A shame

This is a free-for-all discussion area, with no set topic, just anything & everything DOLPH!

Moderator: Moderators

A shame

Postby hansson55 on 12 Jan 2004, 13:38

I saw The Punisher last night and started to wonder why it never hit the cinemas in US or in my country. Was it because of the extreme violence? Marvel characters have the gift to do where well at the cinemas even if it’s not good movies, so why didn’t they give Punisher a chance.
¤¤¤ It’s from Sweden like me ¤¤¤
hansson55
Regular

Postby Jox on 13 Jan 2004, 02:37

It wasn't released in the US due the sale of New World Pictures and the company that bought the company wanted to focus on TV production and didn't bother to release the film theatrically and yes it should have been a hit. In Sweden it was indeed banned because of its violence if I'm right. Maybe it's also linked to the fact that some Swedish associations appealed to boycott Dolph Lundgren movies since Red Scorpion (which was banned theatrically in Sweden also I think) and its South African connections (true or false it's hard to tell according to mag. articles) that made scandal at the time (for those who maybe too young to remmember it was apartheid in South Africa then).
Jox
Site Admin

The Punisher - U.K

Postby Dolph Fan on 22 Jan 2004, 20:16

In the U.K. it reached the Top Ten for atleast a few weeks. I think approx. Number 3 position (Number 1 being best)...............re-remembering memories from the time.......
Dolph Fan

Postby shooby on 28 Mar 2004, 20:32

The second version of the punisher on the cinema will release shortly
shooby

Return to General Discussion