AQUAMAN (James Wan, 2018)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: AQUAMAN (James Wan, 2018) (in post-production)

Postby Jox on 13 Apr 2018, 02:02

Screen Shot 2018-04-13 at 01.01.30.jpg
Screen Shot 2018-04-13 at 01.01.30.jpg (82.63 KiB) Viewed 6264 times
Jox
Site Admin

Postby bomaz on 13 Apr 2018, 18:27

Well, I hope Randall Park won't be too much of a comic relief. He's a good actor though, and I trust Wan as a director.
bomaz

Postby Jox on 17 Apr 2018, 12:01

According to Wan, the Dr Shin character was not "just added and cast", it was part of the script from the start, but they didn't shoot his scenes during principal photography:

Screen Shot 2018-04-17 at 10.56.55.jpg
Screen Shot 2018-04-17 at 10.56.55.jpg (82.99 KiB) Viewed 6159 times
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 18 Apr 2018, 07:19

Screen Shot 2018-04-18 at 06.18.51.jpg
Screen Shot 2018-04-18 at 06.18.51.jpg (68.55 KiB) Viewed 6126 times
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 22 Apr 2018, 17:36

This time it's pretty much confirmed Warner will promote AQUAMAN at CinemaCon in Las Vegas:

Screen Shot 2018-04-22 at 16.32.07.jpg
Screen Shot 2018-04-22 at 16.32.07.jpg (58.98 KiB) Viewed 6063 times

https://screenrant.com/aquaman-jason-mo ... wan-press/
Though neither Momoa nor Wan specify where they’re going to start promoting Aquaman, it’s likely they’re headed to Las Vegas, Nevada for CinemaCon 2018, which kicks off April 23. Warner Bros. is set to give a presentation of their upcoming slate on April 24 from 4pm-5:45pm PST (7pm-8:45pm EST). Since Warner Bros. debuted a new Justice League trailer and showed Aquaman concept art at CinemaCon last year, it’s almost certain the studio will preview Aquaman as it’s their only DC movie releasing in 2018. The studio may also preview Shazam!, but it won’t be as extensive as Aquaman.

It’s likely Warner Bros. will debut the first Aquaman trailer at CinemaCon, but that doesn’t necessarily mean it will be released online at the same time. Trailers and footage screened at CinemaCon and other conventions often have unfinished VFX. Remember, Warner Bros. never released the Aquaman footage from San Diego Comic-Con 2017. So if the Aquaman trailer or footage screened at CinemaCon isn’t quite finished, it won’t be released to the public until the VFX is fully polished.

Still, as we get closer to Aquaman’s December release date, Warner Bros. will no doubt kick off promotion for the film soon enough. It’s possible fans may have to wait until this summer’s Comic-Con International in San Diego for the first trailer. However, with so many blockbusters hitting theaters in May and June, Warner Bros. may unveil it earlier so that it can play in theaters with some of the year’s biggest releases. We’ll have a better idea of when to expect the trailer once Warner Bros. holds its presentation at CinemaCon this week. But for now, fans can get hyped that the star and director of Aquaman are embarking on the first part of the film’s press tour.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 23 Apr 2018, 18:33

Not sure if this is a new promo still for AQUAMAN or from JUSTICE LEAGUE

Jox
Site Admin

Postby TEMIRLAN on 23 Apr 2018, 19:12

Will Dolph be at CinemaCon panel?
TEMIRLAN

Postby shooby on 25 Apr 2018, 11:10

shooby

Postby Dida on 25 Apr 2018, 13:11

I think this video is fanmade.

Here is the describtion of what was shown in the teaser trailer

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/aquaman ... shazam-178
If he dies....he dies....
Dida

Postby Jox on 25 Apr 2018, 13:25

Dida wrote:I think this video is fanmade.

Indeed, the above video doesn't represent what the reports describe of the preview footage that was shown (which is still a "work in progress" as James Wan said, so we might have to wait San Diego Comic Con for an official teaser trailer)...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 25 Apr 2018, 16:00

Warner Bros. Introduces First 'Aquaman' Footage at CinemaCon
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat- ... on-1105488

‘Aquaman’ Work-In-Progress Teaser, Bits Of ‘Shazam!’ Shown At Warner Bros’ CinemaCon Panel
http://deadline.com/2018/04/aquaman-wor ... 202375864/

The Footage Screened of James Wan's AQUAMAN Movie at CinemaCon was Freakin' Epic!
https://geektyrant.com/news/the-footage ... eakin-epic
While at CinemaCon, I had the opportunity to see the first footage from Warner Bros. and DC Entertainment's upcoming film Aquaman. Before the footage was shown, director James Wan expressed how he really didn't want to show any footage at this point because it wasn't fully finished. But, the studio told him he had to show something, so he did, and what he ended up sharing with all those in attendance was visually epic!

I was completely wowed by the footage that I saw! Wan's vision for this film goes way above and beyond what I was expecting. This world that Wan has created is seriously Lord of the Rings-style epic, only it's set underwater! I'll be honest, I've never been a fan of Aquaman, but I'm a huge fan of James Wan, and now I couldn't be more excited to see this movie!

