Did Dolph use Steriods ?

This is a free-for-all discussion area, with no set topic, just anything & everything DOLPH!

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Terminator on 12 Apr 2005, 21:31

Well, I'd like to give a reference for that kind of text I've read some weeks ago... but I think during his training for Rocky IV he used just a little. At that time kind of anabolica, steroids etc. were still legal or at least more often used for legal training.
In hope for someone who could replace the real Dolph one day if he's (hopefully not as soon) out of business...
Terminator
Regular

Postby carrie on 14 Apr 2005, 00:16

in a word,YES
carrie
Regular

Postby Terminator on 14 Apr 2005, 16:05

Okay, but then to ask: Can anyone gain so much (well- trained?) muscle mass with the normal, sportsman- like and legal training? Even if he has a mesomorph anatomy (I hope, you know what I mean... the most skinny- looking body). lol
In hope for someone who could replace the real Dolph one day if he's (hopefully not as soon) out of business...
Terminator
Regular

Postby Dawn on 14 Apr 2005, 19:07

Terminator wrote:Okay, but then to ask: Can anyone gain so much (well- trained?) muscle mass with the normal, sportsman- like and legal training? Even if he has a mesomorph anatomy (I hope, you know what I mean... the most skinny- looking body). lol

You would be surprised how much weight you can gain just using whey protein. I had a friend that used whey protein and a supplement and within 3 months, he lost all his fat and was really muscular. I think it will vary between people depending on their body type. People who are smaller framed seem to have a much harder time putting on muscle.
Dolph Aficionado
Dawn
Site Admin

Postby Terminator on 14 Apr 2005, 20:47

Well... looking down my body... it's not that skinny boy... and I've never been. In the past 2 years I really made good results. Just the matter that I am still not grown to be the real adult even if Ido already look like.
I heard that proteins etc. wouldn't have so much effect...
Among the day I do eat a lot of things that include cereals the body does (strongly) need to gain more muscle mass. I used to drink several mixes between jiuces and water in the concentration with 1 for water and 2 for the juice I combine with.
Anyway Idon't want to gain those fat muslce balls... they should look more definite like Dolphs' do.
Terminator
Regular

Postby Dawn on 15 Apr 2005, 09:26

The only way to get really defined muscles is to cut out all your fat. Even some of the skinniest people have some ab muscle hiding under there. You have to get rid of the fat to let it peak through. Protein supplements DO work well for some people, as I said before, it most likely depends on what you are going for and body type. My husband used Whey Protein supplements for only 2 months before results and it really allowed him to be able to recover for the next workout quicker. This is a guy who hadn't worked out since leaving the military 6 years prior also. Lots of carbs are okay, but most people would just end up getting fat taking in lots of carbs because they are not strict enough to follow up with lots of exercise and then it just all goes to fat.
Dolph Aficionado
Dawn
Site Admin

Postby Terminator on 16 Apr 2005, 00:01

All right.
Today I had the chance to improve my strenght and my growing muscle parts. That I've already changed my home training into professional sports cooperation (a well- conditioning fitness/sport centre) I can now train muscle groups I couldn't really enhance before and I think my structure is set closely to Dolph's before starring in Rocky IV. The way the proportions of each body part do look like etc. ... just in fact that I won't reach the height of 1,95m any more...
but there are often some ugly experiences... men who pump like hell and got amazingly FAT arms. urgh!
Nothing more to see but fat and undefinite "meat balls" called upper part of the arm each. ^^
And not to make most people affraid of a body like Arnie has once performed: Dolph's one might be the best mix between the atlethics and the muscle guy. Pretty good in Rocky IV and Red Scorpion.
Terminator
Regular

Postby Mosquito on 16 Apr 2005, 10:33

Oh yeah. Red Scorpion has the highest drool factor of all films I know.

