May 2015, 03:34

Broken voice :o (basically, the same videos with different angles)
bomaz

INTERVIEWS

Postby shooby on 25 May 2015, 19:32

With Ida:
shooby

Postby bomaz on 15 Jun 2015, 19:10

I'm glad to see no one adressed the elephant in the room. :lol: (or the peeing elephant to be precise).
bomaz

Next

Return to General Discussion