is dolph in another video game?

This is a free-for-all discussion area, with no set topic, just anything & everything DOLPH!

Moderator: Moderators

is dolph in another video game?

Postby I Dig Dolph on 09 Nov 2004, 05:46

i see that there is a new game comming out called "Rocky Legends" and i am wondering if anybody knows if dolph is in it. he should be because hes definitely a rocky legend! come on he killed apollo creed!!! :lol:
I Dig Dolph

Postby Terminator on 16 Nov 2004, 20:26

Well I think he is... that game's for the Game Cube, isn't it?
In hope for someone who could replace the real Dolph one day if he's (hopefully not as soon) out of business...
Terminator
Regular

Postby Dawn on 16 Nov 2004, 21:55

No, its for Playstation 2 and Xbox. Gamecube is becoming an old platform and I saw reports last year saying most game companies don't want to make games for Gamecube anymore.

Here is an Xbox review: http://reviews.teamxbox.com/xbox/803/Rocky-Legends/p1

There are several trailers for the game, including one on Drago here: http://games.teamxbox.com/xbox/866/Rocky-Legends

There are some screenshots here: http://www.ugo.com/channels/games/featu ... egends.asp
Dolph Aficionado
Dawn
Site Admin

Postby Terminator on 17 Nov 2004, 18:49

Yeah, they don't see any chances in making their games popular by producing them for the GC Console...
In hope for someone who could replace the real Dolph one day if he's (hopefully not as soon) out of business...
Terminator
Regular

Postby Dawn on 17 Nov 2004, 18:55

Well, most companies have losing a lot of money on games in the past 2 years. KB Toys even sited this as the reason some of their stores were being closed and announced they were clearing out games out of most of their stores. It takes lots of money (thousands of dollars) to develop just one game. So if doesn't sell well for each console its made for, the company loses a lot of money over the game. The new Playstation is supposed to come out in 2005 and I think the new Xbox as well.
Dolph Aficionado
Dawn
Site Admin

Postby Mosquito on 17 Nov 2004, 21:46

Thousands? I heard a story today that Half Live 2 (just released) took 6 years of development and cost more than 40 million dollars! I doubt that games for consoles are much cheaper than those for personal computers. Or are they? Most games are available for more than one platform anyway.
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Dawn on 18 Nov 2004, 00:31

40 million, Ouch. I can believe that for the games like Doom 3 and Gran Tourism, Need for Speed etc. Some of the little game companies spend relatively less I believe. I just happened to see a figure of several thousand for the MOTU: Defender of Grayskull game and its release was cancelled. Haha, maybe thats why, not enough money spend on it. I think it was only partly done though, it had been previewed over a year back with horrible reviews.

I would much rather buy a newer video card if I were into gaming than to buy a new game console every 3 years. Its getting really ridiculous. All our old consoles sit around here and collect dust. Games usually cost $50 a piece when they come out here, most parents don't won't to spend that much on stuff these days.
Dolph Aficionado
Dawn
Site Admin

Postby I Dig Dolph on 18 Nov 2004, 04:52

hey great news! i just recently got "rocky legends" for PS2 and its awesome! and of course it has drago in it. it follows the 4 main characters and their life stories to fame. i completed dragos story and in it even shows him knocking out and killing apollo. it has very good graphics! and in the end i defeated rocky and so drago got some kind of medal of honor from the politburo. the only thing that i was disappointed in was there was no original voice talents. thier voices did not match really at all.... especially dragos. im sorry, but he sounded like a princess with a slurr in his voice or something like that!

SWEET game anyways! :lol:
I Dig Dolph

Postby I Dig Dolph on 18 Nov 2004, 04:56

and to clear things up "rocky" is for PS2, Xbox, and gamecube. meanwhile "rocky legends" is for PS2 and xbox only. and i am hoping to get "rocky" soon and let you guys know about it.
I Dig Dolph

Postby Dawn on 18 Nov 2004, 06:22

Rocky came out a while back. I remember Jox posting the screenshots which were impressive. Sadly, that game did not get very good reviews like Rocky Legends is getting. I may try and rent though and see for myself. I will probably be buying Rocky Legends for sure though.
Dolph Aficionado
Dawn
Site Admin

Postby Mosquito on 18 Nov 2004, 12:51

Dawn, I agree, I wouldn't want to have a console. I think the computer versions of the games are better anyways, you have more possibilities. But I've given up on games. The only reason I'd like to have a console for the TV would be one of those dancing games with those mats. I think it is a fun way to do a little sports. ;-) I tried it once and I was SO bad. I could need some practice. ;-)
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Dawn on 18 Nov 2004, 17:03

If they would teach me to dance, I would do that too! I can't dance at all and am probably helpless in that regard!
Dolph Aficionado
Dawn
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion