Dolph should work with some b-stars!

This is a free-for-all discussion area, with no set topic, just anything & everything DOLPH!

Moderator: Moderators

Who should dolph work with?

Chuck Norris
22%
Don "The Dragon" wilson
No votes
Bolo Yeung
33%
Sammo Hung
22%
a famous rapper..
22%

Total votes : 9

Dolph should work with some b-stars!

Postby ExZit on 11 Feb 2004, 01:05

in the most recent movies hes workin with no-names, his upcomin movie Retrogate will co-star gary daniels.. who is a b-star (allmost).. i think that is a move in the right direction!

what other b-stars do we want him to work with?

Chuck Norris, Don "the dragon" wilson and Bolo Yeung, Sammo hung or someone other 8)

how much $$ does the dudes above take for a movie?

BTW.. im a new member :D
ExZit

Postby Jox on 11 Feb 2004, 01:09

None of the above, please! (or just Sammo Hung if he just work on choreography)
Jox
Site Admin

Postby jabe on 11 Feb 2004, 09:19

Chuck Norris is not a "B" movie star, Bolo hasnt been making films for a while, and Sammo Hung, as Jox said, maybe just for the choreography.

the rest of your suggestions, lets hope not!

since a vote is necessary, I'll choose Chuck, but it would neat to see him and Bolo on screen together.
jabe

Postby bomaz on 11 Feb 2004, 11:31

watch Dolph with Olivier Gruner can be funny !!!! but there's one thing that I can't understand !!!!! it's a shame : Dolph has no appearance in Punisher 2004 !!!!!! :cry:
bomaz

Postby Mosquito on 11 Feb 2004, 14:20

I'd say none of the above but since I had to pick one I picked Bolo just for the good old times. ;-) Maybe he'd still make a good villain to fight.

I think Mark Dacascos could work in the way that Brandon Lee did. Or Matthias Hues. Sure, Dolph and Matthias look similar (size, hair, statue...) but they played well together in I Come In Peace (though Matthias was a bit too friendly for an evil alien).
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Dawn on 11 Feb 2004, 19:41

Personally, I like the fact that he has worked with a lot of unknowns, because it really gives others a chance to enter the profession. As for working with big stars, thats always great to see, but if there is a low budget, it generally isn't feasible. I will say though, that some of the rappers in movies today are good actors. I have seen LL Cool J in quite a few films and I honestly forget he is rapper since he seems so natural on the screen. I don't think I would want him to appear with anyone on the list though. Every Martial Artist actor has their own style, but Mark would be interesting. I think Mark has a lot of charisma on screen.
Dolph Aficionado
Dawn
Site Admin

Postby Travis on 12 Feb 2004, 04:36

I agree that Dolph should work with Mark Dacascos, Even though most of his films are horrible.

I saw Don "the Dragon" Wilson yesterday. This guy looks horrible. Not to mention he is the cheesiest of all action hero wanna be's. He is a poor man's Van Damme, a very poor man's.
Travis
Regular

Postby Dawn on 12 Feb 2004, 18:05

The only film of Marks that I don't think is cheesy is Brotherhood of the Wolf. I thought that was excellent and even the critics thought it was good.
Dolph Aficionado
Dawn
Site Admin

Postby ExZit on 12 Feb 2004, 19:26

khurram112 wrote:Dolph Shouldn't work with these stars.
He should be working with bigger stars.
He should Sign a movie as a villain against any big A-List Stars like The Rock , Sylvestor Stallone, Van Damme or maybe Arnold Schwarzenegger(I Hope He Returns). He is Good enough for them.
Whats ur oppinion ?

i would like to see him against those stars too, but the chances for that to happen is very small.

a lesser known star is more realastic..

Dolph gotta make some "cheap" tricks to grab people's attention.. :wink: work with rappers.. look at seagal and jet li
ExZit

Postby Travis on 12 Feb 2004, 22:46

At this point I think Dolph should work with anyone else with any kind of name, even a rapper as corny as that is.

I would like to see him work with Louis Gosset Jr. again.

Dacascos is a good actor that makes bad films. My mom likes him because he is Filipino.
Travis
Regular

Postby Mosquito on 15 Feb 2004, 21:44

Dawn wrote:The only film of Marks that I don't think is cheesy is Brotherhood of the Wolf. I thought that was excellent and even the critics thought it was good.

Does that mean that you
a) haven't seen Crying Freeman or
b) think that Crying Freeman is cheesy?

If a) then go and watch it because I think it isn't cheesy at all and many people think that it is his best movie.
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 15 Feb 2004, 23:09

I agree with you Mosquito but I think the reason is because Crying Freeman still didn't get a release in the US neither theatrical nor in video
Jox
Site Admin

Postby katanah2jbrm on 16 Feb 2004, 00:23

Dolph should never work with rappers that is a joke. The movie would be horrible. I think he should work with hungry directors instead of b actors. Don't get me wrong I would love for him to work with Dacascos or Gruner, but he should focus on the quality of the script and crew instead of the cast. However he might have to give up a substancial amount of money to particapate in a film like that. Dolph only makes 1-2 million a movie and his lifestyle he might not be able to afford a drastic cut in his salary. But I think the actor who he should work with would have to be scott Aktins, who I think will be the next b action movie star. That would be a great fight.
Time can not die Only people
katanah2jbrm

Postby Travis on 16 Feb 2004, 01:07

I didn't see Crying Freeman. That wasn't released in America.
Travis
Regular

Postby shooby on 27 Mar 2004, 12:43

sammo ... or bolo ?!?
shooby

Return to General Discussion