KARATE (Kyokushinkai)

This is a free-for-all discussion area, with no set topic, just anything & everything DOLPH!

Moderator: Moderators

4TH DAN?

Postby Jox on 18 Jul 2005, 03:05

Rumor is that Dolph has taken a summer karate and was awarded his 4th Dan in Kyokushin Karate

http://www.budokarate.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=524&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=
Jox
Site Admin

Old pic of Dolph

Postby Travis on 10 Sep 2005, 02:57

Travis
Regular

US Kyokushin Tournament 2006

Postby Jox on 14 Jul 2006, 19:54

This was held last January in Los Angeles (wish I had been informed caue I was there!), and Dolph attended it of course

http://www.fightingart.ca/events/usweight_category_2006.htm
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Angelique on 14 Jul 2006, 21:10

cool!! its a pity you didn't knew..
I'm All Ears...
Angelique

Postby Terminator on 15 Jul 2006, 10:29

This is astounding that Dolph is still showing up with respect and much interest to the tournaments. Do you have some data when he's going to appear again?
In hope for someone who could replace the real Dolph one day if he's (hopefully not as soon) out of business...
Terminator
Regular

Postby CorinaDaniela on 05 Nov 2006, 15:37

wow is verry, verry nice.thanks
CorinaDaniela

KARATE

Postby Jox on 28 Mar 2007, 01:25

Last edited by Jox on 25 Dec 2008, 03:14, edited 1 time in total.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 01 Jun 2007, 12:35

Rare footage of Dolph competing at the 2nd World Kyokushin Karate Tournament 1979

Jox
Site Admin

Postby Sasha on 01 Jun 2007, 12:51

Awesome fight. Dolph rules.
Sasha

Postby dolphage on 15 Jun 2007, 17:13

Nice
Real nice
He was still an up-and-coming kid when he got out of competing and nowhere near his peak. I think he would have dominated kyukushin karate for a long time had he continued.
Now he he dominates EVERTHING instead. As he is the Master of the Universe! And that´s not so bad.
Thank you for the nice finds.
dolphage
Regular

Postby Geoff on 05 Aug 2007, 21:56

I love seeing anything DL to do with Karate. I study Shotkan Karate myself so good to see, thanks for sharing.
Geoff
Regular

Postby Geoff on 12 Aug 2007, 12:12

The guy is an absolute legend and supports his martial art whole heartly which is a real credit to him.
- Lets be honest. This is just a case to you, to me its more. Much more! and if you try and take this disk I'm going to hit you very, very hard!
Geoff
Regular

Postby Jox on 20 Aug 2007, 13:20

Some cool articles about a training session led by Dolph while in Tunisia (december 2005) shooting The Inquiry and visiting his old friend from the Swedish kyokushin karate team and later world champion Sadok Kouka:

(will try to translate later)

Jox
Site Admin

Postby Rover on 20 Aug 2007, 17:57

Thanks for sharing :)
Here is the translation of the first page...It's a bit rough, if you spot a mistake or something that doesn't make sense, please correct me :)

“Multiply exchanges between Tunisia and Sweden to promote martial arts”,
insists Dolph Lundgren during a training session with Sadok Kouka and the tunisian team.

(in the bottom of the pic)
Fight of the century: swedish Dolph Lundgren, Europe’s ex-champion, against tunisian Sadok Kouka, world’s ex-champion.

Dolph Lundgren, maybe you’re not used to this name. However, this athlete has a history and a real-life that millions of us dream to know. This Swedish actor, that everybody saw in Rocky IV and Red Scorpion was nothing less than one of the closest student to Sadok Kouka, even his best friend.
Taking advantage of being in Tunisia for the shooting of “the Inquiry”, in Hammamet, Tarbaka, and Tozeur, Dolph Lundgren, Europe’s ex-champion and several times Sweden’s champion, he visited the bosses of kyokushinkaï-karate.
Dolph Lundgren is an extra-ordinary character, with an incredible destiny, like martial arts usually conceal. With a few movies, he became a cinema star. This is now something accomplished for the one who is presented as Taky Kimura and Hitoshi Kiyama’s successor by his presence on screen, and the new things he brought above all in kyokushinkaï-karate.
The 500 athelets who joined the gathering in the olympic room of Sousse experienced strong sensations by the presence of the cinema and kyokunshinkaï star. It happened the previous Wednesday, local authorities, responsibles for Youth, Sport and Physical Education (guess you could say PE here?) ministry were here.
The young people, after a seeing Rocky IV ona big screen, were impressed and happy to find themselves in front of one of the main actor of the movie. The delegate of the Ministry of Youth, Sport, etc...bid the actor, and the champion Sadok Kouka welcome:
“it is both an honor for Tunisia and the town of Sousse to welcome a man of Dolph’s calibre, and to the kyokushinkaï-karate Federation, which strives to bring extent to this discipline, and to make Tunisia known on a world-scale.”
Europe’s ex-champion declared:
« Kyokushinkaï matches my temper. It allowed me to exteriorize. I found a vigor that hither lacked in my life. I am very happy to find my friend and my ex-coach Sadok Kouka, a great champion. I am impressed by what he does nowadays in Tunisia. We’ve known each others for about 30 years. I owe him my fame. He went back to his country after winning to world title. While I “chose” the opposite way , Hollywood. A difficult world where rivalry is evil. I admire what Sadok Kouka achieved in a few motnhs in his country, where he built a respected and respectable selection, allowing the young people to benefit from his experience and knowledge.
I was seduced by Tunisia and by the welcome I met as well in Tabarka, Hammamet, Tozeur, as in Tamerza. I’ll soon create a production company, and Tunisia will be among my first goals.
The fact to be here in front of Kouka and these fighters is an honor for me. It’s an unforgettable memory. With my friend Sadok, we achevied incredible results with Sweden. Kyokushinkaï begins and ends with modesty and humilty, and above all respect of the others” insisted Dolph Lundgren who lead with skill a training session with the members of the Tunisian team. Habib Farjallah, Amor Karkar, Imed Soui, Zougar, Adel Karoui, etc...made efforts to hold back the Swedish champion. He was impressive during one hour and a half of training. Low-kicks and ichi-geki were the two weapons of the kyokushinkaï. “Dolph had incredible and powerful low-kicks”, asserted national selector Habib Farjallah.

Dolph-Kouka: the fight against nostalgia

The highlight of the evening was incontestably the titan fight against Dolph Lundgren and Sadok Kouka. It was a fight between friends. The winner was the kyokushinkaï-karate. “Sure I had incredible partners like Sylvester Stallone, Van Damme, and Brandon Lee, but the true partner was Sadok Kouka because he’s a real champion” added Dolph Lundgren.
In the end of this training session, which thrilled all the kyokushinkaï fans, Sadok Kouka declared: “I’m very moved by the presence of my friend Dolph , who has been impressive despite he is 50 years old. In spite of the constraint of his shooting who wanted to be here to make a demonstration and lead a training session. I’m very moved by his presence. Tunisian kyokushinkaï is progressing a lot by its results and the presence of some world’s champions.”

any volunteers to translate the second page? ^^
Rover

Postby Geoff on 21 Aug 2007, 09:47

again - THE MAN IS A LEGEND, AND A TRUE PATRIOT OF THE MARTIAL ART.
- Lets be honest. This is just a case to you, to me its more. Much more! and if you try and take this disk I'm going to hit you very, very hard!
Geoff
Regular

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion