Edgar Wright talks Dolph.

This is a free-for-all discussion area, with no set topic, just anything & everything DOLPH!

Moderator: Moderators

Edgar Wright talks Dolph.

Postby Tom on 13 Apr 2007, 21:18

From his Myspace blog:

Dolph Does Dallas

This blog entry will be brief.

Mainly because Dallas was something of a blur. What I like to call Escape From Space Mountain.

You see the celebrations of Nick Frost's birthday hung heavy on me as we flew into Dallas Fort Worth International. The clouds were gathering over Texas that night and as the heavens opened I experienced a Brownie Comedown.

Things got more surreal as we were whisked into the AMC Northpark and a red carpet for the AFI Dallas Festival. We did a few TV interviews; one ten minute talk ending dispiritingly with the questions "Sorry, and you are?" followed by "And you worked on?".

We then jumped into the elevator and made our way into the multiplex itself where the festival organisers threw us a curveball.

"Dolph Lundgren is here to introduce you guys tonight. He's been in town directing a movie and we thought it would be appropriate that he host tonight's screening".

As we shook hands with a very nice and polite Drago, we couldn't help wondering how exactly Dolph's introduction of HOT FUZZ was in any way appropriate.

Mr. Lundgren was not someone that I especially linked with classic cop action - although to be fair; I COME IN PEACE (aka Dark Angel) has its moments.

Either way, Dolph brought us onstage after plugging his new movie MISSIONARY MAN (which surely is begging for a companion film entitled DOGGY DUDE) which allowed Simon to fulfill a lifelong ambition by saying "Thanks Dolph".

After our intro we ran through tropical showers to have dinner at Sevy with the very lovely, very dry Robert Wilonsky.

As we talked with Robert - it suddenly hit us as to why Dolph was the perfect host.

He was fucking He-Man!

I've never cried Doh! over Dolph before. There's a first time for everything.

The shame of not recognising the Grayskull link hung heavy over the Q&A. This combined with my post-cake blues drove this young man to skip a AFI reception and skulk to an early bed at the Crescent Court Hotel.

Party Points Deducted - 50

The next morning was a brighter affair where we had a bundle of fun on GOOD MORNING TEXAS. Ultimate Fighter Chuck Liddell had fallen asleep on this show not two weeks before. We took great zeal in repeating his snooze.

We then did a whole days worth of press before hightailing out of Dallas by car.

Since there were Tornado warnings, the idea of flying to Austin did not appeal, so we loaded up into the SUV and sailed close to the wind on a stormy sojurn to Austin.

We came 20 km away from a Twister. Which was quite exciting.

I'm toying with a MB Games based joke about Ker Plunk and Mousetrap, but it's late and your correspondant is shagged out.

Back soon with more Tex Mex fun.

Edgar

P.S. My sincere apologies for a less than action packed blog. Dolph notwithstanding.
Tom
Regular

Postby Molti on 14 Apr 2007, 04:30

Pretty cool. Surprised that Wright wasn't aware of SHOWDOWN IN LITTLE TOKYO, but I see you pointed that out to him on his myspace page. Looking forward to HOT FUZZ.
Molti

Return to General Discussion