Dolph in the Rocky games

This is a free-for-all discussion area, with no set topic, just anything & everything DOLPH!

Moderator: Moderators

Dolph in the Rocky games

Postby Craigie-Boy on 22 Jun 2005, 23:21

I only just joined this forum today, so forgive me if this thread is already on here somewhere.
What did everyone think of the renderings of Dolph in the PS2 games Rocky and Rocky Legends? I thought that in the first game, the likeness of him was pretty accurate, and he was suitably quick and powerful, easily dominating the ring in any fight. But what in the name of God was wrong with his voice?! It was atrocious! If the game's makers could get Stallone, Mr T and Tommy Morrison to voice their respective characters, surely it would only make sense to ask Dolph and Carl Weathers to do the same? Ah well.
Onto Rocky Legends. His voice has definitely improved, although there's still massive room for improvement. Plus we do get an interesting, if brief, glimpse at his background in the Russian army. So overall, this is the better representation of the Dolph-man.
Well, we can only hope that if the powers that be deem it necessary for a third Rocky game to be created, that Dolph (and all the other surviving cast members) will be invited to voice their characters, since none of the characters in Legends were voiced by their actors.
Thoughts please.
Craigie-Boy
Regular

Postby I Dig Dolph on 23 Jun 2005, 09:23

ya, i have both the games and i do agree that his voice was pretty bad! his voice wasnt deep enough. and i think in "rocky" he looked better, but in "rocky legends" there is something worng with is eyes...like hes evil...

BUT HEY HES STILL HOT!!!

(sorry i had to put that...) :lol:
I Dig Dolph

Postby Terminator on 24 Jun 2005, 15:35

If his look is evil, then theydid something right, didn't they?? ;)
Even in the movie his eyes were always looking dominating and agressively.
I've played both games a while ago and I totally agree with you about these voice- aspects.
In hope for someone who could replace the real Dolph one day if he's (hopefully not as soon) out of business...
Terminator
Regular

Return to General Discussion