Has Dolph a good successor??

This is a free-for-all discussion area, with no set topic, just anything & everything DOLPH!

Moderator: Moderators

Has Dolph a good successor??

Postby Terminator on 08 Jan 2005, 19:50

I hope they'll find someone who can represent him in a best shape.
Maybe most of his movies were a lil' clumpsy or crappy, but he's still kind of "giant unknown star". What to say: Everybody has seen him in Rocky IV and today you won't find anyone who's still interested in him because of actors like Keanu Reeves or so...
Hopefully Icould start making this chance. lol
Heard that Ralf Möller is about to replace Arnie for soon coming movies. 'll see what he can bring on stage, but I think he is missing the necessary potion of charism, ain't he?
In hope for someone who could replace the real Dolph one day if he's (hopefully not as soon) out of business...
Terminator
Regular

Postby Mosquito on 08 Jan 2005, 22:52

Plus he's not so young anymore. Nope, he won't replace him. From the beginning of Walking Tall I'd say Arnie thinks that Duane Johnson is his successor.
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Terminator on 11 Jan 2005, 15:04

But to find someone who's really close to Dolph's anatomy, they'd probably have to clone him... come on, let's just ask hin right now *macabre turn* :)
In hope for someone who could replace the real Dolph one day if he's (hopefully not as soon) out of business...
Terminator
Regular

Tough question

Postby theshatman on 17 Jan 2005, 19:23

Finding a successfor for Dolph....whew! I'm glad I'm not involved in that one! I can't imagine the stress the film industry is under trying to scrounge up someone to replace Dolph. I imagine that the 12 apostles wrestled with the same types of decisions after Christ was killed--who could replace him?
theshatman

Postby Terminator on 17 Jan 2005, 20:38

Most of those usual German so called "Hau Draufkies" can be easily replaced, but someone who looks quite good as Dolph with even almost the same anatomy?
Then I'd have to grow a lil' higher and my chin out to go more angular and bulky. XD
Terminator
Regular

Postby carrie on 17 Jan 2005, 21:57

am i missing the point completely here or what? Dolphs "successor", "replacement", :shock: as far as i know Dolph doesnt plan on going anywhere just yet, he is doing just fine- i for one will not be looking for a replacement for him- why look for the impossible :wink:
p.s- i have recieved "direct action" and i really enjoyed it, loads better than "detention, and JEEEEEZ the guy still does it for me .mmmmm.
carrie
Regular

Postby Mosquito on 18 Jan 2005, 13:55

Excusez moi... Tom Cruise? You are talking about a psycho dwarf who is Hollywood A-list. He can't be compared, neither physically nor regarding the league he's playing.

Ooops. Should I edit my post? The guy is famous for sueing everybody. But on the other hand, who cares for a lonely poster in the wide, wide web.
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby carrie on 19 Jan 2005, 01:25

:lol: mosquito you need locking up for your own safety, i had no idea you were so "gifted",when it comes down to your discriptive talents.
psycho dwarf- i must remember that one :wink:
carrie
Regular

Postby Terminator on 21 Jan 2005, 16:20

lol...
But Tom doesn't look like Dolph in any way...
Maybe his face when he was still in teen-age... :)
Anyway I never hear any "(rumor) celebrity news" about Dolph...
On TV there are always the same (probably younger) "main-stream" actors...
If there aren't any of those I've just listed in here recently, I don't care... :?
Dolph ought to go worldwide. His "Rocky IV" was great, but is already gone for two decades already... :(
Terminator
Regular

Postby shooby on 27 Jan 2005, 14:13

Dolph is irreplaceable
shooby

Postby Tom on 27 Jan 2005, 20:28

No one will be looking to replace Dolph Lundgren. He's a forgotton man in hollywood and those huge man moutain action men can't sell movies anymore. People are trying to give more everyman kind of guys the action men roles now. The Rock hasn't even had great box office returns on his last twqo projects so he'll never recreate the success of Arnold, because people are bored with large men taking on armies single handedly.
Tom
Regular

Postby shooby on 27 Jan 2005, 20:48

yes, if nowadays action movies and action stars are not the same success like in the 80's it's because it's not fashionable.
shooby

Return to General Discussion