This guy looks like dolph

This is a free-for-all discussion area, with no set topic, just anything & everything DOLPH!

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Terminator on 19 Sep 2004, 13:31

Well, this upper picture was making me feel shocked a lot, but of course, for me this 'll always be one of my fav actors in the whole world. 8)
In Rocky IV and Red Scorpion he was looking GREAT, but in all other movies he was acting in, he looked terrific, right. :wink:
In hope for someone who could replace the real Dolph one day if he's (hopefully not as soon) out of business...
Terminator
Regular

Postby carrie on 19 Sep 2004, 20:00

his hair alters his looks a lot and i did,nt like his hair in red scorpion,im not keen with his brown hair either, i think he looks gorgeous in films such as, minnion,the peacekeeper,bridge of dragons, even in sweepers i found him sexy as hell, we will have to agree to disagree on this one, personel tastes i guess. :wink:
carrie
Regular

Postby Terminator on 19 Sep 2004, 20:18

Yeah... lol
At the moment I prefer like his look from Rocky IV, but in every movie he had something special.
In hope for someone who could replace the real Dolph one day if he's (hopefully not as soon) out of business...
Terminator
Regular

Postby carrie on 19 Sep 2004, 23:02

rocky IV may be a "guy thing" because even my husband thinks Dolph looks great, he looks at him in a different way to me(thank god!!!) he does a lot of bodybuilding so he`s more in to the muscle/ definition thing.
carrie
Regular

Postby Terminator on 20 Sep 2004, 14:22

Well I think I'll firstly stay with Dolph's look. For example Schwarzenegger is a bit to extremely muscled. But to look like Dolph in Rocky IV or Red Scorpion- all respect!!! How long is your husband doing bodybuilding? Maybe I could receive a few more hints how to train, cos my six- pack needs a lil' more attention, if you know what I mean. :)
Terminator
Regular

Postby carrie on 20 Sep 2004, 23:35

hes been doing bodybuilding for about 15yrs on and off, he has been let down a lot by different "training partners" who change their minds about wanting to do training,you know the sort they sign up for gym membership & never turn up. he has know bought a big shed and invested in weights &equipment and he can do what he wants when he wants. my nephew at 21 has just got interested in it & same goes for our son who at 14 has just started doing light weights. you mention schwarzenegger, well he happens to be my husbands "role model" if you like,he knows he will never have his body nor does he want to, he just admires the dedication&hard work he had put into making it.then again arnold didnt have 2 kids and a wife to support at the time. anytime you want to be inspired just take a quick look at arnolds"pumping iron"d.v.d if you havent already- its a education to say the least.. good luck with your training,who knows maybe you couldbe giving a few tips soon.
carrie
Regular

Postby Terminator on 21 Sep 2004, 13:22

Thanks a lot so far. :wink:
Yes, I still couldn't watch "Pumping Iron", but I think I ought to next time.
If your husband is doing bodybuilding for 15 years, well, does he look like Schwarzenegger already? That I am still 16, my muscles won't build that fast :cry:
but I firstly want to create all muscles to bring them visible, like delta muscles are always hidden under the skin and you'll have to train them a lot, but it's a pity that it won't work so fast... but I train every day for one hour and in holidays I like to do it twice a day, in the morning and in the evening. Then all muslces have a constantly period for when they are trained and I hope that double work makes the whole thing going faster as it has been all the time.
When Arnie used to train like crazy, it was still special and rarely, but today, in my age, a lot of boys are doing this (in my grade at school [4 classes], there are around 10 students who seem to train; I think this is to much so that I could be a kind of "exception" with the body anatomie.)
But the "stomach musculation" (=six-pack) is my worst fear. It has no positive effect on the bag and to not overstrain it, would mean, to do around 20 crunches or sit ups per day and that's to less for a good result.
By the way, does your husband use any kind of steroids? I only profit from my good and balanced nutrition and I won't use any steroids ever. Bad things like hair losses- I really want to keep my golden-like hair so far. :wink:
Terminator
Regular

Postby Dolph_Fan on 21 Sep 2004, 19:20

Terminator;

It is known that each muscle should be worked to the MAX, once per week only, it needs time to repair.

>"to do around 20 crunches or sit ups per day"

Youll need something like 20 reps with 6 sets (with few minutes rest between), i.e. 20, then rest, then another 20, 6 times. best to limit to 6 reps possible max, but maybe if possible using some weights.

To gain any visible muscle definition, you'll have to loose a lot of fat and be skinny.

it'll take maybe a year to look at your self and see a change compared to a non lifting person. I ve seen books that says HUGE MUSCLES IN 6 WEEKS!!!, with a big guy shwoing his forearm on the cover, they are fake......tryign to make money, average persons muscle cannot grow that fast.
Dolph_Fan
Regular

Postby Terminator on 21 Sep 2004, 21:00

Yes... with a few rest times I already tried it, but after a few month a got bored with doing this so many times a day that I stopped it for a while. Now I am constantly doing my training twice a day and I started last summer and in comparation to the present, I can see real differences in all parts.
Do you additionally know any poses how to train an effective six pack while not overstraining the back? I often stop after 20 crunches, cos I wanna feel good and "pumped" and not to feel bad with a cripple's back, you know. :wink:
But thanks for those hints so far. I only found a few different methods in the Net, but it wasn't proved that directly, but I think now it is. If you've still got a few important things about it, please let me know. :D
Terminator
Regular

Postby carrie on 21 Sep 2004, 22:59

terminator,
i wish i knew what you were talking about so i could offer some advice but i thinks its best if i get my husband to read your message because he nows what he is talking about- i dont. i do know he trains a different set of muscles every day, never the same set twice as your muscle needs to repair. does he have a body like arnold? no, he does have amazing shoulders though,his body is hard and bumpy( he will kill me for saying that). does he take steroids? no,but he use to a long time ago when he was young and stupid and he would not recommend you to either. he does take a vitamin supplement called "creatine" it is considered by top
athletes/bodybuilders to be an important supplement and it is used to increase strength and recovery of the muscle. i will get jay to take a minute and look at this message, maybe he has a few pearls of wisdom,who knows :lol:
carrie
Regular

Postby Terminator on 22 Sep 2004, 15:20

Yes that would be nice! :wink:
Still I would recommend to have always balanced meals that include all necessary cerials and vitamins for being in great condition. I've got vitamin capsules, too, but I don't use 'em very often. Once a week or so.
But maybe "Jay" has a few more hints for me. 8)
By the way, your husband isn't the famous bodybuilder "Jay Cutler", is he???
Terminator
Regular

Previous

Return to General Discussion