Dolph Directors

This is a free-for-all discussion area, with no set topic, just anything & everything DOLPH!

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Terminator on 22 May 2005, 15:33

Well, this is another good question...
Roland Emmerich (just know him by name...) has sometimes proved his abilities being a director.

John Woo... never heard that name before...

And producing movies along with Sylvester Stallone is moreover the fame. Casting a few actors for boxing event for example... training together...
all other movies were partly "conservative". Sly was always the one kicking buds and the rest, just usual and there to full fill the movie set, had no good activities.

Not quite sure yet... ^^
In hope for someone who could replace the real Dolph one day if he's (hopefully not as soon) out of business...
Terminator
Regular

Postby Mosquito on 22 May 2005, 23:48

Terminator wrote:John Woo... never heard that name before...

*cough*
*wheeze
*breakdown*
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Dawn on 23 May 2005, 05:45

Mosquito wrote:
Terminator wrote:John Woo... never heard that name before...

*cough*
*wheeze
*breakdown*

agreed!
Terminator, do you not watch any Asian Martial Arts films? He's even done several in the U.S. since the early 90s! Hard Target with Van Damme, was a producer for The Replacement Killers, directed Mission Impossible 2 with Tom Cruise and directed Dolph in BlackJack. Before coming here he has directed some of what is considered the best action/martial arts films in China. He frequently works with Chow Yun-Fat the actor. Watch the movie Hard Boiled, its a classic.
Dolph Aficionado
Dawn
Site Admin

Postby Terminator on 23 May 2005, 09:45

I think I even watched several of those asian movies.
But I never heard that name before. ^^
In hope for someone who could replace the real Dolph one day if he's (hopefully not as soon) out of business...
Terminator
Regular

Postby Mosquito on 23 May 2005, 22:21

You must have seen Face/Off!

Easy to spot a Woo film: watch out for violence, guys shooting with a gun in each hand (preferredly shooting while jumping from something), a lot of slow motion action scenes and, his absolute specialty, a few doves flying away in slo-mo.
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby shooby on 16 Jun 2005, 17:34

John Woo, because emmerich ?!? His he a good director ? When I watch godzilla & co I don't think so
shooby

Postby Dawn on 21 Jun 2005, 04:07

shooby wrote:John Woo, because emmerich ?!? His he a good director ? When I watch godzilla & co I don't think so

Godzilla is only 1 bad one. Every director has at least one stinker to their credit. I own several of Emmerich's hits: Independence Day, Universal Soldier and The Day after Tommorrow. Maybe the stories are weak, but the visual effects are stunning.
Dolph Aficionado
Dawn
Site Admin

Postby shooby on 21 Jun 2005, 09:09

The tow only best movies of emmerich : US and Stargate, the others were bad, I don't like "movies for only visual effect". Independance Day is n american propaganda movie, The Day After Tommorow is en exagerated movie who try to make fear with ecology ...
shooby

Postby Tom on 21 Jun 2005, 11:21

Emmerich can do action but he lacks any grip on emotion.

Also I like Russell Mulcahy who did Silent Trigger, because his best film Highlander is one of my favourites. I also quite liked the Shadow. Russell is a great visual director but his choice of scripts is very bad, he always seems to do dodgy movies that happen to look good, like Trigger.

He;s had a small comeback with Swimming Upstream an independant Australian film that has been highly rated.
Tom
Regular

Return to General Discussion