Agree, carrie? ;-)
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby carrie on 16 Apr 2005, 16:48

well yeah maybe, i didnt like his hair in scorpion but depending where his head was i may not notice his hairstyle :lol: ,i will admit i watch that movie a lot and every time it comes to the bit where hes at the water and he starts to undo his trousers that FREAKIN grenade goes off(i hate that it doesnt go off later), drool factor to many to mention and all for different reasons- minnion ive said before priest or not i definately would, joshua tree under the bridge(he never said he was running for pope) well i sure as hell wouldnt want him to,showdown,id gladly divest him of that stupid looking outfit,silent trigger,id love to torture his er "soul" just a little more and bridge of dragons well what can i say, i would bare nuckle fight reuchang if i got to lick warchylds wounds.anyway im going now because ive embarassed my self enough and mosquito your a very bad influence on me :twisted: ,im trying to be a nice girl :wink:
carrie
Regular

Postby I Dig Dolph on 20 Apr 2005, 05:53

Mmmmm......great you guys got me started :lol: it should be mandatory that he has to take his shirt off in every movie. why not?? jean claude van damme shows his walnut cracking butt in almost every movie he has done. like i mean the movie isnt complete without that! am i right or am i right?? :lol: one example was in the peacekeeper when he was in that launch exhaust bay and his shirt was sooooo close to fall off. BUT IT NEVER!!! :( like come on people!!! dolph show some skin for your female audience!!! :P
I Dig Dolph

Postby Terminator on 20 Apr 2005, 20:39

Well... I think most of you are female, right? ^^
So that women never get as much "fun" seeing undressed man etc. ...
Maybe.
I don't like to see Dolph just taking off his clothes...
But just his chest, six pack etc. makes me start going on training after havong watched especially this movie. Still I can relax and say that I am still not out- grown yet. The six pack is really the hardest thing to train for I think.
But his hairstyle in Red Scorpion was unusual, not bad at all. I do wear almost the same right now and to kind of muscle guy it does even fit better. Of course I'd prefer like to wear his famous flat top every day, but it takes to much time and hair spray to keep it. lol
Bit I can fix that with my blow- dried- technique. lol

Anyway I strongly hope to achieve such an amount of muscles without usin' any of those damn steroids.
Terminator
Regular

Postby carrie on 21 Apr 2005, 01:36

i dig dolph : fuckin a, im with you on this one girl, all i can say is dolph lundgren was designed with me in mind,( Aaaaarrrgh ok i will share him)im shocked every time i see his belly button because there is no way that guy was man made, he must have been created in a lab as a pleasure droid for women- jeez id sell a kidney in order to buy one of those.mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
terminator: i dont wont to see him totally naked- well ok maybe i do but not on film,i wouldnt turn down a private viewing but i wouldnt want to see his dangley bits bouncing around my t-v either, its good that you admire him but us ladies REALLY REALLY admire him for ALL kinds of reasons :wink:
carrie
Regular

Postby Terminator on 21 Apr 2005, 18:15

I see... ^^
For me he's just kind of role model. The way he looks... but that's it.
After having passed his conditions, he probably won't exist in this matter of facts. Then he's just a good action to me. But the legend will never "die". :)
Terminator
Regular

Postby Mosquito on 22 Apr 2005, 16:26

Terminator, if you are looking for a role model and be sure that the guy never uses steroids, read this guy's books:
http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/search-handle-url/index=books-de&field-author=Breitenstein%2C%20Berend/

I can lend you this one if you want: http://www.amazon.de/exec/obidos/ASIN/3499194260 ;-)

A few decades ago, maybe people didn't know better. But today it should be clear that steroids are bad drugs that mustn't be consumed. I still wonder if Trevor Goddard (the bad guy from Men Of War) died because of steroids. They say it was a drug overdose. Does steroids officially count as drugs?
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Terminator on 22 Apr 2005, 18:44

Hey! :)
I do already have 3 books by Berend Breitenstein. =)
All his listed "bodybuilding arts" in a way are familiar to me, but I'd prefer like to get an enormous chest like Dolph's... maybe I'll just reach Berend's... :(
But I hope that my strong training in the age of 14 1/2 was a good time to begin. Maybe at least Breitenstein just used to pump himself up after being out- grown...
Terminator
Regular

Next

Return to General Discussion