HE should be a Villain again !!!

This is a free-for-all discussion area, with no set topic, just anything & everything DOLPH!

Moderator: Moderators

HE should be a Villain again !!!

Postby Krom on 12 Jul 2004, 01:29

Let's forget unreal topics such as "Does Dolph Deserve An Oscar?" and such.
I've seen this weekend Rocky and Universal Soldier movies again after 2-3 years on dvd.
I think those are the perfect characters for Dolph.

He should stop playing good guys and only non-stop gunfights movies with the same end...he is the hero and such..

He should be a bad guy again and then to be back in that fucking big screen together on the same poster with other old action stars like Van Damme or Seagal.
TheArnoldfans.com
Krom
Regular

Postby Dawn on 12 Jul 2004, 06:22

I agree with villains but not Segal or Van Damme, they probably won't be popular again again on the big screen. Well, maybe Segal, but everyone that meets him says he is a jerk. The Rock actually has a box office draw here in the U.S., put him and Dolph together in a movie, Dolph will get noticed again. I really think the Rock makes a pretty good hero and with the right villain, you have yourself one excellent movie! :)
Dolph Aficionado
Dawn
Site Admin

Postby Mosquito on 12 Jul 2004, 12:38

I couldn't agree more! Dolph was perfect in UniSol. Think of that famous supermarket scene. THAT's what I call convincing! Or my favourite one-liner: "I'm all ears"...

He was also great as the mad preacher in Johnny Mnenonic.

And yes, Dawn, The Rock (actually I prefer his real name Dwayne Johnson) is up and coming. I was surprised to read on the imdb that his last two movies (guess the writer meant The Rundown and that "problem film") flopped. Haven't seen the last one but I enjoyed The Rundown very much! Christopher Walken has had better roles but the movie itself was great fun to watch! And that short scene with Arnie shows that Johnson has big supporters.
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 12 Jul 2004, 14:19

I'm not sure that the Rock would be the perfect match for Dolph, as they're too much in the same league, I mean they're physically too similar to complete each other in a film
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Mosquito on 12 Jul 2004, 14:37

Yes but he's a darker type. Remember Dolph opposite Matthias Hues in Dark Angel. They are much more alike thank Dolph and Dwayne but it worked well. And Dwayne opposite that guy from The Green Mile in Scorpion King was also good.
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Dawn on 16 Jul 2004, 16:53

Are you sure Arnie will not be in the new Terminator? I remember a while back he said not to expect him in it, but I heard the new Conan movie stopped production to wait for Arnie! :shock:
Dolph Aficionado
Dawn
Site Admin

Postby Dawn on 21 Jul 2004, 18:35

khurram112 wrote:Arnie said he will return but not in the complete role.As a special Appearance only.The main hero might be The Rock.

yeah, I heard that much of it. I heard the film will be more focused on the son of Conan, which may be Dwayne (the Rock).
Dolph Aficionado
Dawn
Site Admin

Postby Krom on 25 Jul 2004, 19:00

Dawn wrote:
khurram112 wrote:Arnie said he will return but not in the complete role.As a special Appearance only.The main hero might be The Rock.

yeah, I heard that much of it. I heard the film will be more focused on the son of Conan, which may be Dwayne (the Rock).

NO. Both Conan and T4 depends on Arnold's decission in 2006.

The production of King Conan: Crow of iron is in stand by since last month when Arnold said to Millius to wait for him
From my connections i know that he will not run for a new office term in Sacramento...i pray for him to comeback in movie career.
TheArnoldfans.com
Krom
Regular

Postby Mosquito on 27 Jul 2004, 12:58

Krom wrote:From my connections i know that he will not run for a new office term in Sacramento...i pray for him to comeback in movie career.

Hm, he has barely started. Didn't he take this thing serious? That would be a shame.
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Krom on 05 Aug 2004, 10:21

Well he did lot's of great things for California and he'll have time to fix California till 2006.
He's always serious!
TheArnoldfans.com
Krom
Regular

Re: HE should be a Villain again !!!

Postby evegotbet on 03 Mar 2010, 08:14

i think Dolph should make a comic book series with a mean and agressive side of Dolph, not always playing hero but sometimes playing villain to get his point clearly across.
any support? suggestions? Feedback? i think this would be a great idea :D .
evegotbet

Postby Dawn on 03 Mar 2010, 15:01

Wow, haven't seen this thread in a while!
I think I could see him doing a role in a graphic novel adaption like Sin City, but not a straight comic book character in this stage of his career. I see him really expanding into new territory, but maybe I am being overly optimistic. I really would like to see him in a cowboy hat and riding a horse! (Quite different I know!)
Dolph Aficionado
Dawn
Site Admin

Postby evegotbet on 04 Mar 2010, 08:13

yeah, i never thought of that. Dolph on a horse. yes, he would look sexy because horses are gorgeous :D . i don't watch TV or movies, and believe it or not although i have heard of 'sin city' i have never watched an episode of it and so i have no idea what it's about. ahhh, u said novel, right? 'sin city' by the name of it i bet there is a lot of sex stuff in there. how about a comic book/novel i don't know if that's possible. with pictures so i can see dolph. oh okay, u said graphic novel, yes, yes, yes. because he really can't do this kind of stuff in movies because he is married, but he should find a way to incorporate that side of him somehow to his fans :lol: . i agree i agree. yes, yes, yes :D .
evegotbet

Postby Dawn on 05 Mar 2010, 07:24

I think you are confusing this with the tv series Sex in the City! I am talking about a movie based on a graphic novel (like a comic book but grittier for adults). See here: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0401792/
Not really about sex, its a crime thriller more or less.
Dolph Aficionado
Dawn
Site Admin

Postby evegotbet on 06 Mar 2010, 00:35

Dawn wrote:I think you are confusing this with the tv series Sex in the City!

i might be, yes. i don't watch television. i'm not with the program. i'm out of the loop.
evegotbet

Next

Return to General Discussion