Aquaman looks like it's the most ambitious DC film project that WB has made yet. The footage showed tons of footage of Jason Momoa in the title role and the story will dive into the character backstory. One of the coolest scenes showed a young Aquaman catching a trident flying at his face with his bare hands. There's also a shot of him lifting a submarine out of the ocean, and we see a badass fight scene inside of a sub.

We also got our first look at Willem Dafoe as Vulko; Temuera Morrison (Green Lantern) as Tom Curry; Patrick Wilson looked awesome as Orm/Ocean Master, who promises to bring the "wrath of the seven seas." Then there was Yahya Abdul-Mateen II looking freakin' rad as Black Manta! It was a quick shot, but he looked so cool and his look is right on par with the design of the character in the comics.

The most impressive stuff that I saw, though, were the visuals of the world that the story is set in. At one point the Ocean Master is standing in a colosseum rallying the crowd of people against his brother who is looking to challenge him to the throne.

I can't wait for you to see some of this stuff when the first trailer is eventually released. I think a lot of fans will be in awe of what this movie looks like. Judging from what I saw here, Wan went out and made an incredible Aquaman film!

Aquaman also stars Dolph Lundgren as Nereus, Ludi Lin as Murk, and Nicole Kidman as Atlanna. Here's the synopsis:

Aquaman will center on Aquaman as a reluctant ruler of the underwater kingdom of Atlantis who is caught between land dwellers that are always polluting the globe and his own people who are ready to invade the surface.

The movie is set to be released December 21, 2018.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 26 Apr 2018, 13:56

Aquaman director James Wan teases a 'Shakespearean story' of sibling rivalry
http://ew.com/movies/2018/04/24/aquaman ... g-rivalry/

They say blood is thicker than water — but does that hold up underwater?

Audiences may find out in Warner Bros’. upcoming Aquaman movie, which director James Wan says will tell a “Shakespearean” tale of sibling rivalry set against a sci-fi/fantasy backdrop.

Speaking to EW at CinemaCon in Las Vegas on Tuesday, the filmmaker teased the central conflict between Jason Momoa’s titular hero (a.k.a. Arthur Curry) and his villainous brother, Orm (who also goes by the nom de guerre Ocean Master).

“The main antagonist in this movie is Orm, played by Patrick Wilson,” Wan said. “And Black Manta, played by Yahya [Abdul-Mateen], is caught up in that world with them as well. But the main drive really is, it’s almost a very classic Shakespearean story about brother from another world vs. brother from another world. And it really is a classic story of sibling rivalry.”

Wan added that Aquaman will be unique among superhero movies because its danger comes not from the sky or another dimension, but from the depths.

“We’re used to superhero movies where the threat is from another dimension or aliens from another universe coming here and trying to destroy our Earth,” Wan said. “But we haven’t seen one where the main threat is from a massive, massive civilization that is right under our nose, in the ocean.… The idea that there could be a massive civilization living right underneath [us] that we don’t know about is kind of scary and exciting.”

Aquaman will also mark Momoa’s first solo outing as the Atlantean hero, after a cameo in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice and a supporting role in Justice League, and Wan thinks he’s ready for the spotlight. “One of the things people will be surprised by is seeing that Jason Momoa is not just a tough guy, but that the guy is actually very charismatic, funny, goofy, and is a potential romantic lead,” he said.

Shortly after chatting with EW, Wan introduced some rough footage from the movie taking viewers straight into the vast undersea world of Atlantis. The footage featured Aquaman and Mera (Amber Heard) traveling in a spaceship-like vehicle into the lavish world, as well as Orm — with slicked-back, silvery-blond hair — standing in an arena as he intones, “My brother has come from the surface to challenge me for the throne.”

Momoa’s muscle-bound Aquaman delivers one-liners referring to his brute strength, such as, “I’ve learned from a young age not to show weakness, solving my problems with my fists. I’m a blunt instrument, and I’m good at it.”

Mera tells him he’s part of something deeper, and under threat of destruction.

The footage ended with an epic battle scene and Orm rasping, “War is coming to the surface, and I’m bringing the wrath of the Seven Seas with me.”

Sounds good to me, and like a superhero movie I could care about, that actually deals with character emotional conflicts and turmoils, if it indeed bears an operatic, tragedy angle to it that's even more up my alley. Plus the underwater setting should make it stand out even more, no flying, no building or street roads collapsing in urban mayhem...

Again, I'm glad Dolph is in AQUAMAN rather than DEADPOOL 2.
Plus Josh Brolin is a fine actor but names such as Willem Dafoe, Nicole Kidman, or even Tumuera Morrison (ONCE WERE WARRIORS) add more weight and seriousness to the cast.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby shooby on 26 Apr 2018, 16:07

On the other hand, that's a shame that Dolph has not been at CinemaCon. Sly could have released him from the shoot for Creed 2 for two days
shooby

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies