Curious...

This is a free-for-all discussion area, with no set topic, just anything & everything DOLPH!

Moderator: Moderators

Curious...

Postby Lance on 08 Feb 2007, 08:34

Did Dolph Lundgren not like the way The Punisher turned out? Cause if he doesn't like it, he must not like the majority of his films, as this particular title is one of his best. I mean it's not that bad, it's got lots of action and is watchable. Hated by comicbook fans but a lot of people thought it was good.

Plus I remember him saying he liked it. I kinda agree about the production values, but I thought he liked it.
Lance

Postby Jox on 08 Feb 2007, 10:49

Dolph was very happy about it when he shot it and at the time of its release, saying it was his best film and his best role (or was it just because he had to promote the movie? Then as time went on, he seemed a little more bitter about it. I guess he wished the movie could have done more for him and blames some people involved in the production...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Mosquito on 08 Feb 2007, 18:40

Strange. I think The Punisher is one of his better movies. Ok, I don't like it when they dye his hair with dark colours but that was necessary for the role. The Punisher is within the best third of his movies, IMHO.
Mosquito
Site Admin

Hmm...

Postby Lance on 08 Feb 2007, 19:44

More disappointed about the fact that it didn't go to theaters in the U.S, how New World didn't give it a chance, or just the film itself?

Like I said, maybe it's one of those movies he saw potentional in, but it failed to reach it's full potentional. Cause once again if he doesn't like it, he must not like most of his movies. Still I love the film.
Lance

Postby Jox on 08 Feb 2007, 23:12

well, New World was bankrupt at the time and was about to be bought out by some company who only wanted to do TV or DTV... fortunately they had already sold rights to foreign territories so it had a theatrical release worlwide (with the exception of a few countries where it was banned)...

and as far as what Dolph thinks of it, he also keeps saying that tries not have regrets, doesn't want to look back too much to keep going and think ahead...

I'm sure he is recognizing what the film and the experience brought him, like Masters of the Universe for instance, he hated the experience at first and was later appreciating the experience more...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Travis on 16 Feb 2007, 00:13

I loved that they dyed his hair black. He looked like the character and me.
Travis
Regular

Postby carrie on 16 Feb 2007, 01:51

oh you think, ok then!!!
carrie
Regular

As it turns out...

Postby Lance on 26 Feb 2007, 03:39

He said in a Stardust magazine that he was proud to have been in The Punisher, so now i'm really confused. Then I read another article in which he says "I saw it and I kinda enjoyed it" so now I don't know what to think.

Perhaps compared to the quality of such fare as Detention, Agent Red and The Last Warrior, he looks back at it with goodness.

In all seriousness, I do think The Punisher is most likely his best starring role. Universal Soldier would be best and so on...
Lance

Return to General Discussion