Dolph references

This is a free-for-all discussion area, with no set topic, just anything & everything DOLPH!

Moderator: Moderators

Dolph references

Postby Craigie-Boy on 20 Feb 2008, 04:23

So there I was, reading a novel on the bus while on my way to work yesterday. In one scene, two men meet in a bar. One, named Carl Unger, sits down at a table already occupied by Ward Hopkins, and after introducing himself, Unger remarks, "I know. Name like mine, you were expecting Dolph Lundgren."
I thought this was a nice, surprising reference to Dolph - most writers would probably instead have referred to Arnie (though if memory serves, Arnie is also mentioned earlier in the book. If any of you are interested, the book is Blood Of Angels, by Michael Marshall. Chapter 18 is where you want to look.

Also, I picked up a copy of UK lads' mag Nuts today to flick through on the train home (yep, I need to take the train and the bus to get to and from work), and while reading an interview with Stallone about the new Rambo, he is asked which of the following is tougher: Dolph Lundgren, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Steven Seagal or himself. His response?
"Dolph was very tough for real, not just in movies. I saw him pick up Carl Weathers and throw him like a rag doll across the ring. Arnold's tough but he fights with his brain. And Seagal? Well, he's a real man of mystery ... But who's gonna walk out of the room? Last man standing? That'll be me."

Anyway, I thought it was nice to see Dolph being referenced in the book I was reading. Anyone else know of any other books or whatnot where he's been mentioned?
Craigie-Boy
Regular

Postby dolphage on 20 Feb 2008, 22:22

Stallones comments about Dolph is music to my ears.
dolphage
Regular

Return to General Discussion