Would anyone like to see Dolph on Saturday Night Live?

This is a free-for-all discussion area, with no set topic, just anything & everything DOLPH!

Moderator: Moderators

Would anyone like to see Dolph on Saturday Night Live?

Postby Dolph_the_Arcane on 09 Oct 2004, 07:16

I know, it sounds nuts but just think about it for a second. It could open up a huge door for him. Have we ever seen his comedic side? Most action film stars have a knack for humor. I think it would be really cool. SNL still rocks & for me an episode hosted by Dolph would be the ultimate episode. Of course there would be some mainstream viewers that would not recognize him right away but if they did a sketch or two that reminded them of his more popular roles like in Rocky or Masters of the Universe, they'd catch on.
Dolph_the_Arcane

Postby Terminator on 09 Oct 2004, 15:09

Well, 've never seen him LIVE on stage or something like that!!! Just go on. ;)
In hope for someone who could replace the real Dolph one day if he's (hopefully not as soon) out of business...
Terminator
Regular

Postby Dawn on 10 Oct 2004, 02:49

The problem is though that SNL only asks actors who have a movie opening opening up that week or if they are in the news. Dolph had not had a movie open in the U.S for years and is never in the news here. SNL also usually only asks actors who can sing to be in the show, so I wouldn't expect Dolph to ever be asked to this show until he starts doing big production U.S. movies again.
Dolph Aficionado
Dawn
Site Admin

Postby Dolph_the_Arcane on 10 Oct 2004, 05:03

Well I guess your right Dawn. SNL is kind of picky about who they ask to host. Dolph isn't exactly a John Goodman or Christina Ricci here in the U.S. I suppose the only way Dolph would get on the show would be if Lorne Micheals widened out in his selection, or Dolph does a big U.S. movie like you said. And who knows maybe Dolph does have a good singing voice. We've never heard him sing so its hard to imagine but you never know. I bet Dolph still has a few tricks up his sleave. I'm not saying he's going to be the next breakthrough pop artist here in the U.S. but maybe he could at least do good enough host. I'm just spit-balling here so don't pay any attention to me. :D
Today is never yesterday until tomorrow...food for thought.
Dolph_the_Arcane

Postby Mosquito on 11 Oct 2004, 13:31

Despite the unlikelihood of an invitation I'd love to see him there.
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Terminator on 11 Oct 2004, 14:13

Okay, me too, but if he had to sing- no... :lol:
By the way, in the German synchronisation Dolph had often different voices. I think since 1990, they asked one voice actor and yet, it's always the same (dunno the name). It fits to Dolph, but his originally voice seems to change in movies.
In hope for someone who could replace the real Dolph one day if he's (hopefully not as soon) out of business...
Terminator
Regular

Postby theshatman on 22 Oct 2004, 02:19

Well, I think that such an honor is long overdue for Dolph. It's time that Dolph join the ranks of a very elite club with such members as George Wendt, Adrian Brody, Elle MacPherson, and Andrew Dice Clay. These actors and comedics have established themselves as definite A-list and Mr. Lundgren needs to insist that the be allowed into the fraternity. With Dolph's stunning humor abilities--remember "Johnny Mnemonic," anyone?--he'd be a ringer! Let's get the petition started! :D
theshatman

Postby Terminator on 22 Oct 2004, 12:30

^Well I dunno any of those comedians, but that's absolutely right, he was really amusing in Johnny Mnemonic. ;)
Terminator
Regular

Return to General Discussion