Dolph Lundgren in Matrix ???

This is a free-for-all discussion area, with no set topic, just anything & everything DOLPH!

Moderator: Moderators

Postby shooby on 27 Jan 2005, 14:03

The second movie with Keanu !!!
shooby

Postby Mosquito on 09 Feb 2005, 14:27

Dolph kicks ass but he's got a totally different type of coolness. Lawrence Fishburne is Mr. Cool himself. To be honest, I don't think that Dolph would have achieved the same level of performance. What about Dolph as Agent Smith?
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby shooby on 09 Feb 2005, 17:52

khurram112 wrote:Keanu and Dolph worked together in Johnny Mnemonic. Dolph's Character was really cool but it was very short. I think Morpheus would have been a really great and satisfying role for him.

Originally heshould have more length but with the movie speed with Keanu Reeves which has been a great succes before, the director of Johnny Mnemmonic decides to give more importance to Keanu's charcatere instead of Dolph's charactere
shooby

Postby Jox on 09 Feb 2005, 22:56

I think THE MATRIX was a rip off (a movie that makes people believe it's deep but it's in fact very superficial) so I'm glad Dolph wasn't part of it...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Terminator on 09 Feb 2005, 23:23

Yeah... but Matrix is already boring. Even with Dolph in the main role I surely won't watch it.
Something completely new. Maybe he'd try to stand up to his movie Pentathlon in 1994 to represent one of the best athletes from the 80s who still seems to be in business.
In hope for someone who could replace the real Dolph one day if he's (hopefully not as soon) out of business...
Terminator
Regular

Postby shooby on 10 Feb 2005, 11:29

Jox wrote:I think THE MATRIX was a rip off (a movie that makes people believe it's deep but it's in fact very superficial) so I'm glad Dolph wasn't part of it...

yesbut matrix was a good succes, so if Dolph shot in it it was good for his career
shooby

Postby Mosquito on 10 Feb 2005, 13:25

At least the first part was a great movie. Eye candy. Of course it was quite superficial but the characters were cool, the artwork was great and the special effects were astonishing. They invented "bullet time" after all, didn't they?
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 10 Feb 2005, 22:49

Actually "bullet time" has been used before "The Matrix"...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby preacher on 10 Feb 2005, 23:19

Was it really used before Matrix?
I have the DVD and on it there is this featurette called "What is Bullet-Time?". In this, some guy (Who is like the visualeffects supervisor or something like that) talks about how Bullet-time was especially developed for the Matrix.
You get to see the first bullet-time test-sequence and stuff like that.

When was is it used before 'The Matrix'?

peace.
preacher
Regular

Postby Jox on 11 Feb 2005, 00:58

Of course, they brag about themselves on the Matrix DVD... and denie that the bullet time has been done a couple of times before in some Hong Kong action flicks, in the first "Blade", and even in an old Christian Slater movie called "KUFFS".
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Craigie-Boy on 09 Mar 2006, 03:26

I know this topic hasn't been posted in for a heckuva long time now, but yeah - although they'll most likely refute any such claims, the Matrix crew did not invent bullet time. Sure, they updated and glamourized it in The Matrix, but as Jox said, it can be seen in Blade, which was released a year earlier. Everybody knows that The Matrix took elements from 101 other movies - it certainly can't claim to be original in any way.
Look at the fight scenes in the Mark Dacascos movie Drive, which was filmed in 1995 - that film definitely has elements that can be found in The Matrix...stylized gunplay, a lead bad guy who wears cool shades, and a fight scene between two guys with superhuman speed and strength.
Craigie-Boy
Regular

Return to General Discussion