MAXIMUM POTENTIAL (John Langley, 1986, fitness video)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: MAXIMUM POTENTIAL (John Langley, 1986, fitness video)

Postby Jox on 19 Oct 2018, 00:25

German VHS with two still photographs on the back I had never seen before

Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 27 May 2019, 12:58

Dolph demonstrating the shoulder exercise as shown in Dr. Lilian Glass' book "Talk to Win" (1987). Glass has been coaching Dolph during his early years in Hollywood, notably on getting rid of his accent.

Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 10 Aug 2019, 10:04

Rare advert from "Muscle & Fitness"

Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 18 Oct 2020, 19:07

Quentin Tarantino:
Your first Hollywood job was as PA on a Dolph Lundgren workout video, Maximum Potential. Was it a good experience? – Robin Brekke

Yeah, it was a ball! It was me and Roger Avary working on it, and John Langley and Malcolm Barbour who created the show Cops, just before they created it. John Langley used to come into Video Archives, so he knew us and thought, “Oh, I’m going to give those guys a shot.” It was really fun, though the cinematographer was really, really mean to me. But I remember going down to Venice Beach and there’s this grassy area where Dolph Lundgren is going to do his exercises, with people behind him following along. And there’s just an acre of dogshit, all over this small area of grass. So me and Roger have to clean it up, alright? We’re scooping up the dogshit and the crew is fucking around, and me and Roger are going, “This is literally a shitty job.” We start talking about how we want to be directors one day and I go, “The day when I’m a director, man, I’m gonna be out there with the PAs, scooping up the dogshit right with them!” Cut to Pulp Fiction. We’re out there shooting something and sure enough, there’s a bunch of grass and some dogshit on it. And they grab a couple of PAs and go, “Clean that shit up.” And I go [sighs], “Okaaaay...” I joined them, I grabbed a shovel and I did a couple of scoops. I had a debt to pay.

https://www.empireonline.com/movies/fea ... questions/
Jox
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Dolph's Movies