BLACK WATER (Allan Ungar; Pasha Patriki, 2018)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: BLACK WATER (Pasha Patriki, 2018)

Postby Jox on 01 Feb 2019, 17:38

Yeah, I feel the director tried his best with what he had to work with, which was just... a really bad script and concept to begin with (not to mention some of the supporting roles and casting). I almost dozed off towards the last 10-15 minutes...

I'd want to see Dolph's nerdish, zen-like, literate badass in a better film. 8)

This and ALTITUDE really show the "ambition" (ie lack of) that the producers have. I admire young Richard Switzer for having launched his producing career at barely 18 of age, but since he's co-credited with the stories I question his tastes.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Mosquito on 02 Feb 2019, 21:11

I completely missed this one. Reading your reviews here I think I'm going to wait until someone uploads the 10-minute executive summary of Dolph's scenes and just skip the rest. :mrgreen:
Mosquito
Site Admin

Postby shooby on 03 Feb 2019, 12:50

In the French version, I criticize a little bit the fact that Marco's voice dubble haven't a german accent. Otherwise, I can't remember the name of the German secret service to which he belongs!
shooby

Postby Jox on 09 Feb 2019, 16:27

Korean poster

Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 20 Mar 2019, 22:17

Patrick Kilpatrick (who released the 1st part of autobiography last november)
https://theactionelite.com/all-new-patr ... interview/
Although you will be going into your film career in Volume 2 I was wondering if you can give us any tidbits about working on Black Water where you reunite with Jean-Claude Van Damme?

Well there’s a whole chapter that’s going to be in there on it but it was a hilarious and tragic experience because I’ll say whatever character flaws Jean-Claude had have only been exacerbated by the passage of time. I tremendously enjoyed working on the film because it was on the USS Alabama which is a ship that covered my father during his experience in World War II as they were swimming ashore to islands in the Pacific. So that was memorable; that part of the country Mobile Alabama has exquisite beaches and restaurants and the group of people that were assembled for the film were really interesting. The tragedy lies in the brain damage that’s occurred to people over the passage of time. There were a lot of things about that movie that were unique but it was hilarious and tragic at the same time. I’ll just tell you I’m on my fourth movie where I’m working with a leading man who is incapable of learning his lines or using cue cards or repeating phrases that were uttered by the director or script supervisor off camera. I think you’ll agree I was ruthlessly candid in Volume 1 so expect the same in Volume 2. I think some of these movie stars have the ability to live in paradise but because of their own self destruction they don’t achieve that. I certainly address that in book 2.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 22 Aug 2019, 13:18

Polish TV spot

Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 16 Oct 2019, 16:14

Just found out that the French edition is in the wrong 1.78 aspect ratio (without the 2.39 caches) and in 1080i at 25fps instead of (1080p 24fps)...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 07 Mar 2020, 14:55

I thought we'd seen all Chinese variant posters but this looks legit:

Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 10 Apr 2020, 00:06

BW had not come out in Australia yet, a DVD release set in July
https://www.blu-ray.com/dvd/Black-Water-DVD/208888/

Rating dated April 6, 2020
https://www.classification.gov.au/titles/black-water-1

(click to enlarge)
Jox
Site Admin

Postby shooby on 08 Mar 2021, 10:07

It's not the first time that it was broadcast in France
shooby

Postby Jox on 30 May 2021, 13:42

Promotional still

Jox
Site Admin

Postby Jox on 28 Jul 2021, 16:30

Candid Patrick Kilpatrick regarding his 2-volumes autobiography (“DYING FOR LIVING: Sins & Confessions of a Hollywood Villain & Libertine Patriot”), JCVD, and BLACK WATER:
https://theactionelite.com/all-new-patr ... interview/
Although you will be going into your film career in Volume 2 I was wondering if you can give us any tidbits about working on Black Water where you reunite with Jean-Claude Van Damme?

Well there’s a whole chapter that’s going to be in there on it but it was a hilarious and tragic experience because I’ll say whatever character flaws Jean-Claude had have only been exacerbated by the passage of time. I tremendously enjoyed working on the film because it was on the USS Alabama which is a ship that covered my father during his experience in World War II as they were swimming ashore to islands in the Pacific. So that was memorable; that part of the country Mobile Alabama has exquisite beaches and restaurants and the group of people that were assembled for the film were really interesting. The tragedy lies in the brain damage that’s occurred to people over the passage of time. There were a lot of things about that movie that were unique but it was hilarious and tragic at the same time. I’ll just tell you I’m on my fourth movie where I’m working with a leading man who is incapable of learning his lines or using cue cards or repeating phrases that were uttered by the director or script supervisor off camera. I think you’ll agree I was ruthlessly candid in Volume 1 so expect the same in Volume 2. I think some of these movie stars have the ability to live in paradise but because of their own self destruction they don’t achieve that. I certainly address that in book 2.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby savagesketch on 09 Aug 2021, 08:45

Special interview here in which I had the pleasure of speaking with legendary actor, Patrick Kilpatrick! We discuss his career, his book, BLACK WATER, and more! Enjoy!

https://imustbreakthispodcast.wordpress ... ilpatrick/

As always, please feel free to rate and review the show on iTunes, Stitcher, or wherever else you go to subscribe!
savagesketch

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies