EXPEND4BLES (Scott Waugh, 2023)

An area for discussion of Dolph's past, present & future movies!

Moderator: Moderators

Re: THE EXPENDABLES 4 (Scott Waugh, 2022) (filming)

Postby bomaz on 15 Oct 2021, 12:04

Well... it's a wrap for Sly on this one :lol:
bomaz

Postby Jox on 15 Oct 2021, 12:48

savagesketch wrote:
preacher wrote:Oh man…
From only having a small part to rewriting the script and now choreographing fight scenes?!

I am not the biggest fan of Stallones sensibilities as a filmmaker so this i worries me. And the way he speaks in the video is not promising.

Location looks nice though

I was actually thinking the EXACT SAME thing. This was supposed to be Statham's film, and perhaps it still may be. But with Sly becoming more and more involved, it's looking like this will just be EXPENDABLES 4. I could be wrong, but I guess we'll see...

I believe he's only revised his own dialogue, and if he had been the choreographer on the scene he's talked about, I don't think he would had the time to just hang out around the set and shoot that Insta video... The fact that he's wrapping today and can't wait to leave tomorrow kind of says it all.

bomaz wrote:Well... it's a wrap for Sly on this one :lol:

So Sly started filming on October 4th and he's wrapping on the 15th, that makes a maximum of 11 days (and he might not have worked every hour or every single day) out of what is likely a 40-50 days shoot...
Jox
Site Admin

Postby Nathan on 15 Oct 2021, 14:30

I reckon that'll be 15 minutes screentime for Sly tops. Hopefully they don't decide to kill him off as there's no going back from that - although then again, this is the age of reboots ignoring previous timelines. Here's hoping Dolph also has decent screentime.
"Are we having fun yet?" - Dolph Lundgren, Universal Soldier
Nathan
Regular

Postby preacher on 15 Oct 2021, 16:13

The fact that he's wrapping today and can't wait to leave tomorrow kind of says it all.

I find that strangely reassuring. Guess it is like swearing i church around here but I just find Sly to be his own (and his films) worst enemy more times than not.

I reckon that'll be 15 minutes screentime for Sly tops. Hopefully they don't decide to kill him off as there's no going back from that - although then again, this is the age of reboots ignoring previous timelines. Here's hoping Dolph also has decent screentime.

I would'nt mind him dying actually. The franchise is kinda finished. The old guys are REALLY getting up anyway.
AND actually killing Barney could make a great catalyst for the story. It would motivate Gunner to really fall of the deep end, loose it and make that character reclaim it's former destructive glory, for example.

BUT my guess is that Barney will get kidnapped and the story is the mission to rescue him. Which is not half bad and could catapult the story in a similar way to him dying.
preacher
Regular

Postby TEMIRLAN on 15 Oct 2021, 17:44

Do we know who's playing the main villain? Garcia is kinda Willis/Ford role, Jaa most likely is the main action villain, but who's the boss?
TEMIRLAN

Postby alex.sp89 on 15 Oct 2021, 18:12

Sad to recognize that Sly is going to play just a little bit in this one.He doesn't look very happy leaving the set so soon. EX is actually his child. He was the head of everything since 2009. Let's hope that he is going to kick some ass in his short screen time. If they are going to kill his character like Steven Seagal in Executive Decision (1996) I will be very disappointed. Kidnapped and kept like a hostage and rescued by the rest of the team is what fans can accept. Make him like Arnold/Trench character in EX2 but with a more serious note.

Or maybe who knows his part will be bigger just filmed mostly with stand ins because Sly had a back surgery recently. He just filmed his required close ups. They mostly did the same this summer when Harrison Ford got injured on the set of Indiana Jones 5. Age is age and u need to take care of yourself now...
alex.sp89

Postby Jox on 15 Oct 2021, 19:08

Each time Sly's characters were meant to die, he did not let it happen, so even if he's leaving the EXPENDABLES franchise I kind of doubt he agreed to the idea...

On the other hand, a nice send-off for Gunnar could make a very dramatic stake (whether it's early or later in the movie) since he's a well-liked character (so his death would mean something to the audience) and we know unlike his other action peers, Lundgren never had an issue with dying on-screen.
Jox
Site Admin

Postby JuV on 15 Oct 2021, 20:07

TEMIRLAN wrote:Do we know who's playing the main villain? Garcia is kinda Willis/Ford role, Jaa most likely is the main action villain, but who's the boss?

I hadn't thought of that yet, but concidering that Saïd Tagmaoui was apparently approached for that role (someone not many people have heard of) it might be 50 Cent?

Jox wrote:Each time Sly's characters were meant to die, he did not let it happen, so even if he's leaving the EXPENDABLES franchise I kind of doubt he agreed to the idea...

Maybe the rewrite he did was writing out his death :lol:.

I wouldn't mind Wesley Snipes returning and i'm amazed someone like Danny Trejo hasn't had a cameo yet.
JuV

Postby savagesketch on 16 Oct 2021, 00:02

preacher wrote:
BUT my guess is that Barney will get kidnapped and the story is the mission to rescue him. Which is not half bad and could catapult the story in a similar way to him dying.

This is my exact thinking. While I actually wouldn't mind it if Barney dies (thus giving the story a REAL catalyst and some... ahem... stakes), I'm also thinking that Barney gets kidnapped (perhaps on the cargo ship that the story is rumored to be following), thus putting in motion the Lee Christmas character to rescue him. How this will involve Dolph, Couture, and the others is still my biggest wondering (as is the story).

Coincidentally, that's long been the angle that I wished THE EXPENDABLES 2 went in terms of its narrative -- Jet Li's character is kidnapped, and the team is sent on a rescue mission. They could have then filmed Li's scenes here after he's rescued and then joins the fight. Still not as messy narratively as EX3 though...
savagesketch

Postby Jox on 21 Oct 2021, 19:13

Sylvester Stallone himself set the record straight on StalloneZone:
DOLPH IS NOT FINISHED AND WHEN I SAID I WAS" MOVING ON "I DID NOT MEAN I WAS FINISHED WITH THE EXPENDABLES IT MEANT I WAS FINISHED WITH THAT PERFORMANCE.

https://craigzablo.proboards.com/post/791661
Jox
Site Admin

Postby alex.sp89 on 22 Oct 2021, 09:04

Sly just wants to keep the hype around his persona. He used to do this last 2-3 years on his account. because very often he said something which is very confusing. He did the same with Creed 2 in short video thanking everyone, afterwords audience felt it was his last appearance like Rocky, after that he denied this.In another video he showed Rocky movie/location house where he lived with Adrian in Rocky 2,5 saying maybe it is the last time when he has the chance to visit it, houseand apartment where he wrote Rocky in 1975-1976.It looks like he is ready to pass away. Sly be more positive.... Or as Van Damme said in one of his interviews - I (Van Damme) WANT TO MOVE ON IN ANOTHER WORLD QUIET JUST SURROUNDED BY CLOSE PEOPLE, NOT LIKE STALLONE WHO WANTS TO GO IN THE CENTER OF ATTENTION SURROUNDED BY PRESS.
alex.sp89

Postby Jox on 25 Oct 2021, 21:42

Iko Uwais is in Bulgaria, could this be for EXPEND4BLES?

EDIT:
Stallone / Statham
https://www.instagram.com/p/CVdjdCsN5pr/
Jox
Site Admin

Postby TEMIRLAN on 25 Oct 2021, 22:59

would be a nice addition.
TEMIRLAN

PreviousNext

Return to Dolph's Movies